got a question.....need help...special lug nut

Posted by: Anonymous

got a question.....need help...special lug nut - 24/02/08 02:49 AM

while I was at Ralph's yesterday. I was taking off my tires...but I need a special key to get my one lug nut off....well I guess being huurred to get home...I left it on the lug nut...so it came off on my drive home
damn it I am stupid.

is there way to get it off....does anybody have one of those special keys...or are they all different?

I just thought about this and this woke me up at 5:00a

Re: got a question.....need help...special lug nut - 24/02/08 03:13 AM

yea there are a few tricks. Get either an easy out socket and a hammer and beat the easy-out socket onto the lock. Or you can use a regular socket and do the same thing. Just don't ask where I learned all this. laugh

ETA after this you are going to need new locks. [Smoking]
Posted by: BlueSky

Re: got a question.....need help...special lug nut - 24/02/08 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by far west X:
Just don't ask where I learned all this. laugh
Hey, aren't you the guy with "used" wheels for sale? wink

Re: got a question.....need help...special lug nut - 24/02/08 07:10 AM

ok thanks...
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: got a question.....need help...special lug nut - 24/02/08 08:38 AM

I've used vice grips to get 'em off before. Just clamp the vice grips on good and tight and then use a piece of pipe or the round end of a big wrench on the end of the vice grips for extra leverage.
Posted by: Stonecoldchavez

Re: got a question.....need help...special lug nut - 24/02/08 09:34 AM

To answer your question about the locks, I believe there are 4 or 5 versions of the Nissan wheel locks, each requiring their own key.

I have lost my wheel lock key twice already and had to send money to McGard, with my wheel key number(on a registration card I have), and get a replacement lock key socket.

S.

Re: got a question.....need help...special lug nut - 24/02/08 09:59 PM

After losing my key, I had a tire shop remove the locks. They did the easy out trick as described by far west X. After they were removed, I installed regular lug nuts. If someone steals my POS factory wheels, so be it, I have insurance.