tire pressure light problem

Posted by: Anonymous

tire pressure light problem - 11/09/06 06:47 PM

for the past week, week and a half. My tire pressure light has been on the fritz. The pressure is fine, its been checked twice daily. And my Dealership wants half an hour of service time to fix the problem, also known as 35 bucks.

anyone know the trick to fixing it?
Posted by: BurgPath

Re: tire pressure light problem - 11/09/06 07:08 PM

Not under warranty?

Re: tire pressure light problem - 11/09/06 07:38 PM

after market tires and rims "voided" all tire related warranty

BS in my opinion =\

Re: tire pressure light problem - 12/09/06 11:35 AM

i had this problem as well, turned out since i added my spare into my rotation i made my TPMS wig out. the spare doesnt have a sensor on it. plus if you have aftermarket tires that doesnt have the sensor on it that could be another problem (the system doesnt see the sending units)
Posted by: XPLORx4

Re: tire pressure light problem - 13/09/06 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tregga:
after market tires and rims "voided" all tire related warranty

BS in my opinion =\
"Aftermarket tires"?? Lame. I guess the TPMS warranty lasts only as long as your original factory tires do.

Re: tire pressure light problem - 13/09/06 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tregga:

anyone know the trick to fixing it?
What pressure are you running? Mine will not clear unless they are at 35 psi. My local dealer puts all the tires to 40 psi to keep from having complaints about the sensors.

In the winter I have to put mine up to 40 psi because of the low temperatures here or the sensors go off all the time.

Also make sure you are using an accurate air pressure guage.
Posted by: lemsip

Re: tire pressure light problem - 15/09/06 08:12 AM

I am stupid ands thought for ages that the tire presure light was the brake fluid light. I eventually realised and put them up to 35 psi.

Funny thing is that the light would always come on when it rained. Presumably because it cooled the air in the tires, but I assumed the brake sensor was getting wet and malfunctioning.