Brakes - Whats a good rotor/pad combo?

Posted by: Ravzilla

Brakes - Whats a good rotor/pad combo? - 20/07/11 01:53 AM

So I'm looking to replace my stock rotors and pads this time around. I found tons of different rotors and pads out there. You guys have any thoughts on whats a good setup?? Bendix and Centric rotors are $40 online... are these totally crap? Or Powerstop crossdrilled & slotted rotors with ceramic pads for $194. Whats worked well for you guys??
Posted by: e207

Re: Brakes - Whats a good rotor/pad combo? - 20/07/11 02:16 PM

I cant remember the name, or seller, but I bought a set of ceramic pads and a new set of rotors from an auction on ebay, got everything for 80 bucks, have them on for about almost two years now, loving them so far. If I can find the info, I will post it up for you.
Posted by: AndyGS4

Re: Brakes - Whats a good rotor/pad combo? - 22/07/11 12:36 AM

Never buy crossdrilled. Crossdrilling is an art that few do properly, and if they are not perfect the rotors will start cracking after the first time they are really heated up.

Better to avoid.
Posted by: ProjectPatt587

Re: Brakes - Whats a good rotor/pad combo? - 25/07/11 08:24 AM

If you buy a reputable name of rotor there is no need to fear a cross-drilled and slotted rotor. They actually do provide better breaking performance and that is why they are run on race cars... just sayin.. and if you want a quality pad ceramic is always the way to go.
Posted by: Ravzilla

Re: Brakes - Whats a good rotor/pad combo? - 26/07/11 01:02 AM

Well I've ordered the Powerstop kit, drilled & slotted rotors with ceramic pads. they're getting excellent reviews online so I'm gonna try it out...
I think they're temperature treated to -300 degrees...to avoid cracking and warping. $194 for the whole kit at auto anything.