off road lights

Posted by: Anonymous

off road lights - 31/05/06 10:33 AM

I wanted to mount some offroad lights to my 06' OR(KC, piaa, etc). I did not want to use a brush guard or bull bar for a mounting point due to the fact that they diminish the approach angle. what have some people done in the past? is there another way to put lights up front? if not would a hole have to be drilled in the roof to run power for roof mounted lights?

Re: off road lights - 31/05/06 01:15 PM

it is possible to get a piece of angle iron and drill holes and use the existing rack to mount everything.. As far as running power to it you can run it through the drivers side door or drill through the roof.. I did mine inside the air dam and used the load of silicone on it to prevent rust/leaks. No problems as of yet. Also try to do a search in this section you will be able to find the load of info...
Posted by: RI Xterra

Re: off road lights - 31/05/06 01:57 PM

*off topic* join the NEXterra forums.. wink

Re: off road lights - 31/05/06 04:38 PM

NEXTerra rules!!
Posted by: BigE515

Re: off road lights - 31/05/06 11:09 PM

x2 [Wave]

Re: off road lights - 01/06/06 11:12 AM

Don't know about the '05's and '06's but on earlier years there's two bolts that hold on the fron facia on the bottom of the bumper. These bolts can be removed and the holes enlarged slightly for lights. That's how I did my Hella's up front. Works great. Maybe you can do something similar on the newer years?

Also, x3 on NEXterra (and I'm from Michigan)!

-G-

Re: off road lights - 01/06/06 11:15 AM

Mikey,

X3. Actually the section you search under here is a couple of topics down under "Stereo, Communications and Electrical" wink There is plenty of info on running lights, etc. Also, I wrote a "how to" on this topic for the NEXterra site. I'd provide a link but the last time I tried that, the servers got overloaded [Freak]
here's a link on this site to get you started:

light bar

Barry [Wave]