Type of tire.

Posted by: Anonymous

Type of tire. - 03/07/03 10:52 PM

It's about time i get new tires. Just wondering what type everyone is running?
Posted by: Ramness

Re: Type of tire. - 04/07/03 01:29 AM

yeah I was wondering that too! I wish we had a forum dedicated to this very subject so we could all post info there on what we have bought and what we think about different tires... :rolleyes: wink :p
Posted by: ClaptoVaughn

Re: Type of tire. - 04/07/03 01:49 AM

bfg allterrains are very popular here.
goodyear mtrs are awesome tires too, but from some of the places i've looked they're a little pricy and don't have as long of a tread life.
Posted by: newxer

Re: Type of tire. - 04/07/03 05:29 AM

Absolutely love the Pro-Comp M/T Real good grip off road and quiet nice ride for a m/t on road if ya want a pic e-mail me !!

todd

Re: Type of tire. - 04/07/03 10:10 PM

If you look couple of post down you will see I post the same question and after searching around for a bit I found Yokohama Geolandar A/T + II, best suit for me. I got it install and aligement + tax for $730 that is 730 Canadian = $500 US for all 4 wheel. [Wave]

Re: Type of tire. - 04/07/03 11:25 PM

Personally I don't recommend Goodyear at all - very expensive tires for very little quality life. Had the Wrangler RT/S, and all I can say is mad [Crybaby] eek

Now running Bridgestone Dueler's on both trucks. The one drives like a whole new rig with TRACTION! The X I just bought, and the tires are suited nicely too it as well.
Posted by: KJ_dragon

Re: Type of tire. - 05/07/03 01:42 AM

I have BFG AT KO's in size 31x10.5x15. I think they are great! Huge improvement over the General Grabbers.
Posted by: ClaptoVaughn

Re: Type of tire. - 05/07/03 02:07 AM

not meaning to hijack the post, but out of curiosity...
why are tires for 16 rims more expensive than tires for 15? a 33" tire would have less rubber when placed on a 16 than a 15 right?
Posted by: Guy

Re: Type of tire. - 05/07/03 07:18 AM

BFG AT KO's 265/75R16 - Got them for Father's day and so far I like them alot. Trimming was required but only on the rubber mud guards... not a big deal.
Posted by: X2K

Re: Type of tire. - 05/07/03 08:04 AM

32 x 11.5 bfg M/T
$532 out the door, mounted and balanced

Re: Type of tire. - 05/07/03 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ClaptoVaughn:
not meaning to hijack the post, but out of curiosity...
why are tires for 16 rims more expensive than tires for 15? a 33" tire would have less rubber when placed on a 16 than a 15 right?
I have 16" tires on all my trucks, I know EXACTLY what you mean! The reason for this, my guess, is because 15's are a lot more popular, and 16" sizes on SUV's anyway just became a thing in the last 5 yrs or so.

Have you looked at 17"?? Wouldn't want that route. My guess is, in a few more years, prices will go down - it's just they know that people with 16" rims have to buy 16" sizes, so for now they're gonna charge. Just like when DVD's first came they were pretty high priced, and have come down with time.
Posted by: Uzbad

Re: Type of tire. - 07/07/03 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by YoungOne:
It's about time i get new tires. Just wondering what type everyone is running?
What you should get is depends on your pocket and on type of wheeling you doing.

Rocks/Mud/Deep snow + - you might consider M/T as they would be better, b/c they got

Sand/Streets - you better off with A/T, as agressive thread is your foe then

And remember that M/T wears off faster 8)

--
as of what i am running - Dayton Timberline M/T - not the cheapest, but they are handling quite nice so far with rocks and occasional mud.
Posted by: Mixxalott

Re: Type of tire. - 08/07/03 07:54 AM

I don't do a lot (read as "any") offroading and I got a good 60K from the BFG's that were up there initially, so I went with those again.
Posted by: Booya

Re: Type of tire. - 08/07/03 08:31 AM

Goodyear Wrangler MTR
32x11.50R15