How much life do these tires have left?

Posted by: p00psicle

How much life do these tires have left? - 18/01/12 03:54 PM

How far into their life would you estimate these tires to be?

Posted by: RNTKnives

Re: How much life do these tires have left? - 18/01/12 05:36 PM

Impossible to tell. Call BFG with the serial numbers.

Jeff!
Posted by: TJ

Re: How much life do these tires have left? - 18/01/12 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: p00psicle
How far into their life would you estimate these tires to be?

They look like they don't have enough tread left to do mud, you need new tires.

laugh
Posted by: Gonzo-2

Re: How much life do these tires have left? - 19/01/12 05:00 AM

TJ - I'm surprised at you. They're the stock Long Trails. Would you want to take them into the mud if they were NEW?

I agree you need new tires though. Not because they are worn, they appear to have a fair bit of thread left. But rather, I would say you should replace them because the stock Long Trails, well, suck. Do a search and you'll find others stating the same. Save you're pennies. You'll be replacing them soon enough anyway. If not now, when they do wear out the tread. Which won't be long.

What do you replace them with? Well, that's another thread... (But remember to do a SEARCH before you ask that question!)

Hope this helps both of you!

-G
Posted by: p00psicle

Re: How much life do these tires have left? - 19/01/12 12:21 PM

I should have said too that they're on a 2010 Xterra. It has 29,000 miles on it now though.

I actually did things backwards and found which tires I wanted to replace these with before I decided if I needed them or not. From reading the forums I think the winner for me is the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO's. I live in Vancouver Canada where I snowboard all winter and hike/camp all summer. Which means snow and logging roads.
Posted by: Gonzo-2

Re: How much life do these tires have left? - 19/01/12 05:03 PM

Great choice. You won't be disappointed.