bumper falling off...

Posted by: Anonymous

bumper falling off... - 04/07/03 08:04 AM

didn't know where to post this, but i have a few problems, im saving up for offroading products. For now i do go offroading allot in my stock X, has 4 wheel drive and it does great stock, BUT my bumper looks like it is going to fall off, and my left side pannel trim around my wheel, the grey plastic a corner piece has fallen off, how can i make sure the bumper doesn't fall off, im buying a bull bar soon, i want the bumper to be secure before i put a bull bar on, i was thinking some Gorilla glue? any suggestions?
Posted by: smudog

Re: bumper falling off... - 04/07/03 11:39 AM

The first thing I would do is go around your bumper and make sure all of the connections to the frame are good, i.e. tighten all screws. I know that mine come loose pretty often, so I've got to keep going back in there to tighten them. I've been thinking about putting some plumbing-type lock tape on them to help them from coming loose so often. It would be interesting to see how many people who still have the stock bumper have this problem.

Mike
Posted by: Xterra Kid 2003

Re: bumper falling off... - 05/07/03 02:22 PM

i have the stock front end and i have been bouncing around a little bit nothing to hardcore and i havent had any problems with the front end, i also have the brush guard so i dont know if that would effect anything.