Cracked rear taillight

Posted by: PoorBoy

Cracked rear taillight - 19/02/04 10:04 AM

Well, I don't know how it happend, but I came back to my truck after class today and there were a bunch of random scratches and a cracked right taillight. VERY FRUSTERATING. But, moving on. My question is, is there really a difference between the 00-01 taillights and the 02-03? Looked them up on XterraParts.com and they have seperate ones... I had planned to get them off of ebay since they are half the price there, but I don't want to buy something that may not work right...
Thanks
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Cracked rear taillight - 19/02/04 12:49 PM

Physically, I doubt it. It's probably a wiring/electrical difference and since they're sold with the bulbs, sockets, and several inches of wiring with a connector on the end, I'll guess that's what differs. I'll bet you can remove the bulbs from the new one and attach your old ones to it.

Brent
Posted by: rb42

Re: Cracked rear taillight - 19/02/04 01:29 PM

Considering the styling changes on those years, I wouldn't do it without researching it more. Go into a parts shop and tell em you got an 01 lens for free but wanted to know if it will work before starting on it... They should be able to bring both of them out for comparison.

-=RB
Posted by: ClaptoVaughn

Re: Cracked rear taillight - 19/02/04 11:10 PM

www.xterraparts.com refers to 2000-2001 tail lights seperately from 2002-2004. odd, i wonder what changed?
Posted by: Ramness

Re: Cracked rear taillight - 20/02/04 12:02 AM

Anyone with a 2000-2001 that can post a pic? I can post a pic of the socket of a 2003...

I checked my dealer’s website and they show the same light for 00-03 and charge $104 for it.
Posted by: Paul H

Re: Cracked rear taillight - 20/02/04 06:21 AM

Yeah what do you want a picture of the socket or the wires?