Question about aftermarket lights

Posted by: Anonymous

Question about aftermarket lights - 20/09/07 07:55 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-130W-KC...sspagenameZWDVW

I was looking at these to fit in the factory fog light holes. Does anyone know if these would mount there?

Re: Question about aftermarket lights - 21/09/07 12:23 AM

they look like they would be mounted on a light bar of sorts

Re: Question about aftermarket lights - 21/09/07 04:26 AM

I bought cheap aftermarket fog lights on ebay and Im not impressed at all. Every now and then one of them will not work and I continuously have to open them up and play around with wiring. You get what you pay for. Some people might say they've had a good experience with lights like those but personally I won't get a cheap pair of lights.

What's worse is the seller advertises a lay away plan for a pair of lights that are 39.99??? that's shady hahah

Re: Question about aftermarket lights - 21/09/07 05:13 AM

Thanks for the opinions. Yeah, after posting the question, I kept going ack and looking at them and you're probably right. you get what you pay for. So, the search continues.

Re: Question about aftermarket lights - 21/09/07 07:17 AM

Has anyone found a light (fog or driving) that fits well in the factory location? I saw a post of an owner that had the IPF's in there. Has anyone else had any other luck finding something that fits properly?

Edit to add: 2nd Gen X

Re: Question about aftermarket lights - 24/09/07 09:20 AM

PIAA 510's fit nicely.. not flush like the factory lights but fits in there rather nicely.

Re: Question about aftermarket lights - 24/09/07 11:16 AM

PIAA 510's huh? do you have a pic of what they look like installed?

Re: Question about aftermarket lights - 24/09/07 11:21 AM

Here is a link to a pic of my Xterra. http://bp1.blogger.com/_szQsWS3uVuc/RrFHXnNU8vI/AAAAAAAAAAY/iQ--BVRmszE/s1600-h/xte rra2.jpg

Re: Question about aftermarket lights - 24/09/07 06:46 PM

I just got those same lights and am looking for a good spot to drill for the mounts. Where did you drill the hole for yours? I'd like to put them behind the opening if possible.

Thanks.

Re: Question about aftermarket lights - 25/09/07 07:09 AM

I just drilled into the bumper. I am not sure you could mount them behind the holes without fabing some kind of bar or bracket.

Re: Question about aftermarket lights - 25/09/07 09:34 AM

so did you just screw into the plastic of the bumper cover then? do you happen to have any pictures of these at all? thanks in advance

Mike

Re: Question about aftermarket lights - 25/09/07 09:51 AM

I dont have any photos of installing the lights. Remove the caps, the brackets for the lights are at the bottom of the light assempley, drill a hole for the bolt for the bracket to go into the bumper, there is a nut that goes on, so that will require pull back the wheel well, bolt it on tight, install the lights on the bracket, run the wiring, I plugged mine into the box under the hood, then run the switch to the dash.