Don't expect rebate from Buslink burners

Posted by: seamonkey

Don't expect rebate from Buslink burners - 14/07/03 08:35 PM

They dont pay up. I bought a CD-RW with a $30+$20 rebate in Feb '03. Best Buy had their portion to me within a month. When you call Buslink you get an answering machine saying leave a message and they'll call you back. They dont. When you email them you get an automated response only.

BBB gives them a suckey rating. I also found several message boards saying they never pay.

I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission but they dont really have much authority to do anything.

Just FYI for anyone thinking of buying their products, full price is what you end up paying.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Don't expect rebate from Buslink burners - 14/07/03 08:44 PM

Sucks, but that's the chance you take sometimes. If you can't afford it without the rebate, don't buy it.

Brent
Posted by: Mobycat

Re: Don't expect rebate from Buslink burners - 14/07/03 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by seamonkey:
I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission but they dont really have much authority to do anything.
I would think the FTC would have a load of power. If they aren't paying, I would say they are engaging in fraud.
Posted by: ashleynatlanta

Re: Don't expect rebate from Buslink burners - 15/07/03 07:51 AM

If they aren't paying, being sued for fraud is probably going to net zero. Waste of time for the FTC, who is already busy doing nothing.