Listen to kids

Posted by: Xorand

Listen to kids - 24/04/05 06:15 PM

Today's lesson: when the kids on the ATVs tell you that the mudholes are chest-deep, take their word for it.

Fortunately, I was able to back out of the hole using the brake and throttle at the same time. A couple of kids in the rear cargo area helped some, too.

Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Listen to kids - 24/04/05 06:17 PM

Nice Work!!!

Re: Listen to kids - 24/04/05 06:49 PM

damn...good thing you got outta that, that coulda gotten ugly fast, were you out alone?

Re: Listen to kids - 24/04/05 06:56 PM

Yea, that could have been bad. The color of your truck looks awesome there though.
Posted by: Xorand

Re: Listen to kids - 24/04/05 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mudx4x4:
damn...good thing you got outta that, that coulda gotten ugly fast, were you out alone?
Not out alone, per se. There were tons of folks riding ATVs, and a couple of trucks nearby, just in case. If I hadn't backed it out myself, we would have had plenty of adult help and a couple of trucks, if needed.

Yeah, a couple of the kids suggested I just drive on through it. Yeah, right. I can see the right side of my truck buried in water.
Posted by: RI Xterra

Re: Listen to kids - 24/04/05 07:31 PM

Nice save.. [ThumbsUp]

Re: Listen to kids - 24/04/05 08:57 PM

now im curious as to, was the whole puddle like that? or was it just a rut? i was out today and i had a foldable shovel with me poking puddles in a local area, and there was a huge "puddle"that was just below the hubs deep that was fine to cross, but there was a rut that woulda sunk my tire
Posted by: Marmatt

Re: Listen to kids - 25/04/05 08:28 PM

Agreed on the color. That is the first time that Just Blue has really stood out for me. Nice shot.

-Matt