xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page)

Posted by: Anonymous

xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 24/01/05 06:24 PM

just wanting to know if the xterra seat covers from the dealer are worth the money. do they hold up after months of gettignin and out of the X. also if you have a pic of them in your X please post.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 24/01/05 06:27 PM

I was just about to ask the same question. I was also wondering if these neoprene seat covers are worth the $145. Thanks.
Posted by: rrdstarr

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 24/01/05 06:43 PM

TRY SEARCH!

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 24/01/05 07:35 PM

Yeah, there worth it in my case. I do construction work p/t and its also less to worry about when I'm the D.D. on the weekend. On a related note the cup holders work great, my friend who claims "he will be careful" well... wasn't. but seat covers saved that. Got mine used for $80. They had small holes where the seat belts must have rubbed but for 80 bucks I'll accept that. I'll post picture as soon as I remeber to take some.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 25/01/05 06:40 AM

About 99.9% of the people on this board that have them, love them.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 25/01/05 07:42 AM

I have had my seat covers for three to four years. Still look new. Would buy them again if I needed to.
Posted by: jerseydevi1

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 25/01/05 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NavyDoc:
I have had my seat covers for three to four years. Still look new. Would buy them again if I needed to.
^^^Yeah, what he said^^^

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 25/01/05 08:34 AM

Thanks guys for the info.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 25/01/05 08:40 AM

one of the best investments yet for my xterra......one of my dogs jumped on the front seat the other day with dog shit all over her front paws mad .........off they came into the washer, dried and ready to go back on that night looking like new.......and I could still drive the X all day while they dried .............great investment! laugh

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 25/01/05 10:00 AM

yea that was probably the best interior investment i have ever made...take a look at mine...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/612915
Posted by: buffalo

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 25/01/05 10:34 AM

Had mine for over 4 years now, was working on my x and laid my flashlight on the front passenger seat, didn't realize that the flashlight had corroded batteries and was leaking battery acid. the acid ate through the cloth but not through the neoprene, saved my factory cloth seats, I now have a whole for over a year in my seat cover about 3 inches in diameter but it hasn't spread or become worse, even with constant passnegers. Enough said.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 25/01/05 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:
laid my flashlight on the front passenger seat, didn't realize that the flashlight had corroded batteries and was leaking battery acid.
Yikes. eek

Good thing you didn't lay it in your lap or something.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 25/01/05 11:50 AM

so the front actually comes in 4 peices, 2 for the headrest and 2 for the actual seats??

im thinking this might be the next thing i buy for the X, seeing as nobody has any complaints about them
Posted by: ripcurl2151

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 25/01/05 12:10 PM

Yes, 2 pieces for the headrests and 2 for the seats.

Definitely get them. I love mine for when I get out of the ocean from bodyboarding. Keeps the factory seats clean, and these dry much faster. Same thing when I go skiing.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 25/01/05 06:09 PM

now i have a question, i'm thinkin about ordering a set for the fronts and back from the nissan web site, but whats the difference between the ones with lumbar, and the ones without?

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 25/01/05 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mudx4x4:
now i have a question, i'm thinkin about ordering a set for the fronts and back from the nissan web site, but whats the difference between the ones with lumbar, and the ones without?
A hole for the lever. [Freak]
Posted by: Rickster43

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 26/01/05 06:00 AM

Had mine for around 6 months now...Love them...I do alot of Running, Jogging, and Mountain Biking...and after a good sweaty workout those Seat Covers come in handy...

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 26/01/05 01:53 PM

i ordered mine today from nissan, and they will here on monday, and the ,lumbar support covers give you a little extra room for the lumbar bulge, and they are the same price

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 26/01/05 02:29 PM

I'm getting some too.

The only difference for the "lumbar" seat covers is the cut out on the side of the covers to accomodate the knob that adjusts the lumbar support.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 26/01/05 08:08 PM

I was picking up a date last saturday night for the first time, upon opening the door for her into my Xterra she uttered the words 'NIIICE'. After the date she got to see the rear-seat covers as well. I can definite attest to the greatness of these seat covers. Im picking her up again tommorow night. Take this with a grain of salt, it might just be my incredible good looks.

I also wanted to show how much I got mine for at my dealership in case you guys start to compare prices. $118.00 for the front covers, and $119 for the rear seats.

http://www.nissanperformance.net/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?key=XTRA1039&preadd=action

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 28/01/05 08:18 AM

the one thing im worried about is wear and tear of getting in and out everyday, i dont want these to get real loose after awhile, or start to come apart after use

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 28/01/05 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PANZER:
After the date she got to see the rear-seat covers as well.
Sorry, but I chuckled when I read that. [LOL]

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 28/01/05 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 04xterra:
the one thing im worried about is wear and tear of getting in and out everyday, i dont want these to get real loose after awhile, or start to come apart after use
Better the cover than the seat. Don't put too much thought into them they are great. They may be a little loose at first, but after time they form to the seats really well (washing and drying, and summer heat), I have seen a couple of sets on 00-01's and they have held up really well over years time.

--As for they guy whose date was shown the back seat.--How did the stains wash out?? [LOL]

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 31/01/05 03:27 PM

my covers finally came intoday here is a pic and link

in case pic done work
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/729000-729999/729055_27_full.jpg

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 01/02/05 09:17 PM

Nice pics! They really add a sporty look to the Xterra. Check mine out! I've got both front & rear covers.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 01/02/05 09:29 PM

im gonna get the rear set in march wheni have soem extra money,but so far i am very pleased witht he new covers

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 02/02/05 07:46 AM

Just got my new covers a week ago. They are really nice and I like the look they give the vehicle. They actually brighten up my interior a little bit.
Posted by: BlueSky

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 02/02/05 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Digityzed:
Quote:
Originally posted by PANZER:
[b]After the date she got to see the rear-seat covers as well.
Sorry, but I chuckled when I read that. [LOL] [/b]
Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more. [Smoking]

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 02/02/05 08:08 AM

Quote:
I was picking up a date last saturday night for the first time
This is your FIRST date and she saw the BACK seat!! laugh laugh

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 02/02/05 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffo65:
Quote:
I was picking up a date last saturday night for the first time
This is your FIRST date and she saw the BACK seat!! laugh laugh
where about in st. louis do you live, im about
15 minutes from st. louis, where interstate 255 ends in IL

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 02/02/05 07:19 PM

In regards to the 'REAR-SEAT' cover action.
Yes it was the first date
Yes cleaning is a swift
Yes she's crazy about the Xterra
And yes 'she' is a joy to drive

I showed her this forum and to my surprise she loved the fact that I discussed our first date with total strangers. Diiirty....just like my Xterra....I LOVE IT.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 02/02/05 07:41 PM

^^ um yea um

ok anyway, are the seat covers pretty form fitting or are they lose and have bubble pockets so to speak in them?
Posted by: Xterra Kid 2003

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 02/02/05 08:11 PM

^^ They are form fitting and they dont have any "air pockets" to speak of. The front seats the cover is kinda tight across the back so it gives the seat a "flat" look per say, its visible in all the pics if you look at them. I love mine they have come in very handy and when it comes time to sell the X or keep it forever the seats will always look brand new. Alot of people complain that the fabric on the seats fray from getting in and out frequently, I so far havent had a problem at all with the seat covers wearing or aging.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 02/02/05 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jparf:
^^ um yea um

ok anyway, are the seat covers pretty form fitting or are they lose and have bubble pockets so to speak in them?
Did you see the pics everyone posted? Both front and back seat covers are skin tight. It's because of the neoprene "wet suit" meterial they use which gives them a much better fit and feel than conventional seat covers.

The trade off for this tight fit is that they are a pain in the ass to put on, especially the rear seat covers.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 03/02/05 06:39 AM

Yea, I like the skin tight feel. They feel great for those times that you get caught out naked and you have to ride around in you xterra bare ass....you all know what i mean? They feel great for doing that. There definitely worth getting just for that reason.....

hahhaah

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 03/02/05 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bonedog:
Quote:
Originally posted by jparf:
[b]^^ um yea um

Did you see the pics everyone posted? Both front and back seat covers are skin tight. It's because of the neoprene "wet suit" meterial they use which gives them a much better fit and feel than conventional seat covers.

The trade off for this tight fit is that they are a pain in the ass to put on, especially the rear seat covers.[/b]
pictures can be deceiving....

thank you all for your responses.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 03/02/05 07:12 AM

I assume they are easy to put on like other seat covers, or do you have to wrestle with them to get them on?
Posted by: Coop

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 03/02/05 07:34 AM

The 2003 and 2004 seats have a lumbar adjustment on the right side of the driver's seat. There's a hole in the cover for it to fit through. If you get a set of 03'-04 seat covers for your '01, you'll have a hole there. Otherwise they'd work fine I think.

You can find a good deal on them every now and again in the buy and sell forum. I picked up both the front and rear from a member here for $100. They had a spot or two on them, but just pop 'em in the washer and they're as good as new.

And yes, excellent investment. I tossed a soda bottle on the passenger seat last week that wasn't completely closed, and looked over and saw a pool on the seat. Nothing leaked through, and it cleaned up fine. They look pretty good too.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 03/02/05 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Granite04xe:
I assume they are easy to put on like other seat covers, or do you have to wrestle with them to get them on?
your gonna have to wrestle to get them on, but its not to bad, both sides took me
10 minutes to get put on.
Posted by: Xterra Kid 2003

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 03/02/05 12:55 PM

It takes me maybe 5-7 minutes to get front and rears on. I have taken them on and off a few times though so its kinda routine. The first time trying to figure out how everything works and reading all the directions it took maybe 25.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 04/02/05 05:21 AM

thats what I thought, I plan on getting some here in a few months to get ready for kayaking this spring.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 05/02/05 03:29 PM

I want to modify a set for the 2002 X that do not have the holes for side adjustments and the lumbar lever. My understanding is that the holes are elasticized so you can stretch them over the knobs.

Here's the question:

I know I need to punch some holes in these myself to allow the knobs to go through, but can the knobs be taken off and then put back on once the "stems" go through the modified holes? If so, how do you take them off? Do they unscrew, pop off?

Since the modified covers will not have the elasticized holes, I'm thinking this would do the least damage to the covers.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 05/02/05 05:17 PM

Quote:
The ones for the lumber have a hole in the right side of the drivers seat for the small lever that controls the lumber. I think that's the only difference.

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 06/02/05 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gbizzle:
Quote:
[b]now i have a question, i'm thinkin about ordering a set for the fronts and back from the nissan web site, but whats the difference between the ones with lumbar, and the ones without?
The ones for the lumber have a hole in the right side of the drivers seat for the small lever that controls the lumber. I think that's the only difference.[/b]
i think there is a little extra space between the cover and the seat for when the lumbar is used?

Re: xterra seat covers(UPDATED WITH PIC/last page) - 06/02/05 01:36 PM

thats the only difference