rear windsheild wiper chipping

Posted by: Anonymous

rear windsheild wiper chipping - 06/05/05 04:29 AM

So I guess the powder coating on my rear windsheild wiper is chipping off pretty bad. It is almost all just plain metal. Has this happeneed to anyone? I would imagine the only way to remedy the problem would be to take it off and Rustoleum it or osmething but I can't figure out for the life of me how I would go about doing that.
Posted by: trwinship

Re: rear windsheild wiper chipping - 06/05/05 06:18 AM

There used to be a couple of postings on how to remove the rear wiper for repainting, but I couldn't find them when I did a brief search. However, to be truthful, given the potential for damaging the wiper arm and the shaft, and the fact that pretty much anything you use to repaint the arm is going to come off again anyway, I've always used this method: get a large-tipped permanent black magic marker and just color the thing in. After a day or two nobody will notice that it's not painted and the bare metal will be colored. When it wears off (which takes quite a while, considering) just touch it up.
Posted by: Lightning

Re: rear windsheild wiper chipping - 06/05/05 06:38 AM

If I remember right, the posts from the past about this topic said they used a small pulley puller or steering wheel puller to remove the wiper. You can get them from the local Auto Zone or the like for about $3.00.

edit: I stand corrected by Brent.... it was a battery terminal puller, or a small pulley puller.