Xplod Speakers by Sony

Posted by: Ramness

Xplod Speakers by Sony - 18/05/01 05:04 AM

Anyone have any experince with these? How is the sound?

------------------
B & TabascoX
AOL Screen name Ramness570
Posted by: satrider

Re: Xplod Speakers by Sony - 18/05/01 05:32 AM

Search!!! There is a conversation already going on about them.

------------------
Posted by: ILXterra

Re: Xplod Speakers by Sony - 18/05/01 06:02 AM

I put a set of the 3 way 6x9's in the rear slots and they sound just fine for me. Anything is better than the factory speakers. They were an easy install and fit perfect.

Re: Xplod Speakers by Sony - 18/05/01 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by satrider:
Search!!! There is a conversation already going on about them.

I did search actually. The only other thread was mine asking what was involved in changing out the speakers. A couple people mentioned how the Xplod speakers fit but no one mentioned anything about sound quality.

------------------
B & TabascoX
Posted by: KillerX

Re: Xplod Speakers by Sony - 18/05/01 09:54 PM

I installed the 3-way 6X9s in the rear and am pulling 25W RMS to each and they sound very good. They aren't exactly what I would call competition series, but they can more than hold their own. I don't know how they'd sound with the stock head unit since I've never heard them with lower wattage being sent to them. Considering the cost and the limited space available in the rear panels, I decided these were the best buy. You may also go with the 4-ways as these should fit without a problem as well.

------------------
2000 Silver Ice SE 4X4 Auto
MAXC member

Re: Xplod Speakers by Sony - 19/05/01 10:53 PM

I will not be replacing the head unit for now just the speakers in the lower front door and in the rear. Do yall have the model #'s you got?

------------------
B & TabascoX
Posted by: lemsip

Re: Xplod Speakers by Sony - 22/05/01 07:01 PM

I had some 6 3/4 inch Xplod speakers in a Golf and they were crap. Any kind of bass would distort. Obviously a 6 inch isnt meant for bass, but even with a filter to keep low frequencies out they were pretty poor.

------------------