relocate Security LED light

Posted by: Anonymous

relocate Security LED light - 26/07/03 06:40 AM

I want to relocate my Security LED light so I can intsall a factory switch for my PIAA (back-up) lights. I am already using the other one for my front PIAA lights. So my questions are...
Has anyone done this yet?
Where should I move it to?
Are there other alternatives to the LED light?

laugh Any input is appreciated. and yes I did do a search but didn't find what I was looking for.
Posted by: austinbrtndr

Re: relocate Security LED light - 26/07/03 06:46 AM

I personally like the light on the drivers side door right next to the top lock... easily seen by someone "looking" in your truck... switch to a blue led, though... red would look tacky...
Posted by: Viper X

Re: relocate Security LED light - 26/07/03 08:15 AM

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3dd11b3127cce9597d3b1dac70000001610[/img]

Part of my Viper alarm system. Lights have 5 different patters and are noticeable from very far away. While I get asked all the time what they're for, I've never even had a false alarm (other than from something I knew about) in 2 years.

Re: relocate Security LED light - 26/07/03 09:29 AM

Thanks Viper-x but can I purchase those lights without a new system? I like your setup but Im not looking for a new security system. (yet)
Posted by: ElectroKen

Re: relocate Security LED light - 26/07/03 10:54 AM

Just a word of caution with blue LEDs and the factory security system-

A red LED will light with a forward voltage of 1.8 volts. A blue LED requires more like 3.4 volts to light. The bottom line is that a blue LED may not work with the factory system.
Posted by: LSUXterra

Re: relocate Security LED light - 26/07/03 03:06 PM

a red led came with my viper alarm and i installed it right next to my head unit, another popular first look for potental burglers.
Posted by: xcanuk

Re: relocate Security LED light - 26/07/03 04:35 PM

I've got mine of the top edge of the dash, centered above the 2 vents. Very easy visual from any direction (even from the rear)

Re: relocate Security LED light - 27/07/03 05:31 AM

Thanks everybody and specifically ElecroKen I never thought of the different color bulbs having different voltage. Thanks for that little bit of info it may have saved me hours of troubleshooting.
Posted by: Viper X

Re: relocate Security LED light - 27/07/03 08:53 AM

I've got a second red LED by the existing one that tells me the info about the alarm (blink X amount of times if the car was bumped, attempted to be started, etc) The Blue LED scanner on the dash can be added without an alarm, just a power, neg and remote turn on switch. Trick would be to figure out how to power it while the car is off, rather than on. There are many versions and colors of these, check out your alarm store or ebay for some ideas.
Posted by: Lockout

Re: relocate Security LED light - 28/07/03 07:43 AM

I have done this inorder to create a free switch opening

Posted by: Christoper

Re: relocate Security LED light - 18/04/12 07:50 PM

Can in wire led strips in my car's SPAM

Posted by: Gonzo-2

Re: relocate Security LED light - 18/04/12 08:15 PM

It's hard to understand what you are really asking, but... I'll give you a shot at an answer. If I don't hit the mark, reply back with more info!

Can you wire this stuff the way you've described? Yes. Is it a good idea? Probably not.

It would be MUCH better to use the headlights (power going to them when turned on) as a trigger for a relay that then powers the LED lights/strips you want to add. That way, the only extra power draw you are putting on the headlight circuit is the relay (~1/10A). The power that goes to the LEDs comes from the battery, not the headlight circuit (and that fuse, possibly blowing it). You can then add your own switch to the new circuit so that you have the option of turning the LEDs on/off. That is, they won't ALWAYS be on when your headlights are on. Sure you could do this any way you wire it, but by using a relay, it is much safer, doesn't put any (realistic) draw on the circuit designed to power the headlights alone and you can control it at will, if you choose to wire it that way.

Hope this helps.

-G
Posted by: Gonzo-2

Re: relocate Security LED light - 20/04/12 02:23 PM

Oh, and I forgot.

"Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!"

smile

Posted by: AaronOran

Re: relocate Security LED light - 04/05/12 12:21 AM

SPAM
Posted by: Allyson

Re: relocate Security LED light - 18/01/13 12:16 AM

Hi, you have really nice product of Security LED light, so i SPAM
Posted by: michale

Re: relocate Security LED light - 18/03/13 02:31 AM

I must appreciate to all of you who participate this discussion about the security LED lights, but I am here to get some information about the car alarms, or other security system which could make my car secure.
Posted by: camron

Re: relocate Security LED light - 04/07/13 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Thanks Viper-x but can I purchase those lights without a new system? I like your setup but Im not looking for a new security system. (yet)

I think it depends on your security system that you have.Because some of the security system don't allow to connect that light with them.Just read the manual that help you to know that you can connect that lights or not?