Deer Friend….

Posted by: Xtoolbox

Deer Friend…. - 19/09/05 10:20 PM

I gathered up with the good folks of NCCX to run a beautiful trail up in the Sierra Nevada’s called Deer Valley Trail in the Mokelumne Wilderness area.

We started off HWY 4 East of Lake Alpine going from South to North; the trail is a lot of fun, tight with sharp turns, trees squeezes, roots, and boulder creek wash like sections with some very fine/loose dirt. Rated a 7 in this direction or 8 if you take the optional big boulders lines like I tried.

We all made pretty good progress on the different sections with tire grip being a factor on certain lines, the more aggressive tires seemed to do better, my swampers where right at home. Anyway we made camp at a reasonable daylight hour right by a beautiful stream with a great view, the daylight temps were nice but as soon as the sun dropped the temps began to plummet. By morning things froze including some of the camp chairs but we saved/rounded up just enough wood to warm up.

That night with a strong burning campfire we enjoyed a great dinner cookout, spiked beverages, BS’ing under a bright harvest moon when the trail’s name steak showed up. Yup a deer wondered into our campsite and wanted to hang out right by my truck. Didn’t look full grown yet, maybe he was hungry or something but he keep coming back over and over again for almost a hour before he decided to move along. Good thing we already eat well and he wasn’t a adult otherwise somebody may have had a new friend for keeps ;-)

Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Deer Friend…. - 20/09/05 01:19 AM

I like the scenery. I wish NJ had those types landscapes.
Posted by: RI Xterra

Re: Deer Friend…. - 20/09/05 06:38 AM

Kewl pics. [ThumbsUp]

Re: Deer Friend…. - 20/09/05 07:35 AM

nice [ThumbsUp]

Re: Deer Friend…. - 20/09/05 09:01 AM

Nice. Good times. [ThumbsUp]

Re: Deer Friend…. - 20/09/05 09:03 AM

Great pics!!! Looks beautiful

Re: Deer Friend…. - 20/09/05 09:04 AM

Great pics!!! Looks beautiful
Posted by: Rickster43

Re: Deer Friend…. - 20/09/05 10:56 AM

Shweeeet...

Re: Deer Friend…. - 20/09/05 11:02 AM

laugh [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: Axle

Re: Deer Friend…. - 20/09/05 11:09 AM

Awesome pic Brian. Makes me miss CA sometimes.

Axle

Re: Deer Friend…. - 20/09/05 11:48 PM

Gotta love the SAS....

laugh

brantley

Re: Deer Friend…. - 21/09/05 04:23 AM

Great pics B, good wheelin' laugh [ThumbsUp]

Re: Deer Friend…. - 21/09/05 08:42 AM

Yep, that's a nice looking trail.

Re: Deer Friend…. - 22/09/05 06:26 PM

im soo jealous of you guys.........nothing even remotely close to that around here........... frown

Robb