show us your stuck pics

Posted by: Anonymous

show us your stuck pics - 06/10/06 12:37 AM

you know you got'em.. Let see some pictures of your rig stuck.. I'll start..

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/10/06 07:30 AM

What you can't see in this pic is that it was pouring rain only minutes before, and there is a huge drop-off just to the right of the truck...

This one shows the trail situation a bit better

We had 6 trucks stuck on that same trail that day... it was EXTREMELY slippery and everyone was sliding off the sides of trail.
Posted by: Powerguy38

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/10/06 08:36 AM

Not mine but I have LOTS of video of the extraction. laugh

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/10/06 08:58 AM

ahahahahahahah

Naturally laugh

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/10/06 09:07 AM

Where is the video post it, you tube something. I am interested to see how the girl (ooops) I mean the extraction was done. :rolleyes: [LOL]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/10/06 09:16 AM

Well I can't top THAT one, that's for sure.... [Too much XOC]

MGJ

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/10/06 09:27 AM

MMMMMMMMMMMM............... Mud Girl!!! [drink]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/10/06 11:54 AM

my worst stuck to date.

my reaction to being stuck.

[Crybaby]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/10/06 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Powerguy38:
[Spit] I hate the fact I missed that shit......the 2 chicks I had in my group would have never have done that (mainly cause of their boyfriends)......next time I'm following ya'll...screw group 4!

Re: show us your stuck pics - 07/10/06 04:26 PM

Still waiting on that video.... laugh
Posted by: Xorand

Re: show us your stuck pics - 07/10/06 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jpsmith76:
Still waiting on that video.... laugh
x2 cool

Edited to add: Here's my latest stuck. Oh, the agony of getting pulled out by a *eep, but they were nice folks and we're all out there together.

Sad part was that I easily made the same crossing earlier in the day. It's all in the line you take.
Posted by: FinallyAnXer

Re: show us your stuck pics - 09/10/06 05:40 PM

Here's one:

I am not saying that's the only time I've been stuck or anything... but I wasn't moving from that!

-Jeremy

Re: show us your stuck pics - 09/10/06 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Powerguy38:
I don't see an Xterra in this pic............as a matter of fact I only see one thing.........

Re: show us your stuck pics - 11/10/06 12:40 AM

Here is a pic of my trying to go up a wall. My hitch stopped me from backing down a little to get some momentum going so had to be pulled up.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 14/10/06 11:19 PM

This is in Moab on the trail that leads down to the bottom of Gemini Bridges. Alpine Spirit had to winch me out. Sand was falling out of the truck for a while.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 15/10/06 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric P.:

This is in Moab on the trail that leads down to the bottom of Gemini Bridges. Alpine Spirit had to winch me out. Sand was falling out of the truck for a while.
"A while" You were sanding I-70 All the way back home.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 15/10/06 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wanderinwoods:
Here is a pic of my trying to go up a wall. My hitch stopped me from backing down a little to get some momentum going so had to be pulled up.
I remember that. Funny thing was, the hitch got really bent on this obstacle, but was bent back to shape on another obstacle later on in the day!

Re: show us your stuck pics - 15/10/06 09:29 AM

is that the rock wall at the badlands?

Re: show us your stuck pics - 15/10/06 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gprsh924:
is that the rock wall at the badlands?
yup. this one

>>>>>rock wall<<<<<

Re: show us your stuck pics - 15/10/06 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric P.:
[b]

"A while" You were sanding I-70 All the way back home.[/b]
I found some earlier this year when I removed the radiator to drill out the alternator mounts. Maybe there is still some in the gas tank skid?

Do you still have the video of it?

Re: show us your stuck pics - 15/10/06 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by steelX:
Quote:
Originally posted by gprsh924:
[b]is that the rock wall at the badlands?
yup. this one

>>>>>rock wall<<<<< [/b]
That was a nice obstacle, though.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 22/10/06 10:50 AM

here are my stuck pics...and waiting to get out

wink

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/02/07 05:15 PM

:: bump ::

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/02/07 07:28 PM

Ill bite

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/02/07 08:26 PM

Re: show us your stuck pics - 03/02/07 08:09 AM

i cant seem to find any stuck pics of the xterra, but have one of my buddies ranger, and one of my jeep TJ

stuck on my transfer skid, had to be pulled out by a f250

stuff on rear diff

Re: show us your stuck pics - 03/02/07 10:09 AM

Re: show us your stuck pics - 03/02/07 11:49 AM

famous last words: "HEY!, WATCH THIS!!!"
Nicely executed though! Does it still run?

Re: show us your stuck pics - 03/02/07 01:03 PM

[img]http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/0NMKUKgFu1TT/__sr_/8a89.jpg?tkn=phklQxFBIMQQWUvD&saveas=DSC01394[/img]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 03/02/07 07:38 PM

that was actually the second time he drown it.

The first time it just got a little wet. This time it was drowned good.

After the tow home...

Bought a bunch of cheap oil and literally filled the engine with it. Let it sit a few days. Water went to the bottom. Drained the water out then out came all the oil. let it sit a few days with the plug out. put in a little less than a quart shy of the recommended amount of oil. put in a quart of transmission fluid with the oil. It was a fantastic pillar of white smoke for a while when it finally started.

Picture is shaky, but gives you an idea. Transmission was never the same on it though. Not that it was working all that well before the puddle.

Then recently it was having over heating issues, and someone poured cold water into the nearly dry radiator while the engine was overheating. It threw a rod...My guess is it was weakened by the hydro-lock.
Posted by: Silver Raider

Re: show us your stuck pics - 05/02/07 03:11 AM

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic but it was all I had at the time. After I dropped the front end in a rut, the spotter behind me calls out "Stay to the ....left" [Huh?]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 05/02/07 11:23 PM

I think he meant his left.. [Too much XOC]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/02/07 01:52 AM

From the side

What the back look liked.

umm.. Yea.. we're going to need to find a bigger tree.

Posted by: TJ

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/02/07 05:39 AM

Here's how we do it in Russia...we use a powerful Wench for extractions.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/02/07 05:41 AM

And here's how we do it in the Pine Barrens...

Re: show us your stuck pics - 08/02/07 06:33 PM

Re: show us your stuck pics - 08/02/07 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:

Here's how we do it in Russia...we use a powerful Wench for extractions.
I remember riding in one of those trucks as a kid back there... It was cool as hell at the time.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 08/02/07 10:15 PM

Wow, the highways are pretty rough in Russia... wink
Posted by: xterraintx

Re: show us your stuck pics - 09/02/07 04:41 AM

You get the chance than try and watch "Long Way Round" It's a video documentary of two Brits crossing Russia other parts of Europe along with Alaska, Canada and the USA. They do it on BMW motorcycles and little to no support. Russia is damed tough and the roads were like this. Trucks like the one pictured really saved their trip. The one guy Ewan McGregor (SP) is a pretty famous actor. I thought it would be a "publicity" thing but these guys had a real hard time and did real well!
Posted by: chupasierras

Re: show us your stuck pics - 09/02/07 10:55 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yk_Qkz_5ti8

[Wave]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 09/02/07 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mnemonic:
Wow, the highways are pretty rough in Russia... wink
Here's a fav of an actual russian highway...in action:

[img] [URL=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/d_a_n_n_y/Stuff/Roads/dorogi_20.jpg[/img]

laugh

A Rusky buddy takes amazing shots of russian offroading btw...I should post some.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 09/02/07 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mnemonic:
[b]Wow, the highways are pretty rough in Russia... wink
Here's a fav of an actual russian highway...in action:

laugh

A Rusky buddy takes amazing shots of russian offroading btw...I should post some.[/b]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 09/02/07 05:28 PM

WORLDS MOST DANGEROUS ROADS
Black Bear? Ha!
[Smoking]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 09/02/07 06:30 PM

My friend frank (fpmdl3) at the Badlands. Just went gung-ho into it, rather than checking depth or anything.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 24/02/07 07:24 PM

today's main event..doing a u-turn and wanting to grab a bit of the edge of the roadway...well kaboum..

I had no idea this was a ditch...the snow level can be quite deceiving...daaaaame.
I riee to get out..but to no avail..the edge of the dotch was almost 90 degrees//and the road side was full of ice... good luck.

Then when I thought I was almost out... bam.. I sink all 4 wheels in the ditch..

tow truck service was a big help wink ..

Re: show us your stuck pics - 24/02/07 09:44 PM

haaha damnn that sucks

Re: show us your stuck pics - 25/02/07 12:13 PM

high centered in snow...

and my buddies hardbody also stuck..
Posted by: BradLee

Re: show us your stuck pics - 25/02/07 07:39 PM

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 12:05 AM

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 12:35 AM

Dude, Theo, is this what I missed last weekend when I left camp early!?!?!?

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 08:06 AM

no problem. you still got another two feet to go! -seriously though, that makes for a bad day. frown
Posted by: xterraintx

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 08:16 AM

We need the story on this... and the aftermath!

That really sucks!!!

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 09:26 AM

looks like the snorkel didnt help much.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 09:29 AM

HOLY CRAP Theo!! Testing out the snorkel??

What happened?

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 10:18 AM

OMG thats gonna be $$$

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 11:38 AM

K.. Well was out with and got seperated from the group. I knew if I followed the river I would find my way out. Was driving along and the embankment I was on gave way and walla. Front end into the water. I was able to keep it on but when I realized I was stuck I killed it. starting throwing whatever I had up front into the back and climbed out the window. Ended up everyone thought that I had gotten out already and when I got cell phone reception I called them and the few that were in the valley still came up to me and they called for a winch. Got winched out and was dragged for the next 3 hours through the jungle. Got to the main road and called for a tow truck. Got home drained my oil and pulled my interior apart, pulled my ECU and went to sleep. Next day drained front diff, Tranny fluid, pulled spark plugs, checked distributor, and hand cranked engine, drained oil again, put back in my ECU, and cranked over the engine. Drained oil again, replaced spark plugs and cranked her over and she started up after a few tried. Flushed all my fluids again and she works. Just need to figure out a few small things, flush all the fluids again and she will be good to go. Todd if you want to come over this weekend we are going to be having a wire-harness cleaning and bearing packing party at my place. laugh

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 11:46 AM

wow thats nutts... glad to hear she works

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 12:04 PM

Watch out the first time you use the A/C blower fan.

*foosh!*

[LOL]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 12:08 PM

Awesome Theo... Hope you have it back up and running with all the little quirks worked out soon.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 04:47 PM

Damn, Theo! Hope she's feelin weel.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 05:05 PM

Man, that's not good. A lot worse than I had it. eek

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 05:11 PM

Is yours a manual or auto. If it is auto, the transmission is probably shot as water in there, even if you drain and replace the fluids, will more than likely kill the transmission.

Sorry, but how did you get in there?
Posted by: Stonecoldchavez

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by far west X:
K.. Well was out with and got seperated from the group. I knew if I followed the river I would find my way out. Was driving along and the embankment I was on gave way and walla. Front end into the water. I was able to keep it on but when I realized I was stuck I killed it. starting throwing whatever I had up front into the back and climbed out the window. Ended up everyone thought that I had gotten out already and when I got cell phone reception I called them and the few that were in the valley still came up to me and they called for a winch. Got winched out and was dragged for the next 3 hours through the jungle. Got to the main road and called for a tow truck. Got home drained my oil and pulled my interior apart, pulled my ECU and went to sleep. Next day drained front diff, Tranny fluid, pulled spark plugs, checked distributor, and hand cranked engine, drained oil again, put back in my ECU, and cranked over the engine. Drained oil again, replaced spark plugs and cranked her over and she started up after a few tried. Flushed all my fluids again and she works. Just need to figure out a few small things, flush all the fluids again and she will be good to go. Todd if you want to come over this weekend we are going to be having a wire-harness cleaning and bearing packing party at my place. laugh
Good God man it is a truck, not a submarine! smile

That is by far the worst stuck I have ever seen for an Xterra.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. TJ went through a lot less water and hydrolocked his motor.

If I were you I would get a new/used ECM now. You will need it. I would also dry out (somehow) the ECM wiring harness connector with silicon spray. The pins are definitely going to corrode if you hook the ECM back up. Check the O2 sensors also. TJ had water stuck in the cats. Repack wheel bearings. How is the electronics, the radio, power door locks and windows? W-O-W......

Stone
Posted by: Axle

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 06:23 PM

This one sucked. laugh

Axle

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 07:35 PM

Whoa. That didnt suck, it aint stuck either, f*cked is more like it... What did u do to rescue?

M

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 07:43 PM

You can read all about that in the ALR...

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/02/07 07:45 PM

Uhoh, that cant be good.

EDIT- Where? I dont see it....

M

Re: show us your stuck pics - 28/02/07 01:37 AM

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=27;t=001010#000000

Re: show us your stuck pics - 28/02/07 11:47 PM

Quote:
Todd if you want to come over this weekend we are going to be having a wire-harness cleaning and bearing packing party at my place. laugh
Uhhhh, gonna be over on Maui for the rest of the week, sorry I'm gonna have to miss that one... :rolleyes:

Re: show us your stuck pics - 28/02/07 11:50 PM

Look at you two.. talking about island hopping you lucky bastards [Finger]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 03/03/07 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Oleksak:
Look at you two.. talking about island hopping you lucky bastards [Finger]
Mark, you could always transfer to Hickam, then you, like me right now, could be checking your email from a laptop while sitting in boardshorts on your patio at the beach watching the whales go by in the Maui channel... laugh

Re: show us your stuck pics - 03/03/07 11:53 AM

Nope, as much as I'd love to be there. I'm goin to Malmstrom next with my winter jacket frown If I ever got moved to Hickam and they told me to leave Id suddenly be AWOL... [LOL]
Posted by: krisjon

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/03/07 08:29 AM

Quote:

Holy shit, Theo. I just saw this. Were you out with Damn Kids near Kualoa Ranch? Let me know if you need some help.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/03/07 09:53 AM

yeah, no kidding dude, that's a snorkle, not a periscope! That sucks. [Freak]
Posted by: Rickster43

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/03/07 11:03 AM

Man...The X is just a Vehicle...It is not a Vehicle/Submarine like one of those James Bond Movies....

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/03/07 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rickster43:
Man...The X is just a Vehicle...It is not a Vehicle/Submarine like one of those James Bond Movies....
now he tells me.. [Finger]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/03/07 02:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Rickster43:
[b]Man...The X is just a Vehicle...It is not a Vehicle/Submarine like one of those James Bond Movies....
now he tells me.. [Finger] [/b]
Learn and Live...
Posted by: krisjon

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/03/07 05:22 PM

Theo -

Give me a shout if you need help this weekend working on stuff. I'll be around and need to do some routine maintenance on my truck anyway. I'm really sorry this happened to your rig, but when you go venturing into some of the wet terrain around here, it's always a risk. Add trying to follow the Damn Kids offroad guys and that risk is ten-fold! [Too much XOC]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 13/03/07 12:57 AM

dang i wish i could resize pix from my camera phone... i got stuck pretty good today when i took a line too close to a small water filled ditch lol luckily no water got into the x and i got pulled out just fine, then proceeded to play around in some fresh mud smile

Re: show us your stuck pics - 25/03/07 09:46 PM

what you can't see is the silverado and the cherokee both trying to pull me out after this. I made it through the first few times then decided to switch directions BIG MISTAKE! then we had a ranger with a sick suspension and 35" BFG MT's get stuck, then i thought i would show him up by doing the puddle and getting through from the first direction I went through, and then fell into some ruts WAY bigger than my tires but that time it only took a tacoma to pull me out.
yet everyone was impressed with the fact that i out performed all the other trucs with my 'mostly' stock X

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/03/07 06:29 PM

I can't find the really good ones... but here are some.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/03/07 06:48 PM

i like the balloon [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/03/07 08:32 PM

Yeah... It was a fun day, that little water seemed the have quick sand as bottom.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/03/07 09:00 PM

where you at in houston man? i thought i was like the only one... those are pretty crazy stuck pics too by the way.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/03/07 09:16 PM

I live around I-10/hwy6, you?

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/03/07 10:06 PM

A houstonian, getting stuck?? Houston is all concrete and metal.... where the heck did you find that mudddd??

LOL, just messing.... H-town in the house!!

Re: show us your stuck pics - 28/03/07 10:04 AM

im on barker cypress and clay. h town YAY YAY!! lol smile

Re: show us your stuck pics - 28/03/07 10:42 AM

This is my worst Houston stuck pic.

Just off Clay and Fry road, tried to cross a bayou... obviously didn't work out.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 28/03/07 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cloudy01:
im on barker cypress and clay. h town YAY YAY!! lol smile
There is a place in barker cypress and clay, where I have gone wheeling... it's nice. I didn't know there were so many people In H-town, we should get together sometime...

Re: show us your stuck pics - 28/03/07 09:31 PM

theres a place out by my school kinda (cy springs) where ive been a couple times. you guys gotta show me some spots my 4x2 might can play and we can get together and chill or somethin. hooray for h town x's! i cant believe ive never seen yall around..especially so close to me lol

Re: show us your stuck pics - 30/03/07 07:16 AM

Here are my stuck Pics:

Re: show us your stuck pics - 30/03/07 07:43 AM

I can't see if you are hooked up to someone or not..did you get out by yourself? Nice bump stop at the bottom of the tree. Nice TJM! [ThumbsUp]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 30/03/07 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:
I can't see if you are hooked up to someone or not..did you get out by yourself? Nice bump stop at the bottom of the tree. Nice TJM! [ThumbsUp]
I think I see a strap there on the ground hooked up to the truck.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/04/07 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AHTOXA:
Quote:
[b]I can't see if you are hooked up to someone or not..did you get out by yourself? Nice bump stop at the bottom of the tree. Nice TJM! [ThumbsUp]
I think I see a strap there on the ground hooked up to the truck.[/b]
On the second pic I had a quick little tug, and that was it.

Thanks for the Compliment
[ThumbsUp]
Posted by: gmaxis

Re: show us your stuck pics - 26/04/07 10:19 AM

Muddy portion of dry lake during WestX 2001.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 26/04/07 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:
Muddy portion of dry lake during WestX 2001.
Can't see it for some reason.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/05/07 07:15 PM

Posted by: koalakilla

Re: show us your stuck pics - 13/05/07 08:48 AM

What happened to Theo's crazy stuck pics? I never got to see them.

There are a lot of us from Houston on here, we just never get together these days. We should all meet up with the trucks sometime this summer?

Re: show us your stuck pics - 01/07/07 09:59 PM

Here's my stuck pics from today at Badlands. Me and another meber of MXO went down there for some camping and wheeling.

Slipped out of a rut and went sideways into a big mud pit. Very slippery day indeed. Took two Jeeps (yeah, yeah laugh ) and two of their winches to get me out.

laugh

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/07/07 08:05 AM

LOL. I do some wheelin here and there but not a lot like those pictures. It's funny to see how you all end up! Big balls!! [LOL]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/07/07 08:26 AM

I hate it when the mud decides it wants to pull you in... any damamge off that tree? Or did it just pin you in?

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/07/07 08:31 AM

(What a bud of mine calls me about, from the scene)

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/07/07 09:56 AM

whoa what was the story on the one with a cannoe?

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/07/07 09:57 AM

Theres got ot be a great story to go along with those TJ. Let's hear it!

How the fuck did he get there? What the fuck was he thinking? confused

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/07/07 10:49 AM

Quote:
I hate it when the mud decides it wants to pull you in... any damamge off that tree? Or did it just pin you in?
I haven't looked for damage yet! [LOL]

I think it just pinned me in, that's all. Badlands was mainly dry yesterday, except that one spot where I got stuck.

I did take some other rock damage there yesterday, though (rear bumper, bumper corners, etc...)

Still wanna wheel there? [LOL] I'm kidin', a lot of obstacles are optional there if you don't want to take a chance on 'em.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/07/07 10:55 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I hate it when the mud decides it wants to pull you in... any damamge off that tree? Or did it just pin you in?

Still wanna wheel there? [LOL] I'm kidin', a lot of obstacles are optional there if you don't want to take a chance on 'em.[/b]
Hell yeah... you think i'm worried about damage?? My back window is still duct tape....hahaha eek

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/07/07 12:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]I hate it when the mud decides it wants to pull you in... any damamge off that tree? Or did it just pin you in?

Still wanna wheel there? [LOL] I'm kidin', a lot of obstacles are optional there if you don't want to take a chance on 'em.[/b]
Hell yeah... you think i'm worried about damage?? My back window is still duct tape....hahaha eek [/b]
[ThumbsUp] Nice. lol

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/07/07 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GingerKidzFTW:
Theres got ot be a great story to go along with those TJ. Let's hear it!

How the fuck did he get there? What the fuck was he thinking? confused
Well, he was doing an experimental lift install on his offroad truck, for a new lift manufacturer who needed a test mule...and really wanted to hit some of the cool flooding action going on....so he borrowed his Dad's Pathy.

eek

"It seemed like a good idea at the time..."

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/07/07 05:52 PM

ouch. But I bet I could get it back up and running.. laugh
Posted by: defibvt

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/07/07 06:58 PM

The stick

The extraction

Re: show us your stuck pics - 03/07/07 10:55 AM

defibvt that is stuck alright where were you at? or this on old picture as hot as PHX is right now where did you find mud? it looks like you almost made it. oh yeah by the way nice sliders.hahahaha [LOL] just playing with ya.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 03/07/07 11:17 AM

That's out back off of Table Mesa Rd, IIRC. It's a seasonal wash leading into Lake Pleasant.
Me (Hassayampa River Preserve)-

Re: show us your stuck pics - 03/07/07 11:43 PM

Dan, there's no way you can beat the mud we have out here. laugh It sucks everything in like a toothless crack whore.

Sometimes it's not such a good thing. I might be living out west in Colorado in two years. I've got big plans. wink

ETA: Good to see the old truck, though.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 04/07/07 09:07 AM

That's not mud, it's quicksand laugh . The truck had sunk above the hubs (to the top of the sliders), by the time we started to recover less than a minute later.
Hey, good for you and good luck with your plans. Winters in CO may remind you of home, but everything else is worth the move. [ThumbsUp]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 04/07/07 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
That's not mud, it's quicksand laugh . The truck had sunk above the hubs (to the top of the sliders), by the time we started to recover less than a minute later.
Hey, good for you and good luck with your plans. Winters in CO may remind you of home, but everything else is worth the move. [ThumbsUp]
Yeah, winters in CO are gonnna be closer to winters I was used to in the motherland, but I like it that way anyway.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 04/07/07 12:57 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AHTOXA:

I might be living out west in Colorado in two years. I've got big plans. wink

Race ya smile

We are on the two year plan also [ThumbsUp]

Re: show us your stuck pics - 04/07/07 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HayKodiak:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AHTOXA:

I might be living out west in Colorado in two years. I've got big plans. wink

Race ya smile

We are on the two year plan also [ThumbsUp]
You're on!

Re: show us your stuck pics - 07/08/07 02:54 AM

This thread should not be back this far. I know peeps are getting stuck. So back by popular demand.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 07/08/07 08:23 AM

Theo, you take the cake on this one. I'm not sure I'd personally want to have that cake, though. laugh

Are you still having any issues with her?

Re: show us your stuck pics - 07/08/07 11:48 AM

Only a few easily fixable things. Picking up my windshield washer pumps today to replace them, a few other switches need to be replaced but besides that she is fully drive able and wheel able. laugh

Re: show us your stuck pics - 07/08/07 01:05 PM

Quote:
This thread should not be back this far. I know peeps are getting stuck. So back by popular demand.

I guess you thought The Xterra was a 007 James Bond Vehicle/Boat Thingy !!!!

Re: show us your stuck pics - 07/08/07 01:09 PM

So thats what the point of a snorkel is...huh, and after all this time I just thought it was to look cool! laugh

Just kidding, but thats good its still drivable. I'm sure while it was happening you were just kicking yourself over and over in your head.

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/11/07 01:28 PM

I got my X stuck at Winchester Bay on the Oregon Coast over Turkey Day Weekend. A few pushes and it was free to ravage the dunes.

Also have a video on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH7yoJlp3TI

Re: show us your stuck pics - 27/11/07 02:14 PM

Been there.. smile

Posted by: farwest

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/07/09 06:44 AM

bump..
Posted by: onewaysolider

Re: show us your stuck pics - 05/07/09 10:27 PM

So, for the 2nd time in my life I took the X out onto the dunes and in no less than 5 minutes I was stuck in the black sand.

Yeah, oops. Now if I can only figure out how to delete my other post to bury my stupidity.
Posted by: RReuscher

Re: show us your stuck pics - 05/07/09 10:49 PM

Done. It probably passed the time limit users have to delete posts/topics. Since you asked.......

Re: show us your stuck pics - 07/07/09 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: RReuscher
Done. It probably passed the time limit users have to delete posts/topics. Since you asked.......

thanks
Posted by: Jasonx4

Re: show us your stuck pics - 06/09/09 11:15 AM

slid down into a creek while trying to turn around to get out .taken with cell phone. happened long time ago. most ive ever been stuck tho

Re: show us your stuck pics - 02/10/09 07:02 PM

That's a nice one.