stock tires...

Posted by: Anonymous

stock tires... - 01/10/06 10:18 PM

okay, i was wondering if it was possible to wrap the stock rims with 31'' wheels... to possibly save a little bit of money ya know

Re: stock tires... - 01/10/06 10:24 PM

?
Posted by: ChuckH

Re: stock tires... - 02/10/06 03:52 AM

Um, I assume you want to put 31" tires on your 15" stock rims, not that you want to put 31" wheels on top of your 15" wheels!?!?!?! Well, I would answer that, but really I have to pull a Brent and tell you to search...hell, just look at the top of the Tire forum list. The answer can be found in less than 5 seconds with the click of your mouse in about 5000 places!

I'm an asshole and proud of it, now get searching damnit!

Re: stock tires... - 02/10/06 09:14 AM

I just put 31 x 10.5 x 15s on mine with no issues.
Posted by: TJ

Re: stock tires... - 02/10/06 12:08 PM

You said wheels when you meant tires, and confused people.

laugh

Rims and wheels refer to the round metal things that the (Rubber) tires are mounted onto.

Wheels sometimes refers to the entire rim/tire combo, as "Tryig to geep the wheels on the ground", etc.

You can mount pretty much ANY tire meant for a 15" rim on your 15" rim.

If you have a 16" rim, etc...same deal, except, they tire won't say the inches on it most of the time, just a metric size in millimeters and aspect ratio. eek

So - to save money, or, more accurately, to not waste money, use the stock rims for the new tires.

The backspacing is a pita to find in an aftermarket rim anyway.

laugh

What rim size diameter do you have (They are all 7" wide)?

If you don't know, look at your tire sidewall, and read the tire size there now.