XOC seen on the historic…

Posted by: Xtoolbox

XOC seen on the historic… - 23/04/02 10:02 AM

Mojave Road trail a epic ~ 140 mile Xcursion through time & terrain.

Photos from day 3 from the Mail Box to Afton canyon campground as the elevation changed from 4,500' to below sea level.

Enjoy these for now :-) more to follow of the ~14 trucks that participated in this 3 day Xcursion and all the interesting sites that were enjoyed such as the Piute fort, prehistoric Indian art , Mitchell Caverns, Kelso Depot & San dunes , Hole-in-the-wall, mines, etc.

BTW X_tempore came up with the XOC placement & Geocache, in case you missed it click here for a closer up view.

The Toolbox at the Mailbox

Toolbox leaning to get a better look at the Cinder Cones:

Travelers Monument on Soda Lake (Tradition calls for placing a rock and reading the plaque nested in the growing pile)

Xterrain & Logan on Shaw Pass

Union Pacific R.R bridge just before Afton Canyon

Xterrain & Y2k in Afton Canyon

LAX crossing the Mojave River at the middle bridge in Afton Canyon

Blue Jay at the last water crossing just before Afton Campground

Posted by: Viper X

Re: XOC seen on the historic… - 23/04/02 10:07 AM

eek Nice Pics
Posted by: BoarderPhreak

Re: XOC seen on the historic… - 23/04/02 10:12 AM

No fair! You guys have such wonderful environs to wander around in! Damnit, why am I in NY! Argh. mad

Awesome pix!

signed, "wish I was there."
Posted by: Xterrian

Re: XOC seen on the historic… - 23/04/02 09:50 PM

Xcellent pics dude! Did you see my crappy attempts under the SCCX X-28 thread?
Posted by: hattrik21

Re: XOC seen on the historic… - 23/04/02 10:35 PM

Very nice pics. I need to get a digital camera and a new host so I have more than 10 megs of web space.
Posted by: Krieves

Re: XOC seen on the historic… - 24/04/02 05:04 AM

Wow, looks like a fun trip. I'm jealous.
Posted by: Xtoolbox

Re: XOC seen on the historic… - 24/04/02 05:22 PM

Et all,

We’re fortunate to have all those great National Parks, Monuments, trails, areas, etc..to Xplore in our great country smile It’s my pleasure to share the Xperiences and I hope y’all can take the opportunities to visit them sometime. We always welcome guests any time you’re in the vicinity, Blue Jay from NCCX joined us again for this one as did a number of member friends.

Xterrian,

Hey it’s the “thought” that counts and you made the best of what you have, so that’s cool by me. What’s did you use anyway, looks kind of like a capture from a video camera or something?

Re: XOC seen on the historic… - 24/04/02 10:10 PM

My digital video captures look a lot better than that. I left the video camera at home and took the old Olympus Dimage V. I took them all in 640 X 480 to save card space. I never thought about the fact that I was carrying a 30 GB hard drive that I could use to download the camera's card each night. I was so busy checking out the cool moving cursor on my LCD that it never occured to me that the computer could be used for other purposes.
Posted by: zio.es

Re: XOC seen on the historic… - 25/04/02 05:16 PM

Great pictures, and look like tons of fun, wish we had that in Jersey. laugh
Posted by: ILUVMYX

Re: XOC seen on the historic… - 25/04/02 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterrian:
I left the video camera at home and took the old Olympus Dimage V.
You mean Minolta?

Re: XOC seen on the historic… - 25/04/02 05:59 PM

You're right. I do have an Olympus, but it's an old 35mm OM-10. I got confused a bit 'cause I now think of both of them as, "the old camera".