My Christmas Present to myself!

Posted by: Ramness

My Christmas Present to myself! - 16/12/03 11:55 PM

My Christmas Present to myself!

So I have had a really bad year… to say the least. But I'm not going to get into to all that. So I did something nice for “me”

I tagged along a few weeks ago with a friend of mine when he bought himself a new Xterra and while there I spotted a Molten Lava 2003 SE 4x4 that had been sitting on the dealers' lot since July 15th. So I saw the great deal my buddy got (having my roommate as a sales person is nice!) and the thought of the potential deal I could get on that SE was on my mind for days. You've seen the commercial with the guy that wants the VW and the toy VW stuck to his head keeps getting bigger as the days pass. Well that was me!

He bought his X on Monday, by Friday I gave in and went for a test drive. Took it for a long 12-mile test drive! Worked some numbers that night then returned the next night to work some more. Ended up getting it for $3,640 off the sticker price ($4,640 if you count that dealer add on list).

So far I love it! I still need to add a few things to it though. Still have to get all of my custom decals remade, Hopefully getting some different tires next week!

My present to me

3 days old and already has mud on it!

Both X's the silver one is XOC member need-a-hammer he bought his Monday

Moving… took 8 hours to remove all the stuff from TabascoX spent 20 hours total removing and reinstalling over several days.

TabascoX on the Used car lot at the dealer. They put new Dueler HTs on him and striped almost all the decals. Left one SXFC on the deflector, hehehe

You can still see GEOCAC from the “Geocaching.com” decal.
Posted by: ecfiffer

Re: My Christmas Present to myself! - 17/12/03 04:58 AM

congrats on the new toy! i hope you have a very merry "x"- mas now!
Posted by: BigE515

Re: My Christmas Present to myself! - 17/12/03 07:28 AM

Good choice of color!! laugh
Posted by: pinoy

Re: My Christmas Present to myself! - 17/12/03 10:02 AM

I'd have to agree, [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] on the color.

How's the seats with the lumbar supports in the 03's? Is it really the cats ass?
Posted by: ChuckH

Re: My Christmas Present to myself! - 17/12/03 12:28 PM

I will never understand why anyone would sell a perfectly good and nearly brand new Xterra only to get abother one just like it, but that is a good looking truck.

Now, stay away from the dealer for at least a couple hours!
Posted by: GrnXnham

Re: My Christmas Present to myself! - 17/12/03 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
I will never understand why anyone would sell a perfectly good and nearly brand new Xterra only to get abother one just like it,
Hey don't knock people who do this! This is the reason the economy is looking up!
Posted by: Ramness

Re: My Christmas Present to myself! - 17/12/03 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
I will never understand why anyone would sell a perfectly good and nearly brand new Xterra only to get abother one just like it, but that is a good looking truck.

Now, stay away from the dealer for at least a couple hours!
How about only paying just over $50 more per month for a brand new SE with a 100,000 mile warranty and a 3.9% 60 month loan rather than the 9% 72 month loan on the last one.

I was actually surprised to find that my insurance is $40 cheaper per year as well!
Posted by: gmaxis

Re: My Christmas Present to myself! - 17/12/03 11:24 PM

Sheesh! Some people are never satisfied! :rolleyes: laugh
What, your first X just wasn't good enough? The headlights too square? Miles too high? Tires too worn out? Where's your sense of loyalty to the first generation X? I guess the concept proved too alien after your friend the salesperson uttered some magic numbers, huh? Traitor!
mad
:rolleyes:
laugh
Posted by: ChuckH

Re: My Christmas Present to myself! - 18/12/03 12:59 AM

Hey; being without a warranty isn't all bad. At least now when I need something fixed I hand someone money and they fix it instead of fighting over it! Plus I can do whatever I want to my truck now without worrying about warranty problems! laugh

Oh yeah; and I still have the cool square headlights!

Hahaha, so THERE! [Finger]
Posted by: Accasbel

Re: My Christmas Present to myself! - 18/12/03 06:30 PM

it's got those funny round headlights [Smoking]
Posted by: ClaptoVaughn

Re: My Christmas Present to myself! - 18/12/03 08:31 PM

ah, the excitement of a brand new xterra. was your previous xterra heavily modified? i assume not because otherwise you could've saved it all and put it into your new one.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: My Christmas Present to myself! - 20/12/03 11:37 AM

Dude nice color ya got there!!! laugh

Someone else was asking if the lumbar is comfortable? Yeah I think it feels a bit better than the older X seats do.

Btw, your purchase is proof of the proverb "it's not what you know but who you know that counts." Sounds like you got a really sweet deal since your roommate is a salesperson. Merry X-Mas with that! smile
Posted by: BigE515

Re: My Christmas Present to myself! - 22/12/03 06:44 AM

Welcome to the round headlight club!! You are a man now! laugh Don't be a square.
Posted by: microsugrmag

Re: My Christmas Present to myself! - 23/12/03 05:44 AM

[Laughing] And to think that I worried about spoiling myself w/sliders and tires!!! [LOL]

Wonderful gift! Ignore the square headlight gang, they're jealous! laugh wink
Posted by: LAXterra

Re: My Christmas Present to myself! - 23/12/03 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Welcome to the round headlight club!! You are a man now! laugh Don't be a square.
Round Headlights=New & Improved Coke wink
Square Headlights=Coke Classic laugh
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: My Christmas Present to myself! - 23/12/03 03:12 PM

Nice ride!

Nathan
ycart1201