Where To Buy Goodyears?

Posted by: NYTERRA

Where To Buy Goodyears? - 15/06/02 08:15 AM

I may have posted this question in the wrong section before (got no response?)...I read some here where you guys were talking about 265/70/17 MT/R's being a bit pricey at $166/ea.....I want to put these on my truck this week and I called two local dealers here and both quoted about $225/ea.(not mounted/balanced). I looked on tirerack.com and did not see these..any sugestions where to look??
Posted by: FSRBIKER

Re: Where To Buy Goodyears? - 15/06/02 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NYTERRA:
I may have posted this question in the wrong section before (got no response?)...I read some here where you guys were talking about 265/70/17 MT/R's being a bit pricey at $166/ea.....I want to put these on my truck this week and I called two local dealers here and both quoted about $225/ea.(not mounted/balanced). I looked on tirerack.com and did not see these..any sugestions where to look??
www.NATLtire.com

www.4wheelparts.com

www.desertrat.com

www.mepco4x4.com (they usually have MTR specials in 4x4 magazines every month)
Posted by: NthLJ

Re: Where To Buy Goodyears? - 15/06/02 01:28 PM

Discount Tire Direct
Posted by: dano

Re: Where To Buy Goodyears? - 16/06/02 01:10 AM

I still suggest going with a second set of rims for your se/sc. I'll have pics up within 2 weeks when my rims arrive and i get the tires mounted.
Posted by: NYTERRA

Re: Where To Buy Goodyears? - 16/06/02 11:00 AM

Thanks to all who replied....you gave me places to go check.

To dano- what set-up are you refering to? Right now I'm looking at close to a grand for the tire upgrade. What rims are you looking at? I kinda' like the stock rims (also, they are 6 bolt vs. 5, which I see everywhere), are you talking about getting a set of smaller rims and these tires for the same amount??
Posted by: dano

Re: Where To Buy Goodyears? - 16/06/02 05:30 PM

That's what I'm talkin. I looked around alot and managed to get 5 15" alloy rims from a 2001 xterra which came out to $400 and change including shipping. Using tireracks price of $126 for a 31x10.5x15 Goodyear MT/R it brings the total to about $1050.00. Getting 5 of them tires for the 17" rim would run roughly $850 dollars or more. To me the extra about $200 difference is nothing considering instead of being stuck with 5 tires, I now have two full set of wheels. laugh