Hooking up the stock driving lites..

Posted by: Anonymous

Hooking up the stock driving lites.. - 14/07/07 01:35 PM

Does anybody have a way to hook up the driving lites to work when you put on the parking lites???I saw a X with that done and looks good and would save the headlights some life in the process.

Re: Hooking up the stock driving lites.. - 14/07/07 02:14 PM

Just run the lights through a relay and use power from the parking lights to throw the relay on.

Or just use a switch on the dash to do the same thing but make it independant of the other lights.

Re: Hooking up the stock driving lites.. - 14/07/07 02:53 PM

Do a search on here. There are instructions on how to rewire your fog lights so they will come on without the headlights. They will come on with the parking lights, very easy mod, took me 15 min.

Re: Hooking up the stock driving lites.. - 14/07/07 07:10 PM

I have 2 sets thats are both wired independently. I believe it's easier than wiring them into your parking lights. I know the lights on the 04 are hard to get to. I have the side marker bulb out and I can't seem to get to it no matter how hard I try.
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Hooking up the stock driving lites.. - 14/07/07 08:58 PM

It's the ElectroKen fog light relay mod... I did mine a few years ago and love it... you buy a new relay, modify it per the instructions (again - you should find 'em if you search), and then the fog lights come on with the fog light switch with no exceptions (even when the truck is off... so make sure not to leave 'em on!)