'NISSAN' emblem

Posted by: Anonymous

'NISSAN' emblem - 10/11/05 05:51 PM

I want to make my rear 'nissan' emblem black or black-ish. I saw the emblem on courtesyparts.com but its $52. thats pretty expensive for an emblem. but it is very nice.
black chrome emblem

If i was to spray paint my nissan emblem black and maybe finish it with a coat of lacquer, how would i get the black paint to stay on evenly onto the chrome polished stock emblem?

Re: 'NISSAN' emblem - 10/11/05 05:55 PM

Well, first of all, don't use laquer. It will melt the plastic. The emblem is plastic. You could sand down and rough up the chrome on the plastic and paint it with a gloss paint. For rattle cans, I like Krylon. The stuff goes on well, tends not to run, and the overspray melts right in. laugh

Re: 'NISSAN' emblem - 10/11/05 10:26 PM

yeah, they have nice black metallic spray paint.......i did it on my last car and it came out pretty good..........

Re: 'NISSAN' emblem - 11/11/05 11:26 PM

eek $52? wow thats um... ouch
I think the spray paint would work.

Re: 'NISSAN' emblem - 11/11/05 11:35 PM

yea, but you'd probably have to get new adhesive for the emblem, too. that will probably be a huge hassle.

Re: 'NISSAN' emblem - 12/11/05 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eli:
yea, but you'd probably have to get new adhesive for the emblem, too. that will probably be a huge hassle.
epoxy or high strength double side tape

Re: 'NISSAN' emblem - 13/11/05 12:39 AM

I'd give some of that spray running light tint a shot. It's called "Night Shades" bout 4 bucks a can.