My latest "Stuck Shots"

Posted by: ProjectPatt587

My latest "Stuck Shots" - 07/10/10 01:31 PM

I know my X is only 2wd and I knew it would get stuck, but we had some boys up here from New Orleans who have never been off the hardtop, so I figured since we had another truck there I'd hit the whole and put on a show for the guys, Buddy of mine checked depth with a stick and said it would only come up to the bottom of the body.... Think it might have been a little deeper....

The factory tow hook snapped off...(guy in the pic not me, actually thats me in the back right of the pic lol.)

Just a little bit of mud on the inside...

Pulled the carpets out and pressure washed them and used low pressure water hose to wash floor pans and shopvacced excess water out, and she's good as new =)

In the end we all had a blast and the guys from New Orleans got to see some really pretty views up in the mountains of TN

Oh and the only casualty besides the factory tow hook was the Alternator.... $70 to have mine rebuilt, so not too bad
Posted by: XOC

Re: My latest "Stuck Shots" - 07/10/10 03:31 PM

at least you had fun doing it smile
Posted by: granitex

Re: My latest "Stuck Shots" - 07/10/10 05:36 PM

Eh.. you only start getting worried when mud and water start comming in through the front speakers.

That and it looks like your front bumper could use a little adjustment.
Posted by: _Craic_

Re: My latest "Stuck Shots" - 07/10/10 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: granitex

That and it looks like your front bumper could use a little adjustment.

Nah. He meant to drive in there at 30 mph to get that new approach angle on the bumper.
Posted by: RNTKnives

Re: My latest "Stuck Shots" - 07/10/10 06:12 PM

Makes me wanna' check my door seals real good...

Jeff!
Posted by: ProjectPatt587

Re: My latest "Stuck Shots" - 07/10/10 08:49 PM

Eh the front bumper was a casualty from trying to pull it out by the front first.... Just had to rock it back and re-tighten the mounting bolts. I didn't actually hit it that fast lol.
Posted by: SuperSlow35th

Re: My latest "Stuck Shots" - 17/11/10 03:32 PM

Thats exactly why my 2wd will never leave the pavement lol.

(That and the wife would kill me if I got her truck stuck.)
Posted by: Jahadaz

Re: My latest "Stuck Shots" - 07/12/10 12:58 PM

Lucky you didn't get the computer wet. I've replaced a few of those in my day. I've decided that x's are most definitely not submersibles.
Posted by: TJ

Re: My latest "Stuck Shots" - 08/12/10 05:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Jahadaz
Lucky you didn't get the computer wet. I've replaced a few of those in my day. I've decided that x's are most definitely not submersibles.

LOL

They can be submersible if you keep moving.

When you stop, THEN bad things happen.

I did an ECU lift for example to help improve survivability.

laugh

Re: My latest "Stuck Shots" - 08/12/10 07:34 AM

How was it doing the ecu lift? I've thought about doing mine for years and never gotten around to it. Difficult?

Re: My latest "Stuck Shots" - 08/12/10 10:13 PM

Naw, just unbolt it from the hump, and use whatever slack in the harness you have to pick it up.

I used some plastic under it to add a little security blanket as well.

laugh

Re: My latest "Stuck Shots" - 09/12/10 12:12 AM

See I was thinking about going just a little bit higher. Like the ceiling.
Lol, I've replaced mine a few times and even though I don't live in the south anymore, and water isn't really a large part of my wheeling now that I'm in Utah, I'd still like to do it.

grin No more water for me.

Re: My latest "Stuck Shots" - 09/12/10 06:10 AM

Its not worth it if there's no water.

laugh

The limiting factor is the harness, there's only so much slack, and....its a thick ass bundle.

The work to extend it/make it reach higher, like to the ceiling, would be more than the work to water proof the truck. :P

It would be easier to pot it in a water proof heat conductive housing at that point.