pretty?

Posted by: Anonymous

pretty? - 03/11/03 07:59 PM

I took this at lake Wehapa in B'ham. I was fly-fishing and i looked back and i just thought it was a cool picture. The clouds didnt turn out too well, but the picture is still pretty good.
Posted by: off2cjb

Re: pretty? - 03/11/03 09:00 PM

Yes it is...Boy, do I so need to be fly-fishin' right now.
Posted by: Rickster43

Re: pretty? - 04/11/03 12:04 PM

Thanks for the Digital Camera tidbit, Xorand...being new to the Digital Camera world, I need all the info available....

Re: pretty? - 04/11/03 01:56 PM

thanks xorand, my camera does have that actually, but i never really thought about trying to trick it. Good idea!

off2cjb, go fishing before it gets too cold!
Posted by: wordtothis

Re: pretty? - 04/11/03 02:15 PM

metering with a digital camera can be totally adjustable, you can use center-weighted [getting settings from center of picture] average [taking the best settings for the entire frame, like your's did] and probably spot metering [letting you select the area to meter from, for bracketing or taking similar pictures] i would make sure you know which settings your camera has or is pre-set with before you just go 'aiming' at the dark spot to make sure it comes out, it may still average the entire area before it takes the photo.
nice pic though, the dark look to the background, though it mutes detail, gives a nice moody feel, cool shot.

david :geek
Posted by: koalakilla

Re: pretty? - 04/11/03 05:30 PM

On the subject of sunsets, check out this picture I took yesterday.

Santa Fe sunset

Re: pretty? - 04/11/03 07:00 PM

"She blinded me with science."

Re: pretty? - 04/11/03 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
"She blinded me with science."
random!

Re: pretty? - 04/11/03 07:27 PM

This is another picture i took at the same lake, i think it turned out pretty well. I actually took it through my sunglasses lense. Sunsets always look cooler through some glasses and so i tried it. It looked better than the one i took without it. cool cool Sunset at Wehapa -- 1600x1200