Keyless Entry Pad Options?

Posted by: PsiFire

Keyless Entry Pad Options? - 17/09/12 01:49 AM

I'm looking for a keyless entry option for my 2002 Xterra XE. I know the old 999KE-AR000MS is no longer available. I was wondering if anyone knew of another option for getting in without keys? I'd like something a little more secure than hiding a keyfob somewhere on the truck or installing a "dumb dumb" switch somewhere. Ideas?
Posted by: DeliriouX

Re: Keyless Entry Pad Options? - 25/10/12 05:21 AM

have an aftermarket keyless entry/alarm system installed

Re: Keyless Entry Pad Options? - 26/10/12 05:55 AM

I already have keyfobs. Someone needs to design a "fob" the mounts to the outside of the vehicle, is code activated, and trips the door unlocks. It can't be that hard.

Re: Keyless Entry Pad Options? - 18/11/12 07:13 AM

my shop had a request the other day....yep you guessed it...a wired universal keyless keypad type entry system. i researched it for her and found them here>>>www.keyless.com

Re: Keyless Entry Pad Options? - 18/11/12 11:00 PM

Wow. Interesting. Was hoping for a true wireless option, but this might be the next best thing. Their KE-1700 looks just like the keypad that Nissan used to offer.

Re: Keyless Entry Pad Options? - 22/12/12 04:30 PM

i thought ford was the only ones with the factory keypad. i installed that piece for the customer, very easy and straight forward. you can get access to the wire code tech sheet here>>>

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff279/DISTORTED_WUN/my%20X%20mods%20thread/

i have them posted there for the various X`s gen 1, 1.5, and 2, should be an easy DIY if you r handy with wiring.
Posted by: Kiter

Re: Keyless Entry Pad Options? - 28/04/13 11:26 AM

When my Nissan Key Pad, failed and I discovered that Nissan does not carry them anymore, I was very dismayed. I NEED a keypad entry. I spend a lot of time in the ocean and keeping a key on my person is not realistic.

I purchased an aftermarket (Accele RS505) product and installed it so it mimics the driver side door lock/unlock switch. This all works fine. Unfortunately, the "Vehicle Security System" doesn't like it and goes off when the door is openned. After finding that the VSS is documented in the "Body" chapter of the ESM rather than "Electrical", I find that the VSS is disarmed by the turn of a key. The wiring diagram shows that being a ground signal on pin 7 at the BCM (Body Control Module). (The lock/unlock signal to BCM for the switch are also gounds.) Unfortunately, grounding this pin does not work. Does anyone know how the door cylinder switch really signals the BCM to disable the security system?

For now I have lock the keys in a reasonably accessible in the Xterra so I can get them quickly to stop the alarm.
Posted by: camron

Re: Keyless Entry Pad Options? - 02/07/13 11:22 PM

i have an key less aftermarket alarm system but most of the time the light blink after i locked the door or the ignition system and other electrical component go off due to alarm when the door are not locked properly with the fob.