Hi-Lift jack mount

Posted by: EricD

Hi-Lift jack mount - 26/01/12 12:30 PM

Hey all.
Santa brought me a Hi-Lift jack on christmas. I need some ideas on how to mount it. I have the stock tube roof racks on my 2011 Pro 4X. I'm currently saving for a Shrock (or comparable) rear bumber with a mount, but until then I need to keep it on the roof. I want something that doesn't need tools to take the jack down when needed. And I want a quick release type mount on the racks so when not wheeling, there are no brackets. I thought of using theater type lighting mounts, or hospital traction O clamps. I have seen the mounts that Hi-Lift and some other companies sell....I dont want to spend $90 for something I can make or rig. (saving for the bumpers!)
Hoping you guys can show pics of how you mount it, or what you've made. Thanks.
...oh yeah, before I get blasted....I did try a search but this forums search option is ...how should I say?.....SLACKING.
Posted by: slantyshanty

Re: Hi-Lift jack mount - 27/01/12 10:03 AM

Well I seriously doubt you want to go drilling holes in your new X (well most people don't want to anyway... I never had that problem) But I did not want to try and lift my hilift up to the roof and possibly drop it on the roof/paint or God forbid through the window. So, I went to home depot and got a piece of steel, 4 bolts, and a few smaller bolts with wing nuts and such. I believe the whole cost was around $15? The steel was cut into 4 pieces, 2 on each side, and bolted through the steel bumper. Then I cut the plastic cap to fit. May not win a beauty contest but works great. I suppose you could just buy the "A" shaped mounts with the bolt in the center but what fun would that be?

Now I know this location isn't for everyone but as you can see, I apparently didn't own a tape measure when I ordered my hilift?! lol (But there have been a few times when I am glad I had this big bastard!)

Posted by: spada1

Re: Hi-Lift jack mount - 14/05/12 08:05 AM

Thanks to this website. The information and knowledge. And shared many experiences.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Hi-Lift jack mount - 16/05/12 05:53 PM

http://fourtreks.com/hi_lift_roll_bar_mounts_1_75_.html