Rain guards

Posted by: EricD

Rain guards - 27/01/12 09:38 AM

Does anyone have those rain shields or wind guards or whatever they are called on the side windows??
I just picked them up from my dealership to get home and realize they are the under the weatherstrip kind. I thought they were the stick on kind. I've heard that they cause problems with the window closing and leaks.
Anyone have any insight? Should I return them and get the stick on aftermarket kind?? Thanks
Posted by: 52

Re: Rain guards - 27/01/12 09:42 AM

I have had the in-channel rain guards since i bought my X in 03. Never had a leak. Sometimes the windows slow down when the hit the top of the window but now terrible. As the embed into the weather stripping on the truck that became less of an issue.
Posted by: RNTKnives

Re: Rain guards - 27/01/12 06:09 PM

Shouldn't cause an issue. Be sure to clean the contact area REAL GOOD!

Jeff!
Posted by: Nissan_MasterTech

Re: Rain guards - 13/02/12 04:11 PM

The ones from the dealer are a combination of "under the weatherstrip" and "stick on" kind.

They are superior rainguards/wind deflectors.

It takes a little more effort and time to install them but you won't be sorry after your done.

Like RNT said, clean the pressure sensative tape contact area well, the instructions recommend using denatured alcohol.
Posted by: Matt E

Re: Rain guards - 08/05/12 03:08 AM

I bought a set from Sportsman's Guide. They have the tape and fit in-channel. To avoid window problems, I had my wife close the windows as I made sure they closed all the way, pulling on the deflectors as the windows were closed. Leave the windows closed for at least 24 hours in order for everything to conform.
Posted by: konglo

Re: Rain guards - 16/03/13 01:34 AM

Like RNT said, clean the pressure sensative tape contact area well, the instructions recommend using denatured alcohol.