Got light?

Posted by: Anonymous

Got light? - 24/10/05 08:26 PM

I think Troy at RMXC is afraid of the dark.

Re: Got light? - 24/10/05 08:29 PM

Wow that is MEGA illumination. cool

Re: Got light? - 24/10/05 08:47 PM

eek that truck just never stops to amaze me for some reason, that thing is seriously awesome, now go out and lets see what those lights can do laugh

Re: Got light? - 24/10/05 09:05 PM

Jesus!
Posted by: dezurtrat

Re: Got light? - 24/10/05 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by airbornenurse:
Jesus!
Talk about seeing the light!!!
laugh
Posted by: BigE515

Re: Got light? - 24/10/05 10:17 PM

frown frown

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 09:32 AM

I see no need for that many lights.

And nothing personal but I hate your front bumper...

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 10:42 AM

Eh.... If he cared what people thought about his X he would have done something different. But he doesnt, it is what he wants which I encourage everyone to do. I dont give a damn if anyone likes my X either it is what I want.
Posted by: bikesdestroy

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 11:06 AM

Quote:

The good news is that what you think doesn't matter. [Finger]

But you should come on out and wheel with us, we usually get out once a week here, and then you can feel free to make an educated remark on my choice of equipment. 'Till then, [Save the fine unicorns] !!

Troy
Posted by: xterraintx

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 11:41 AM

Troy, are they switched independently, paired or all on and off at the same time?

If you have multiple switches I would like to see how and where you mounted the switches.

I would like to relocate all my switches into one location smile Pics would help wink
Posted by: dezurtrat

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 12:01 PM

I'm sure no one cares what I think, but Troy has a nice truck! Who cares if you NEED that many lights and his bumper is one of the most unique I have seen!!! Two thumbs up! [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 12:06 PM

How badly does that whistle in the wind?
I took the wind faring off my loadwarrior, and it about drove me crazy. I cannot imagine the noise from that contraption. Looks cool tho.

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 12:42 PM

Why did you decide to box them in?

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Xplore:
I took the wind faring off my loadwarrior, and it about drove me crazy. I cannot imagine the noise from that contraption. Looks cool tho.
His truck already sounds like a B-52 bomber when he is coming down the road, dont think a little wind noise is gunna make a difference
laugh

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 01:12 PM

[LOL]
so true!

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bikesdestroy:
Quote:

But you should come on out and wheel with us, we usually get out once a week here, and then you can feel free to make an educated remark on my choice of equipment. 'Till then, [Save the fine unicorns] !!Troy
Oh ok. I will leave now for your run some time in the next week or so since I am on the other side of the country. I don't recall saying my OPINION was educated. it is just my opinion. I guess you guys do alot of night runs and you lead, there for you need the lights.Since if you were not the first person you would most likly not even have them on.
Your truck is yours, mine is mine. However if you post a pic you should have thick enough skin to have someone not like it. 90% of the people here say the same thing to everyone picture anyway. Sorry if my lack of appreciation for your 6 lights and bars instead of a bumper ruined your day.

[Save the fine unicorns] [Argue]

just wanted to use the little smileys too.

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 02:17 PM

I like the light box. Lots of low branches and other things that could harm the light pack are now avioded.

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 02:31 PM

Quote:
However if you post a pic you should have thick enough skin to have someone not like it.
I didn't post the pics, re-read the thread. Sorry to lash out, that's the first negative responce I've ever written on this board. But come on Bro... hated it.... such strong language. I just figured you were a internet tough guy.

Quote:
I don't think it makes any noise at all, then again, I have to turn my radio up to 11 just to overcome the wheel noise. laugh

Quote:
Troy, are they switched independently, paired or all on and off at the same time?
They are not even wired yet, just roughed in. The answer will most likely be three switches with a load capacity of 20 amps each as to eliminate the need for relays. I was thinking of mounting the switches on plexiglass and mounting that... somewhere? We're doing it on Saturday before the night run, so I'll post some pics after the install.

Quote:
Why did you decide to box them in?
Kevin and I have gotten into too many trails where the trail starts to get 5 inches narrower than the X. At that point, trees start beating the hell out of the truck. With the boxing, they should be able to take a beating.

Troy

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 02:41 PM

Troy are those the Scepter jerry cans on your rear bumper? Also is that a Skid Row rear bumper? Rig looks good, seems to be very practical. [ThumbsUp]

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 02:52 PM

Personally I think wheeling is 100% about function. And what works in your area and what terrain you wheel on. Personally his bumper would be a great Idea if you were trying to save on weight/money. I would do the same thing if we didn't have zillion grouse up here that have a roadmap for an open radiator.

The box around the lights is a great idea.

And the black patch on the hood probably keeps glare to a minimum.

That's just my two cents... for what it's worth

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 02:56 PM

What the Fuck is a Grouse?, A big moth laugh

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 03:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:

But you should come on out and wheel with us, we usually get out once a week here, and then you can feel free to make an educated remark on my choice of equipment. 'Till then, [Save the fine unicorns] !!

Troy
Right on Troy! Your truck kicks ass. Do what you want [ThumbsUp]

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 03:56 PM

Quote:
Troy are those the Scepter jerry cans on your rear bumper? Also is that a Skid Row rear bumper?
They are indeed Scepter cans. I like them alot! The bumper is a Skid Row, but it has been modified. The metal can tabs were cut off and the "basket" was welded on. It has drain holes and fits the Scepter cans very well. It also holds a case of Guinness per side with ice perfectly.

A few pics:

Troy

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 03:58 PM

Dig the new ideas in fabrication you have going. The light bar definitely has the "why didn't I think of that" appeal to it. Did you fab the whole thing from scratch?

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 04:03 PM

Quote:
Did you fab the whole thing from scratch?
Yes, I designed every thing and the guys at All Phase Off Road did all the welding.

Troy

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 04:23 PM

So is the "tub" for the Scepter cans somthing you fabed or is that how Skid Row designed it?

Guiness MMMMMMMM! [Smoking] [Too much XOC]

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by airbornenurse:
So is the "tub" for the Scepter cans somthing you fabed or is that how Skid Row designed it?

Guiness MMMMMMMM! [Smoking] [Too much XOC]
That is troys Sick ass design [ThumbsUp] The Skid Row will NOT hold Scepter Cans.

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 04:44 PM

That bumper rocks.
Posted by: BigE515

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 07:15 PM

Nice jugs! :p Sweet X, looks mean! [ThumbsUp]

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 08:23 PM

are you serious with that thing? that is dare i say it....Redunculous!
Posted by: RedX

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 09:12 PM

Cool.....Boxes make it look, visually, a little top-heavy to me....but if the boxing protects the lights in tight trails.....cool then.

Enjoy your truck....It's the only way to go.

I painted my center section on my hood black as well earlier this year.....and surprisingly, it has really helped with bounceback glare from the hood....even on my red truck.....on bright days or at night with the rooftop lights. I used an automotive primer and several coats of a rolled on barbecue grill enamel......Somewhat textured but non-reflective. Works well for me. Saw how much it worked on a Jeep buddy's rig when he was repainting it, and decided it would work on mine as well.

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 09:18 PM

Quote:
Kevin and I have gotten into too many trails where the trail starts to get 5 inches narrower than the X. At that point, trees start beating the hell out of the truck. With the boxing, they should be able to take a beating.

Troy
[Freak] What you mean those stripes were not on the side before laugh Oh well good times [Smoking]

Re: Got light? - 25/10/05 10:11 PM

Hey Troy, what do those Specter cans cost, and how much did All Phase charge you for the can holder?

I am gunna be getting the tire carrier soon, and I wanna do something like that...

diggin' it!

Re: Got light? - 26/10/05 09:24 PM

Tyler

Talk to All Phase for a quote, just tell them what you want , they can fab anything. Ask for Vaughn. The cans I got from Nathan at Pangaea-Expeditions . He is based here in the BC. He usually hooks me up pretty good. The prices are on the web site.

Troy
Posted by: TJ

Re: Got light? - 27/10/05 05:57 AM

I see no problem in having 6 lights.

I've had that many before...I love the light.

In NJ now, we are only allowed two sets of lights, say, a fog light set, and a driving light set, etc....even if they are covered, etc.

When I had many lights, I used to aim them at different points, close/fog/flood, mid, and long range points, so I'd have side lighting for suicidal venison warning, fogs to undercut glare, and longer range points to evenly light up the rest of my path, etc...

laugh

Currently...I have no extra lights...just about 5 sets in the garage, and I'm feeling my way through the dark with the crappy 9004's that the Owner's Manual says are 9007's.

laugh
Posted by: BradLee

Re: Got light? - 27/10/05 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by schteve:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

But you should come on out and wheel with us, we usually get out once a week here, and then you can feel free to make an educated remark on my choice of equipment. 'Till then, [Save the fine unicorns] !!Troy
Oh ok. I guess you guys do alot of night runs and you lead, there for you need the lights.Since if you were not the first person you would most likly not even have them on.

[Save the fine unicorns] [Argue]

just wanted to use the little smileys too.[/b]
...Or maybe those will be helpful to set-up camp at night...Or maybe it would be nice to change a tire of motormount with a little light...Or maybe it would be nice to do some night boarding and set up a jump you could hit...Or did you know if you do winter camping it gets dark really early, and it could be good to have a little light. Just a couple of my many ideas of good uses.

Re: Got light? - 27/10/05 06:55 AM

how many Amps does the standard x ALT. put out? confused

Re: Got light? - 29/10/05 11:33 PM

Wow..Looks good. [ThumbsUp] Does that double as a warming station at Burger King?? laugh

Re: Got light? - 30/10/05 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Swedman1:
how many Amps does the standard x ALT. put out? confused
i believe its 95 amps, the one from the quest is 105
Posted by: TJ

Re: Got light? - 30/10/05 07:42 AM

The X alt puts out a measly 80 amps....at least for the '00-01's V6.

The Pathfinder one that fits puts out about 90-ish, and the Quest ones that fit put out upto 117-125 amps, depending upon source.

laugh

Re: Got light? - 30/10/05 09:02 AM

Get a mean green 180 amps wink and affordable laugh

Re: Got light? - 30/10/05 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
Get a mean green 180 amps wink and affordable laugh
sure if $380 is affordable, i would kill for $5 right now.

Re: Got light? - 30/10/05 11:15 AM

Well compared to a 160 amp that costs $535.

Re: Got light? - 30/10/05 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by steelX:
Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
[b]Get a mean green 180 amps wink and affordable laugh
sure if $380 is affordable, i would kill for $5 right now.[/b]
[LOL]

Re: Got light? - 30/10/05 01:37 PM

and DAMN do they work
blinded me when I walked around my X to go chat with Troy last night.
Posted by: Axle

Re: Got light? - 30/10/05 08:41 PM

Lights rock!

Axle

Re: Got light? - 31/10/05 10:34 AM

Re: Got light? - 31/10/05 04:38 PM

Stadium lighting laugh

Re: Got light? - 31/10/05 07:23 PM

The lights worked out very well. I'm pleased. The wiring was hurried and turned out ghetto, so it will be redone, and I'll post the pics then. The truck never showed any loss of power, running or at idol, with all six lights on.

And for those of you wondering, the picture in the last post was taken at 1am! wink

Troy

Re: Got light? - 07/11/05 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PonyBoy:
Stadium lighting laugh

Some crazy mad max looking shit right there.

And.. forgive me if I am wrong, but is that a dude in drag? [Huh?]

Re: Got light? - 07/11/05 09:44 PM

Quote:
Some crazy mad max looking shit right there.
Thanks, Jason. By the way, the hot blond is.... cyclemut... it was halloween, really, he doesn't normally look like that. laugh

Troy

Re: Got light? - 08/11/05 04:54 PM

Axel what bulbs are in your headlights??

Re: Got light? - 08/11/05 08:09 PM

Quote:
The truck never showed any loss of power, running or at idol, with all six lights on.
What alternator are you running with it?
Posted by: Axle

Re: Got light? - 08/11/05 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yankyfan100:
Axel what bulbs are in your headlights??
Sylvania Xtra Vision bulbs. The ones in the purple package.

Axle