How in the HELL....

Posted by: Anonymous

How in the HELL.... - 23/05/04 03:49 PM

Do I dissconnect the rear aux. outlet wires so I can move the plastic cladding?
Posted by: ChuckH

Re: How in the HELL.... - 23/05/04 03:55 PM

For the 12V socket? There's enough wire there so you can pop the panel and then disconnect the wires. They just have a push on plug, so just reach in behind witht he panel pulled away a bit and pull the connector off!

Re: How in the HELL.... - 23/05/04 04:01 PM

I have got the panel off, and I have pulled the hell out of that thing and still nothing. I know when I look at it it looks like a simple plug on, unplug type deal but I can not seem to get it off. confused

Re: How in the HELL.... - 23/05/04 04:07 PM

Hmmm, it's been a long time since I disconnected mine, but I don't remember there being anything special with the plug. There might be a release tab or soemthing on it, but I don't remember it? Sorry, that's all I remember and I'm too lazy to go pop my panel! I rewired that whole thing anyway so the original connector may have dropped down inside somewhere.

Re: How in the HELL.... - 23/05/04 04:09 PM

I can hear a little "click" as I move it back and forth, but I can not figure out how to dissconect it.

Re: How in the HELL.... - 23/05/04 04:12 PM

Hey Chuck I cracked the code. On the underside there is a little button that needs to be pushed in so simple, I have always made the easy things difficult. THanks for the help.

Re: How in the HELL.... - 23/05/04 04:15 PM

Glad you got it! laugh Sorry I forgot about that release! eek

Re: How in the HELL.... - 23/05/04 04:35 PM

What button? where? picture? I have tried numerous times to remove that damn thing!

Re: How in the HELL.... - 23/05/04 06:09 PM

Need-a-hammer right up under the connector there is a plastic "thingy" you can use your fingernail and pull it down which is what I did you can also push it/squeeze it and pull at the same time. Dont feel bad if it takes awhile to get it, I spent the better part of my day trying to get the damn thing off. It took me all day to evolve and become 2% smarter than the plastic connector.