GDCXC Outing

Posted by: Anonymous

GDCXC Outing - 21/12/03 06:49 AM

All in all it was a fun day. None of us were expecting as much snow as we got. It made for some interesting times as a few of us almost slid into trees or down the sides of the mountain. This was my first "real" offroading experience and I rather enjoyed myself. I was the Granite '03 seen in the 1 picture.

Posted by: spalind

Re: GDCXC Outing - 21/12/03 08:33 AM

Looks like 3 X's, one Fronty, and one Discovery? Is that right?? always wonder how the X compares to something much more expensive and with a much longer heritage like a Land Rover....how did it handle the snow and such compared to the Nissans??

Re: GDCXC Outing - 21/12/03 08:42 AM

Correct. Well, the X's all had some mods done. Mine was by far the least modded as the only thing I really had were BFG AT/KO's. I seemed to be one of the best movers in the snow. The Rover did well but it was still stock and running with original tires.
Posted by: RI Xterra

Re: GDCXC Outing - 21/12/03 03:55 PM

Looked like a fun little outing.. wink

Re: GDCXC Outing - 21/12/03 04:27 PM

Nice pics. What's GDCXC represent? Only G's in the index are Gulf Coast, and Great Plains. I see you're in Maryland and I couldn't figure the acronym out.
Posted by: Powerguy38

Re: GDCXC Outing - 21/12/03 04:56 PM

Quote:
What's GDCXC represent?
Greater DC Xterra Club laugh
Posted by: BluRdgX

Re: GDCXC Outing - 21/12/03 06:04 PM

Looks like fun....Looks like those BFG AT/KO's treated ya right Suspect [Wave] ....was the trip to GWNF?

BRX

Re: GDCXC Outing - 21/12/03 06:13 PM

Yes it was GWNF. I was lucky to have the AT/KO's... otherwise I would have been in suckville. My Shrockworks sliders will be here in a week or two. After wheeling I now want a 3" suspension lift with a steering upgrade, then armor, then bumper. Man, I'm addicted.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: GDCXC Outing - 21/12/03 06:32 PM

Mike, where'd y'all end up going exactly? You, Brad, TJ, and who was in the Frontier? Who was the Rover tagging along with?

Sorry I couldn't make it, too close to the holidays.

Brent

Re: GDCXC Outing - 21/12/03 06:41 PM

Range Rover was TJ's friend who had just gotten rid of his 140k mi Fronty. The other Fronty was also a buddy of TJ's and I believe the brother of the RR.