New Snowboard Rack!

Posted by: Anonymous

New Snowboard Rack! - 14/01/04 06:05 PM

Just picked up a Yakima Powder Hound, it holds two snowboards. It just barely fit between my high lift and the reverse light, in fact i had to drill one new hole. I drilled a hole so that one of the mighty mounts(MM) could be mounted futher right to clear my reverse light and CB antenna. You can cleary see the relocated MM in the second picture. I also just got done given him a nice wash...shiny...sorta.

Now we just need some more snow!
-Josh

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 14/01/04 06:18 PM

That looks really sharp. Too clean, but sharp!

Btw, good choice putting the white letters on the tire on the inside - that's the same thing I did w/ my BFG's. Makes it look a lot cleaner, imo.
Posted by: Weasel

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 14/01/04 07:38 PM

Yes sir
I like it
what size of tire are you running?

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 14/01/04 07:57 PM

The X looks tight. The snowboard rack sucks. Too small. I got myself a Yakima Big Powerhound. Fits 4 boards.
Posted by: ClaptoVaughn

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 14/01/04 07:59 PM

how much did you guys pay for your respective racks? (no breast implant jokes please smile ).

do they REQUIRE drilling, or was that simply because you guys wanted to mount them differently than the manufacturer intended?

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 14/01/04 08:09 PM

I got the Big Powerhound for $98 on eBay, including shipping. Stores carry it for about $110 or so. you don't have to drill anything. You just get "mighty mounts" for the xterra, which are about 18 bucks, and voilla.

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 14/01/04 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DD:
The X looks tight. The snowboard rack sucks. Too small.
Well, that was pretty harsh... [Finger]

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 14/01/04 08:34 PM

Well I mean look at it...
It just doesn't flow with thew monstrous X.

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 15/01/04 03:16 AM

I Had the Big Powder Hound last year but i put on the High Lift so it didn't fit anymore, sold it and picked up the next best one. The tire are 32x11.5 and i paid 85 for the rack at my local winter outdoors shop.

-Josh

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 16/01/04 06:50 AM

I just bought a Big Powder Hound. Can't wait for it to get here and try it out. Kind of sucks that I had to buy the mighty mounts and the tumblers seperately but i got to do what i got to do.

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 18/01/04 02:45 PM

You will love it, I have had mine for 4 years now and still holding up great. Maybe a little chipped paint but holding up really well.
Posted by: Xterra Kid 2003

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 20/01/04 06:54 PM

Just add snow! laugh

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 21/01/04 05:20 AM

That's a nice Xterra you've got there for your snowboard rack.

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 23/01/04 01:25 PM

Just ordered a Big Powderhound to carry the new K2 skis I bought on Monday. Woo hoo! 15 days til Lake Tahoe...
Posted by: jorge

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 23/01/04 01:41 PM

I'm not sure if any one in the Jersey area really cares, but Campmor off Rt.17 has the Big Powder Hound for $79. The lock cores are $16.

The price on Campmor.com seems different though.

Though I'm doubting the idea of a lock core, since they only delay someone stealing your board/skis by about 3-4 minutes at most.

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 23/01/04 01:52 PM

PowderHounds are just like the Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger at CJ Grill... even better when you go "BIG"...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
...Maybe a little chipped paint but holding up really well.
Hey Alpine, are you having any problems w/the chipping? Do you touch it up or anything? Same thing here... I luv 'em and want them to last... [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: mmUTK

Re: New Snowboard Rack! - 24/01/04 04:01 PM

Please post close-up pictures of the rack