* SEARCH THE FORUMS *

Posted by: XOC

* SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 10/08/02 12:19 AM

People... newbies... visitors...

Please use the Search feature.

There are a dozen threads in here right now about "Will this tire fit my Xterra ?" and they have already been answered, many, many times.

Here's everything you need to know about tires.

30" tire fits any Xterra.
31" tire fits 2002 Xterra, and 2000-2001 with minor trimming.
32" tire fits any Xterra with major trimming and a lift is recommended.
33" tire requires a lift, trimming and work arounds.

The bigger you go, the more road friction you get, and the more the engine has to work.
Performance will suffer, mileage will suffer.

All tires hydroplane, it depends on the water depth, weight of the vehicle, tire pressure and speed.

Don't bother with recalibrating the speedometer. There are no gears available, and unless you go to 32" or larger, you won't notice it much (and your warranty will last longer).

The stock tires are all weather tires, they work great on the street.

All terrain tires are better off-road, but not quite as good on the street. Usually better in snow if it's deep.

Mud terrain tires are good for mud and loose terrain, but are noisy and handle much worse on the street. In the snow they can suck, since the voids are too large to hold snow, and snow only sticks to snow. However, if the snow is very deep, or very heavy, they work great.

Don't overinflate. About 28psi for stock tires, and for any aftermarket tire. Never inflate them to the number on the side, that is the maximum it can handle, and the Xterra does not weigh 8000 lbs.

As for the people asking about metric sized tires, try our handy Tire and Gear Calculator Page , it will make things a lot easier for you.
Posted by: Strom

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 10/08/02 12:23 AM

Thanks Ian...it needed to be said!!
Posted by: CCX

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 10/08/02 12:33 AM

yeah but will my 22" rims fit it if I lower it 2", and what size tire should I use, all that metric shit really confuses me. confused

-Chris laugh
Posted by: DaveDatsun

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 10/08/02 02:12 AM

Chris -
You missed the capital at the start but used punctuation marks. A poor immatation of... 22 inch mentality. I doubt that post will light XOC's fuse.

dave and xtoy - still working on 15's [LOL]
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 10/08/02 04:18 AM

Thanks Ian.

Finally!
Posted by: BoarderPhreak

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 10/08/02 07:51 AM

Now why not put this simple FAQ as a separate page (like the reviews, for example) with a big ol' LINK ACROSS THE TOP OF THE FORUM (you know, so you CAN'T MISS IT). laugh
Posted by: 01xterrawhite

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 10/08/02 08:41 AM

I did do a search, and only found a hint, that the cannadian mudguards can support bigger tires than the US mudguards, plus I must state that it feels better knowing someone put on the exact tire/size on the same model, especially after going back 10 time to get everything set up correctly (or close to it) on a prevous car of mine. Not that the X is a car.

And if you would do a search, you would know the subject of searches was covered before
Posted by: 01xterrawhite

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 10/08/02 08:42 AM

Just joking about the searches being covered [Wave]
Posted by: BoarderPhreak

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 10/08/02 08:49 AM

Matter of fact...

For each forum, have a "Forum F.A.Q." that covers all the oft-asked questions for that particular forum. Make it concise, make it obvious.

Dunno what the lifetime/archival of old posts is due to space considerations on the server - but you could also link to some relevant threads as examples or links to external resources (like HOWTOs on people's Websites and stuff).

EDIT: I've posed this suggestion in the "Suggestions for XOC" forum here...
Posted by: mummer43

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 10/08/02 12:00 PM

What tires are available for the 2002 SE/SC?
laugh laugh
Posted by: ShipRekd1

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 10/08/02 01:09 PM

Quote:
Please use the Search feature.
XOC

Perhaps a change is needed in the search feature. Many other boards allow you to search any/all topic areas for specific words whereas the search feature on this board only searches the topic area that you choose.

Something to consider....

Jason

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 10/08/02 01:33 PM

It's been considered many times, and I won't cater to lazy people. If someone is searching for info on tires, I expect them to search the tire forum.

No reason to slow the site down for everyone just because some people are too lazy to do a detailed search.

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 11/08/02 12:43 AM

XOC used to have a function that allowed a search through all forums and it sucked. Individual forum searches have always worked better on here.

I'll write one up for gas mileage and how far we get on a tank. laugh
Posted by: Xterrian

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 11/08/02 03:15 AM

It would be nice if the forums list on the search function were in some particular order. It's kind of a pain to find the forum I want to search the way it is now. No biggie though, it is usable.

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 11/08/02 04:42 AM

Yes, they are listed in the order they were created. Bad design.

The best thing to do is simply go to the forum, and click Search from there, as the current forum defaults.

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 17/08/02 04:05 AM

All I got to say is.... Bump!
Posted by: JerseyX

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 17/08/02 11:11 AM

CCX has got to be kidding.
Posted by: tlcafj60

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 18/08/02 09:45 AM

Ian's message could be pasted into the greetings email when you join XOC. It could be modified into part of the FAQ or something...just a thought.
It would just be a good preventative measure to cut down on posts like the ones that have popped up since I have been here.
Im glad somebody finally put into words what I think sometimes when I come across posts with the same question over and over and over.
Posted by: MOLTAR

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 18/08/02 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JerseyX:
maybe i'll write the FAQ for "Understanding UBB Emoticons" :rolleyes: :p [Freak] [Too much XOC]
Posted by: socalpunx

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 18/08/02 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sean yeager:
Quote:
[b]CCX has got to be kidding.
maybe i'll write the FAQ for "Understanding Sarcasm" [/b]
That would be a big help too. Thanks. I'm looking forward to reading it. laugh
Posted by: MOLTAR

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 18/08/02 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
Quote:
Originally posted by sean yeager:
[b]maybe i'll write the FAQ for "Understanding Sarcasm"
That would be a big help too. Thanks. I'm looking forward to reading it. laugh [/b]
wait just a minute... i think i could conjure up the basic UBB Emoticon essay in an hour. but "Understanding Sarcasm" would be more of a research project ending in a very long book...

laugh eek [Huh?]
Posted by: KJ_dragon

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 05/11/02 04:35 PM

This deserves to be bumped back to the top.
Posted by: NthLJ

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 05/11/02 05:33 PM

Quote:
Yep, he's kidding... smile
Posted by: KevinNC

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 05/11/02 08:21 PM

My tires are slick like a race car (for better traction I guess) but what are those wires sticking out for? laugh [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 13/11/02 01:53 PM

ATTENTION MODERATORS:
This thread should be labeled with that "top topic" to keep it permanently stuck at the top.

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 13/11/02 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
[b]ATTENTION MODERATORS:
This thread should be labeled with that "top topic" to keep it permanently stuck at the top.[/b]
It will find its way into the FAQ this week.

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 19/12/02 03:36 PM

bump.
Posted by: SalsaX

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 19/12/02 03:59 PM

Can I fit 31x10.5x15 tires on my stock 2001 ex-terra?
[Wave] [Crybaby]
wink laugh
shocked smile
confused cool
Posted by: ILUVMYX

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 19/12/02 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SalsaX:
Can I fit 31x10.5x15 tires on my stock 2001 ex-terra?
No. Not without removing the old ones first.

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 23/01/03 09:56 AM

I order thee to the top.

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 13/02/03 10:56 PM

Cause it belongs on the top.
Posted by: CCX

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 12/03/03 09:08 AM

Bump wink
Posted by: oleblue

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 23/04/03 10:12 PM

Bump again. wink
Posted by: johnnyx

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 27/04/03 12:01 AM

Top!
Posted by: FANOF5

Re: * SEARCH THE FORUMS * - 27/04/03 04:35 AM

sorry to cause so much hate and discontent, i did not know about the search feature. take it easy on me, i am just a newbie laugh