Neoprene seat covers at Costco

Posted by: krisjon

Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 01/06/02 06:04 PM

Not sure if it's just a local thing here in Southern California, but I just picked up 2 sets of neoprene seat covers at Costco for $18.98 a pair!!!

I know what you're thinking, POS, right? Hardly. The front ones fit great and look almost identical to the Nissan ones.

I got grey /black, but they also come in red/black and blue/black.

The rears are a little harder to get to fit because of the shape of the seat, but with a little tugging and cinching work pretty well.

Hell, for $40 total, who can beat it? If I can get a hold of a digital camera I'll post some pics.
Posted by: sam

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 01/06/02 06:49 PM

that is sweet, do you have the brand name of the seat cover? post some pic!

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 01/06/02 07:11 PM

Cross Country Wetsuit Seatcovers

....smokin' deal

For the cost of 1 set of Nissans, you can get 6 sets of these.
Posted by: Gauravvv

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 01/06/02 08:20 PM

Sounds awesome, but are they tailor made for the X or are they just generic fit all vehicle sized?
Posted by: NeoXer

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 01/06/02 09:38 PM

www.wetokole.com has great neoprene seat covers--all color combos and even cammo but expensive as hell.

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 01/06/02 10:30 PM

They're not custom made for the X, but like I said, they fit well / look great.

I went to a buddy's house awhile ago, and the first thing he asked me was when did I get the Nissan seat covers. I had to laugh. The black/grey ones I bought are nearly identical to the Nissans (except these don't have the separate headrest cover...it just fits over it)
Posted by: oleblue

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 01/06/02 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by krisjon:
(except these don't have the separate headrest cover...it just fits over it)
So do they fit with the headrest down or all the way up or either? I need one all the way down and the other all the way up.

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 02/06/02 12:02 AM

I have my headrests up a notch or so and they fit fine (given the stretchability of the neoprene).

I haven't put my headrest all the way up, but that might be pushing it.

It's not the perfect neoprene seat cover alternative for everyone, but definitely a sweet deal for a lot of people.
Posted by: gmr2048

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 02/06/02 01:09 PM

just got back from my local costco (east coast) and they had *nuthin*. damn. anybody wanna buy me a set and ship them back east??? laugh

-gary
(seriously!)
Posted by: BoarderPhreak

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 02/06/02 07:10 PM

Now I'm really curious... Got pix?

I'm still debating the Wet Okoles, but I think I'll wait until the Nissan ones are fairly trashed. So far, they're holding up really well - but the fit issues are another story (which we all know and err, love).
Posted by: MeWantSnow!

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 02/06/02 07:40 PM

Gary..I'm heading to Costco tomorrow...if mine has them, I'll pick up as many as my credit card can handle haha.

I'll let you know if they have one.

Rich

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 02/06/02 09:38 PM

They're item number 441988. $18.99 for a set of 2 covers.

If they don't have them at your Costco, go to customer service and have them transferred from another store.

I drove around with them today and am very happy with how they work on the front seats.

Like I said in my previous post, being universal fit, they're a little tough with the odd shape of the rear seats... but I'm not complaining.

Pics are hard as I don't have a digital camera, but I'll try.

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 03/06/02 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MeWantSnow!:
Gary..I'm heading to Costco tomorrow...if mine has them, I'll pick up as many as my credit card can handle haha.

I'll let you know if they have one.

Rich
thanks rich! let me know what you find. i can send you a check or just give you cash at ECXC. whatever is easiest for you!

-gary

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 03/06/02 09:21 AM

Quote:
They're item number 441988. $18.99 for a set of 2 covers.

If they don't have them at your Costco, go to customer service and have them transferred from another store.
thanks for the item number, krisjon. if rich can't find em, i'll have costco track some down for me.

-gary
Posted by: Powerguy38

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 03/06/02 10:22 AM

Rich,
I'll take at set as well. I'll pay you at ECXC or sooner if you need the money. And what
about my roof rack? Do you still have one for me? I've been trying to get a hold of you for over a month.

-Dana laugh
Posted by: striker511

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 03/06/02 02:25 PM

Hey!

I am gonna check out the one here in S NJ..
let everyone know what I find; these sound like a sweet deal if so smile

Striker

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 03/06/02 02:36 PM

I'm heading down to Costco now. Sorry about not being in touch with anyone lately. Work has me doing 70 hour weeks lately!!!! And my X was broken for a couple of weeks. So with those 2 combined, I haven't been reading many of the boards...I kind of didn't want to know what I was missing out on!!! smile

BUT I'm back....and I'm working REALLY hard to get off for ECXC!!!!!!

I'll let you know what I find at Costco!!!

Rich

PS...the roofrack.....I can throw one together for you...I just have to figure out a better way of mounting them to the X, and a better floor system.....any ideas?????

Later

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 03/06/02 04:32 PM

they don't have any down here in FL, I am looking for someone to pick up a set for me, I'll pay for cost and shipping. Anybody? please?
Posted by: OrganDonor

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 03/06/02 04:52 PM

I went to Costcos web site and didn't find them there.
If someone could pick me up a pair of the gray, I'd be glad to pay for them plus shipping to Oklahoma smile
Thanks
Reece
Posted by: puffdc

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 03/06/02 05:17 PM

it must be a cali thing...
i just bought a set & installed them, not too shabby. because they are "universal" not the perfect fit but...because they are neoprene they are snug & can be conformed. my only complaint/problem was due to the seat belt opening being too small or not aligned w/mine made a crease that caused it to puff out a little.
overall, cant beat the price compared to wet okole. buy them while they're still there...

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 03/06/02 07:49 PM

Went to 2 Costco's in my area. Neither had them, but the first one I went to, told me they're getting 72 of them shipped on the 10th!!!!!!

I'll pick up one on the 10th, take pictures and see who wants them.

Rich

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 04/06/02 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MeWantSnow!:
Went to 2 Costco's in my area. Neither had them, but the first one I went to, told me they're getting 72 of them shipped on the 10th!!!!!!

I'll pick up one on the 10th, take pictures and see who wants them.

Rich
sweet rich! you rule. guess i should ask at my local costco and see if they're expecting a shipment too. thanks for the tip!!!

-gary
Posted by: xcanuk

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 04/06/02 05:59 AM

More than likely it will filter to all the stores within a month.. same thing happens here

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 04/06/02 07:33 AM

I havent had the chance to check out the Costco's in my area yet. There are two of them
Any of you NY guys know if the Old Westbury one will have them?

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 04/06/02 09:20 AM

Rich -

Im down here in Cherry Hill, and wanted to get a set of these :p
Can you email me when you go and send you some $$$ smile or something of that nature; I would join it to get these and shop there, but there are none down here frown

ttys - Joe
Posted by: DeepSIX

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 07:45 AM

Ok... I got these covers (2 sets) and they look great without the price!

I did what krisjon did when installing the rear. Not perfect fit but good enough for $20!

They have red, blue and light-light green but to some might be grey!

Here's my first attempt to post pictures using Superjens server.

cool
Posted by: xcanuk

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 07:51 AM

So the rear are really front covers ? Looks like my wife will have a sewing/alteration project if they make it to this side of the border.
Posted by: bjdean16

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 07:55 AM

Thanks for the pic. Those look pretty good for the $. I'll have to check here in Houston to see if they have made it here yet.

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 08:47 AM

so how did you get the back 1's on???
because they are 2 separate pieces...

Quote:
Originally posted by DeepSIX:
Ok... I got these covers (2 sets) and they look great without the price!

I did what krisjon did when installing the rear. Not perfect fit but good enough for $20!

They have red, blue and light-light green but to some might be grey!

Here's my first attempt to post pictures using Superjens server.

cool

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 09:11 AM

Those are pretty SWEET!!! Does anyone know what the logo on the headrest says??

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 09:19 AM

i think it says wetsuit...
mine didn't come w/a logo embroidered just a tag.

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 09:26 AM

Cool, thanks for the reply
By the way, anychance some one could take a pic of how the fitting is behind the front seats??
Posted by: DeepSIX

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 02:11 PM

It says 'WetSeat' on mine. As for the back, it covers almost half way from the top and a velcro-type belt to secure it around the lower back. These are one piece, not two.

cool

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 03:51 PM

Hey gang..
these are exactly what I am looking for;
and for $40 total, it beats anything that can come close..
what are they like to sit in?

Would anyone be interested in getting me a complete set?

send me a note and we can work out the details smile

Joe
Posted by: gmann

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 04:29 PM

they are in san jose!

i just picked up a pair at the costco near SJ airport on De La Cruz. 18.99. i'll try with the fit tonight. alright, just wanted to let you guys kno..
Posted by: imacsae

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 05:13 PM

Do they have these for the back seats as well. If so how do they look, does anyone have a pic? I have the nissan front seat covers and just need the rear.
Posted by: Powerguy38

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 05:41 PM

Quote:
Do they have these for the back seats as well. If so how do they look, does anyone have a pic? I have the nissan front seat covers and just need the rear.
ummm, look at the second page of this thread. [Wave]

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 05:55 PM

Geez, I guess I've created a frenzy now.

Maybe I should have worked out a profit-sharing plan with Costco :p

Thanks to DeepSix for getting some pics up...I told you guys they were pretty sweet for $19 a set (even if the rears need a little tugging / customizing to fit. You can actually get them to fit better than the pic). I'm real happy with mine so far.

Enjoy!

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 08:27 PM

Are there anyone who's kind enough to help me ship a set here in FL please? Come on guys, help a brother out!

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 08:35 PM

If I were a rich man, I'd buy that lot that's coming to my Costco on the 10th, and Ebay em smile

I can probably handle getting about 10 sets, so anyone that's local or not so local, let me know if you want some.

Later,

Rich

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 06/06/02 10:35 PM

I'm out of town until the middle of next week, but if there's still some available at the Costcos around here, I'll pick up and ship to those who can't get them.

I'll post when I'm back and we can work it out through PayPal or something.

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 07/06/02 04:22 AM

yes, let me know Rich and Jon, i'll be interested in getting a set for my X. Thanks!e-mail me!
Posted by: Kirby

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 07/06/02 08:52 AM

I'll pipe in and say I'm definitely interested in a set.. ..let me know if/when someone gets them and how they want paid.
Posted by: GrumpyTom

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 07/06/02 10:12 PM

I just picked up a set at the Costco at the south end of Hwy 85 in San Jose (they didn't have them at the San Mateo store). While they fit ok for the back seats (I already have the Nissan fronts), they're definitely not perfect. I'll try to get a photo of them up tomorrow. Can't beat them for $20 though!
Posted by: altima

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 09/06/02 06:42 AM

Quote:
Not sure if it's just a local thing here in Southern California, but I just picked up 2 sets of neoprene seat covers at Costco for $18.98 a pair!!!

I know what you're thinking, what a dumb ass right? The front ones look like shit and look almost identical to the Nissan ones.

I got grey /black, becuase I'm cheap.

The rears are a little harder to get to fit because I am gay and weak!

Hell, for $40 total, who can beat it? If I can get a hold of a digital camera I'll post some gay pics of me.

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 09/06/02 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by altima:
Quote:
[b]Not sure if it's just a local thing here in Southern California, but I just picked up 2 sets of neoprene seat covers at Costco for $18.98 a pair!!!

I know what you're thinking, what a dumb ass right? The front ones look like shit and look almost identical to the Nissan ones.

I got grey /black, becuase I'm cheap.

The rears are a little harder to get to fit because I am gay and weak!

Hell, for $40 total, who can beat it? If I can get a hold of a digital camera I'll post some gay pics of me.
[/b]
Ian, can you ban this guy already????
This post makes no sense, what are you trying to show? Your intelligence in being able to add a few words and alter a post? wow, congrats [Finger]

Anyway, to the NY guys. I was at the Old Westbury Costco yesterday and they didnt have the seat covers so i guess the last chance to get them is the one in Suffolk. I did, however, pick up some Zymol wax, it seemed like a good deal, two large bottles of wax for about 15 bucks (i think, im not sure of the exact amount)
Posted by: mariner

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 09/06/02 12:54 PM

For that price you can't lose,I would sure be interested in a set . Is there anyone out tyheir from the Bellingham Washington area. who has been into that Costco. Might have to make a road trip aand check put their supply
Posted by: Viper X

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 09/06/02 01:13 PM

be carefula bout the zymol wax at costco.. It's just cleaner wax, so it is abraisive. It's probally about the same as the Megauir's cleaner wax, which there is plenty of info about on this board. They do have 1 gallon of zymol wash concentrate for $6
Posted by: spooky1

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 09/06/02 08:17 PM

Just went to Costco today and they have a ton of them. Three color choices, red, black or blue all with grey accents. $18.99 /set.

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 09/06/02 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Viper X:
be carefula bout the zymol wax at costco.. It's just cleaner wax, so it is abraisive. It's probally about the same as the Megauir's cleaner wax, which there is plenty of info about on this board. They do have 1 gallon of zymol wash concentrate for $6
Pardon my ignorance, but whats a cleaner wax?

About the Seat Covers, has anyone spilled anything on them, to see if they really are water proof?
Posted by: airbutchie

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 09/06/02 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by spooky1:
Just went to Costco today and they have a ton of them. Three color choices, red, black or blue all with grey accents. $18.99 /set.
Same here... Went to three Costco's here in SoCal (Glendale, Puente Hills, and
Montebello) and all of them had tons... The Glendale one had an entire end-cap
filled with them... Sorry East coasters... I'm sure they'll get to that side of the
nation in a few...

- Air B
Posted by: spooky1

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 09/06/02 09:46 PM

If anybody wants any I would be glad to get them for you. You pay cost+shipping. No charge for my services. Just let me know. smile

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 10/06/02 01:58 AM

the cleaner wax removes contamination, swirls etc, but contains abbrasive materials to do so. It is good to wash and dry, the use a cleaner wax if it's been a while and the surface isn't smooth. Using a clay bar before thand can help as well. Then use the cleaner wax, then if you want a polish or glaze then the actual wax.

Using a cleaner wax too often can do damage to the paint. For great instructions either search through the appearance forum or see the RX guide at http://www.meguiars.com/CarRx.cfm
Posted by: G-ZIGN

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 10/06/02 01:57 PM

Not bad...
I'm going to have to check out my local costco.
I wonder if they could be cut and re-sewn to have the headrests seperate from the seat confused

adding the Xterra patches I have wouldn't be a bad idea either.

btw... I still have some of those patches if anybody wants some

well,,, off to costco! [Wave]

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 10/06/02 07:06 PM

well, I picked them up and decided to sew on the patch.
I got to say they fit pretty good. now I just need to find someone with a sewing machine so I can finish the other seats...sewing those patches by hand can be a real pain.

Posted by: docnilay

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 10/06/02 10:56 PM

The patch looks great!!

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 11/06/02 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by spooky1:
If anybody wants any I would be glad to get them for you. You pay cost+shipping. No charge for my services. Just let me know. smile
spooky, check your PM's.

-gary

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 11/06/02 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by docnilay:
The patch looks great!!
I second that opinion... Hey G Zign... You said you had more, right?!
I'd be interested in a couple... I'll do what you did and put them on
the seat covers...

- Air B

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 11/06/02 10:03 AM

Thanks!

I think I'm going to re-sew mine a little higher though...I underestimated the stretch factor of the neoprene, so the patch sits alittle low.
I also cut off the original tag that said cross-country.

who ever needs some can just email me.
Posted by: Axle

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 11/06/02 10:54 AM

Hey G-zign, I have a sewing machine. If you want to send me your seat covers with a couple of extra patches (for labor costs wink ) I'll sew them on for you and mail them back.
Posted by: Rob.T

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 11/06/02 03:01 PM

Costco in Commack LI has them also.Must be spreading like West Nile. Still have to put them on. Looks good in the pictures for the price. Didnt get them for the rear.

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 11/06/02 04:13 PM

rumor has it that a costco somewhere around NYC has them (had them?). a friend picked up a bunch today. indeed, they're coming east!

-gary

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 11/06/02 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by axle59:
Hey G-zign, I have a sewing machine. If you want to send me your seat covers with a couple of extra patches (for labor costs wink ) I'll sew them on for you and mail them back.
thanks for the offer laugh
but I just realized my mom has one.

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 11/06/02 07:31 PM

FINALLY GOT MINE!!!
Called up the Old Westbruy Costco, just got them in today, picked them up as soon as they were shelved!
Looks pretty cool, but the fit around the bottom end, near the belt fastener hole and on the opposite corner, is pretty off, hopefully itll settle down into the corners of the seat
But hey, for twenty bucks, im not complaining!
Posted by: Olegkha

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 12/06/02 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gmr2048:
rumor has it that a costco somewhere around NYC has them (had them?). a friend picked up a bunch today. indeed, they're coming east!

-gary
Gary: i picked them up for you in NJ wink

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 12/06/02 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by G-ZIGN:
Quote:
[b]Hey G-zign, I have a sewing machine. If you want to send me your seat covers with a couple of extra patches (for labor costs wink ) I'll sew them on for you and mail them back.
thanks for the offer laugh
but I just realized my mom has one.[/b]
All right how much do you want for the patches then?
Posted by: DannyMan

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 12/06/02 09:06 PM

Plenty of the front seat covers at the Costco off Middlefield in Redwood City, CA.

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 12/06/02 09:10 PM

Issaquah, WA too
Posted by: TheRedneckCowboy

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 12/06/02 09:17 PM

wonder why no costco here in iowa....hmmmm wonder if they got them down home in Louisiana does any one know? I got family down there.....Wonder if they would fit my frontier....Xterra seats and Frontier CC front seats the same? Guess i need to call the dealer, if know one know.

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 12/06/02 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TheRedneckCowboy:
wonder why no costco here in iowa....hmmmm wonder if they got them down home in Louisiana does any one know? I got family down there.....Wonder if they would fit my frontier....Xterra seats and Frontier CC front seats the same? Guess i need to call the dealer, if know one know.
The ones sold at costco are universal fit. But im pretty sure that the seats in both trucks are the same, so there shouldnt be any probs with that
Posted by: OrganDonor

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 13/06/02 03:52 AM

My sister in law picked them up for me in San Diego, Calif. She is shipping them to the stix, OK for me. We'll see. For $40 bucks front and rear, cant be that bad. Now my 1 year old can puke as much as he wants on the back seats, and it only takes the washer to get it clean! Yeah, Baby! [LOL]
Posted by: cdog127

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 13/06/02 06:09 AM

Ok.....I am not familiar with any Costcos here in Central Jersey....anyone from the area that has one around them feel like picking me up a set for the front and back? I would appreciate it! Keep me posted!

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 13/06/02 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TheRedneckCowboy:
Wonder if they would fit my frontier....Xterra seats and Frontier CC front seats the same? Guess i need to call the dealer, if know one know.
i've banked on the fact that they're the same. i've got a set due to arrive tomorrow. i'm gonna install them on my 00 CrewCab soon after. i can let you know how well it goes.

-gary
Posted by: S-works

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 13/06/02 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gmr2048:
]
i've banked on the fact that they're the same. i've got a set due to arrive tomorrow. i'm gonna install them on my 00 CrewCab soon after. i can let you know how well it goes.

-gary[/QB][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insite Gary, I'm going to see if they have any at the Costco by my work today. I'll let you know. Thanks for riding last night too. Had a great ride.
Posted by: TheRedneckCowboy

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 13/06/02 10:42 AM

Thanks gmr2048, keep me posted, am curious how they look in the frontier. If thats the case might need to bribe/con some one into getting me a set wink and shipping to me.

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 17/06/02 01:54 PM

hey redneck,

got my covers friday and installed them. i highly recommend them.

they fit pretty well. not perfect, but for $20...what d'ya want? they're well worth the investment.

one nitpick: since it's a single piece, i had to lower my headrests all the way down. might be a concern if you're tall (i am...but the headrest doesn't bug me too much).

-gary
Posted by: UTJMAC

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 17/06/02 02:08 PM

anyone have pics of them installed on the back seats?
John
Posted by: mineralblue

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 17/06/02 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by UTJMAC:
anyone have pics of them installed on the back seats?
John
They were posted on page 2 of this thread...

Posted by: UTJMAC

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 18/06/02 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
They were posted on page 2 of this thread...

Oooppps. Thanks for catching up with the slackers.(me)
John
Posted by: godzillasmith

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 18/06/02 08:26 PM

DOH! I find this thread AFTER our Costco membership has expired!!! [Huh?]

I just searched on EBay and someone is selling them for $55 PLUS 9.99 S&H AWFUL! eek

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 25/06/02 06:36 AM

I got the patches from G-zign yesterday and sewed them on, they look great! cool

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 25/06/02 06:55 AM

Quote:
I got the patches from G-zign yesterday and sewed them on, they look great! cool
Nice "Tiger" steering wheel ya got there Axle... Oh yeah, the patches look good
on the seat covers too... And I'm sorry for being anal, but the passenger seat patch is higher than the drivers one... Just an
observation my friend... It still looks damn good...

- Air B

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 25/06/02 07:54 AM

Hey Gang..

Just got my thru Ryan in AZ, and they fit GREAT, except the backs... mad

Anyone get the back seats to fit better? mine have a gap between the seat corner on the outside edges and the seat cover itself, so its pulled away from the seat. I was going to put some heavy books on it for a weekend to see if it could stretch into place...

Any ideas?? sorry, no pics yet...
Joe

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 25/06/02 09:26 AM

Quote:

Sweeet!
you should try cutting the original lable off of the seat covers. looks much cleaner that way. that's what I did.
Looks good.
laugh
Posted by: AFroman

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 25/06/02 01:23 PM

They just built a new COSTCO right next to me. What's the deal with that place, do I have to pay for a membership like at Sam's Club?
Posted by: bjdean16

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 25/06/02 01:54 PM

We also recently had one built here in Houston. How does it work? Like a Sam's I guess?
Posted by: mineralblue

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 25/06/02 02:12 PM

Yes, Costco works similar to a Sam's Club...
Posted by: lordberzk

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 01/08/02 07:54 PM

Looking for the Xterra Patches. Could someone please point me in the right direction insofar as to purchasing two patches. Also, did anyone changes or do anything to the seats to make them fit better? Let me know

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 02/08/02 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lordberzk:
Looking for the Xterra Patches. Could someone please point me in the right direction insofar as to purchasing two patches. Also, did anyone changes or do anything to the seats to make them fit better? Let me know
Best way is to email G-Zign directly... gzign@hotmail.com
Hope this helps... PEACE!!!

- Air B
Posted by: wongdog

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 02/08/02 10:19 AM

LordBezerk,
Probably the only thing you can do is lower your headrests, since the covers are one piece. That will help a little bit. They should break in and look pretty decent with time and use since neoprene stretches and conforms.

Good Luck!

ChrisW
Posted by: chucka

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 18/08/02 07:25 PM

i just bought mine today, got the last grey/black set. tons of blue and white ones left. btw. i saw these go for over $40 on ebay the same day i bought mine (yes same brand and box). hopefully i will get my patches soon wink
Posted by: gone wheel'n

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 18/08/02 10:45 PM

Wow these seat covers are sure a hit! Before I go check my local costco I just wanted to ask: Can someone post a picture of the back of the front seats with covers on? I'm wondering if the back map pocket on the passanger seat gets covered up. Also, How do you think it would be to cut out a slit into that material so the side map poceket on the passenger seat can still be accessed? One last thing, still not sure is the rear seat cover all one piece?

Thanks
Posted by: chucka

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 19/08/02 05:35 AM

the back pocket is not covered by the cover. i can post a pic later if you are still wanting to see it. truthfully i dont think it will look good if you cut a slit for the other pocket. but you might be able to just pull the cover around a little to put something in there and then put it back.
Posted by: BadaBing

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 24/08/02 08:39 PM

Quote:

I know what you're thinking, POS, right? Hardly. The front ones fit great and look almost identical to the Nissan ones.

I got grey /black, but they also come in red/black and blue/black.

The rears are a little harder to get to fit because of the shape of the seat, but with a little tugging and cinching work pretty well.

Hell, for $40 total, who can beat it? If I can get a hold of a digital camera I'll post some pics.
krisjon:
Did your Costco have covers for the rear seats or did you adapt the front seat covers to the rear seats? I picked up a set of grey/black neoprene covers at my Costco this evening but did not see a set for rear seats.
At any rate, the tip on the seat covers was just what I needed! laugh

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 24/08/02 08:51 PM

Haha, funny I'm on here so I can answer your question right away...

Unlike the factory ones, these are universal fit seat covers, so the ones for the front are the same ones for the rear. They don't fit perfect on the rear because of the shape of the seat, but for less than $20 bucks a set, you can't beat it.

With some tugging and pulling, my rear covers fit ok, but I'm going more for protection than looks.
Posted by: BadaBing

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 24/08/02 08:57 PM

krisjohn:
That's what I needed to know.
I may pick up another pair tommorrow.
Got kids and dogs so a little $ spent for a lot of protection is just the ticket.
Thank ya much. cool

Re: Neoprene seat covers at Costco - 24/08/02 09:09 PM

Not a problem...glad to turn you on to a good bargain. Check a page or two back in this post if you want to see what the covers look like on the rear.

Enjoy.