Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.

Posted by: Matt Peckham

Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 16/11/04 03:51 AM

19.99 for a 30\' y 3" strap!
Posted by: Marmatt

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 16/11/04 05:46 AM

Great Deal! Thanks for the info, I just ordered one. Less than $23.00 with shipping. Five trucks for you...

-Matt
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 16/11/04 05:48 AM

Would those be any good to help pull cars out of the snow?
Posted by: RI Xterra

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 16/11/04 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mostly_Harmless:
Would those be any good to help pull cars out of the snow?
More than good....

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 16/11/04 06:29 AM

Matt thanks for posting that...That's actually a good deal.I went ahead and ordered 2 new ones to replace my old nasty ones. wink
Posted by: BurgPath

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 16/11/04 07:57 AM

Sent the link to my wife. Santa is gonna bring me 2. smile

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 16/11/04 12:23 PM

thanks!!

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 16/11/04 02:00 PM

Thanks... bought myself one
Posted by: BOOM

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 16/11/04 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Peckham:
19.99 for a 30\' y 3" strap!
LOOK AGAIN they are at 29.99 for the same ones there pal.....

butt><<><><> if you call yeat on today tuesday 16 as of 510pm wis TIME>>> they are 19.99

so do what you need to do .. buddy....

LATER>>>

[Wave] [Wave]
BOOM

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 16/11/04 10:26 PM

I need to get a strap, but I havent looked around much. Thats still a pretty good buy on the 2" 30ft. strap, no?

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 17/11/04 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ProlificX:
I need to get a strap, but I havent looked around much. Thats still a pretty good buy on the 2" 30ft. strap, no?
Throw in an extra $10 and get the 3"x30'. You won't be disappointed.
Posted by: Matt Peckham

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 17/11/04 04:48 PM

wish I got in on this one. they are up to 49.99!!!

You snooze, you lose. Didn't realize they were THAT cheap.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 17/11/04 07:05 PM

Wow. I hope they dont try and get out of the 19.99 and say it was a misprint or some shit.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 17/11/04 07:32 PM

i got a 3' by 20 foot 20,000lb one at wal mart for around $25... worth checking out if you are around one..

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 17/11/04 08:56 PM

I'm sure they didnt expect it to hit a forum and have so many people try to buy them all at once. They jacked the price up twice in two days!

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 17/11/04 09:00 PM

Hey guys check ebay a guy sells them on there for 20 bucks got steal hooks on each side to!

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 17/11/04 09:08 PM

NO MAX NOOOO...hehe

straps with hooks are bad. at least they arent for offroad recovery. if a strap breaks, the hook will fly at outrageous speeds and can do serious damage.

okay guys...max has learned his lesson, now dont flame him.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 17/11/04 09:27 PM

they have clips on them though...ohh yeah and here are some more pro comps Pro Comp

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 17/11/04 09:30 PM

My was 20000 lbs but these kind of hooks arnt good Tow strap Hooks Only
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 18/11/04 06:57 AM

Seriously, just get the one(s) in the original post, why mention these other ones on Ebay that aren't even comparable?
Posted by: Ramstein92

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 18/11/04 12:15 PM

For a moment I thought this was about an SWXC event you attended. smile

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 18/11/04 03:46 PM

got mine today for $22.77, but i have read that they are screaming misprint and jacking prices up!, that sucks

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 19/11/04 07:53 AM

Guys just to add tp the deal...for this weekend only they are still offering it for $19.99 plus they are giving an extra 10% off plus free shipping...Damn good price...
Posted by: spalind

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 19/11/04 08:31 AM

just ordered my 2x30 for $37 shipping included...not bad...

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 28/11/04 03:10 PM

Has anyone who bought them at the nice low price gotten theirs? I haven't.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 28/11/04 04:06 PM

i called last tuesday asking why i hadnt gotten mine yet. they said that the same day i ordered (probably friday or saturday, dont remember) about 800-900 other people ordered also. they ran out and had to order more. he said that mine was going to ship out that day (tuesday) so if i dont get it tomorrow i am going to call again and get a tracking number from them.
Posted by: Marmatt

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 28/11/04 04:44 PM

I was wondering the same thing and got an email a few days before Thanksgiving with a tracking number. Left CA then, will hopefully be in VT on the (expected) 2nd. No rush, it's not like I've got time to go 'wheeling.

-Matt

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 28/11/04 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Kjellin:
Hey guys check ebay a guy sells them on there for 20 bucks got steal hooks on each side to!
The Pro Comp straps are recovery straps.
The ebay straps are tow straps.

There is a big difference in the situations each should be used in.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 29/11/04 06:33 AM

I have yet to get a tracking #, will give them a call today.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 02/12/04 06:16 PM

so...has anybody gotten their straps yet or at least a tracking number? i still havent gotten anything from them, and since my card was actually charged the day i ordered, i am wondering if i will ever see my strap.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 02/12/04 07:16 PM

Don’t tow straps usually break when you use them for recovering stuck vehicles? Every time I’ve used one it always snaps.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 02/12/04 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by badercarma:
Don’t tow straps usually break when you use them for recovering stuck vehicles? Every time I’ve used one it always snaps.
I JERKED the Living shit out of my buddies Jeep when he was stuck in mud for 2 days, it was a pro comp recovery strap, no probs.

They sort of act like "rubber bands", they are designed to stretch/rebound.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 03/12/04 08:45 PM

Mine came in. Have to wait till XMas to get them from 'Santa'. frown

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 04/12/04 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SwmBkeRunBarista:
so...has anybody gotten their straps yet or at least a tracking number? i still havent gotten anything from them, and since my card was actually charged the day i ordered, i am wondering if i will ever see my strap.
I got mine a couple of days ago.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 04/12/04 03:30 PM

i recieved min in like 7 or 8 days [Smoking]

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 04/12/04 05:20 PM

I called them yesterday and was told the 3"x30' strap was backordered and that they wouldn't have it in stock until 12/17. I wouldn't plan on it coming to me untill Jan. They did ask if I wanted to cancel, but the price on the strap was too good to cancel, since I saw some in a 4wheel store the same day for $85.00 so I'm willing to wait.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 06/12/04 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by badercarma:
That's why you don't use them as recovery straps. Hope nobody got hurt when they snapped.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 09/12/04 08:10 PM

If anyone missed out, the prices are back down to sweet deals.. I ordered one the other day and it is in transit already! [ThumbsUp]

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 10/12/04 05:52 AM

I got my 2"x30ft. in about a week or so ago...only took like a week or 10 days to come in...very happy...very high quality strap...

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 28/12/04 10:09 AM

Finally got to see mine. Wife hid them from me as they were an XMas present. Wow, thing is heavy and looks really durable. Well worth the $!

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 28/12/04 05:47 PM

i got the 30' by 3" strap (mine is yellow with no wording on it that i can see while it's still rolled up).

is there ever a time that i would need to get a shorter one as well? this sucker is huuuge.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 28/12/04 07:39 PM

Yellow?

You didnt buy the ones listed at the beginning of this post right?
Posted by: PoorBoy

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 28/12/04 09:44 PM

yeah, mine is yellow too, little confused, thought all pro-comp straps were white. I don't care about the color as long as it is a good strap and they didn't send me some crappy one. It's definitely 3x30' though.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 29/12/04 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
Yellow?

You didnt buy the ones listed at the beginning of this post right?
yep...followed that link and bought that one. and i got a yellow one. i figure they substituted it in. below the picture it says 'actual item may appear differently' or something along those lines.

hope it's still a good one.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 29/12/04 09:41 AM

All the Procomp straps I've seen say Procomp on them. Do the ones you got have that? Was it in a box or loose in the shipping box?

My gray straps have blue Procomp lettering and came in black Procomp boxes. Look just like the pic on the web site.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 29/12/04 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
All the Procomp straps I've seen say Procomp on them. Do the ones you got have that? Was it in a box or loose in the shipping box?

My gray straps have blue Procomp lettering and came in black Procomp boxes. Look just like the pic on the web site.
i haven't unrolled it yet, but i'll check it out when i leave work. it was loose in the shipping box with no markings on it. it's definitely yellow..and has nothing on the ends.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 29/12/04 10:40 AM

I think we got taken.... mad Cause my strap doesn't have anything written on it and definitely just came loose in a shipping box. Plus it doesn't have anything on the ends... I got mine as a Christmas present. Not cool.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 29/12/04 11:06 AM

Mine say procomp on them, and also the ends are tied.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 29/12/04 12:15 PM

Just be sure of what you ordered. Check your packing slip against your bill. Maybe they just screwed up and made a mistake.

Oh and each end of the strap is covered in leather too.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 29/12/04 04:14 PM

this is the strap they sent me. I'll have to ask my parents where the shipping info is sense they gave it to me. heh...

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 29/12/04 06:08 PM

yep..got the same one.

it says the same material all the way through the loops and has no markings. as you can see by the paper stuck with it, there is no brand name.

did we get screwed? i mean...$19.99 for a 3" x 30' strap seems pretty good....but i don't know much abou thtem.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 29/12/04 09:37 PM

Yeah, thats a good price for a strap that size. But you paid for Procomp, not Jim Bobs 30K strap. smile

Thats what it should look like. I bought 2 and if mine were like what you got, I'd be giving them a call. But thats just me.... smile

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 30/12/04 04:27 AM

email already sent. but then again, i sent them several emails when it was taking so long to get them....and never heard back. a call will be in order. and i won't be buying from them again.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 30/12/04 08:27 AM

I just got off the phone with 4 Wheel Parts. I ordered the 3" by 30' strap. It is yellow with no markings. They say it is a Pro Comp strap and that it comes directly from them in bulk boxes that say Pro Comp all over them. Maybe some could check with Pro Comp if they have any doubts. They did offer to let me return it if wanted, but I think I'll keep it.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 30/12/04 11:20 AM

Interesting. eek Well I suppose thats the case then, but I'm more of an untrusting soul. I'd contact Procomp myself.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 30/12/04 11:56 AM

does the leather binding on the loops buy you anything?
Posted by: doxman

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 30/12/04 02:25 PM

I ordered a 3" x 30' strap from this deal also, and just got it today. It is yellow, so I decided to call Pro Comp. The guy I spoke to said that it is NOT their product and that they've had numerous calls about it. He said that 4 Wheel Parts ordered all the straps Pro Comp had in stock and that they're (Pro Comp) supposed to get more in from Thailand next month. Seeing as how the tsunami hit Thailand pretty good that might be doubtful. It looks like 4 Wheel Parts is sending out non-Pro Comp straps out and trying to pass them off as the real thing. The sheet that came with mine mentioned the brand "Fiberlink", yet my receipt says Pro Comp. A classic bait and switch move, but I suspect that the only recourse is a refund of all money in full. I'll run it by the attorneys here at work (I work for a decent sized law firm).

EDITED TO ADD: A review by my fellow attorney buds is that it is a bait and switch, and that if we were so inclined 4 Wheel Parts is legally obligated to refund all monies and pay for damages incured as a result of this bait and switch. For example, the phony Pro Comp strap breaks at a point the real Pro Comp would not have broken and you lose your X, then you have a good lawsuit.

--Don

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 30/12/04 03:19 PM

yeah, I got the yellow w/ the big rubberband on it, too.

Dissappointed it wasn't what was on the site but a decent strap for $30. It's still built pretty solid.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 30/12/04 08:48 PM

Yeah, it likely no worse than the ones you'd buy at WalMart, cheaper too.

Its the principle though. You guys PAID for a Procomp, not a knock off.

I wonder if Procomp would/will call 4 Wheel Parts and tell them to stop claiming its their product?

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 31/12/04 07:36 AM

i'd like to send an email to procomp myself....does anyone have their email address or phone number?
Posted by: doxman

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 31/12/04 09:59 AM

You'll find it HERE

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 31/12/04 02:07 PM

Wow...thats pretty bad...I guess I was one of the lucky ones to get one of the actual pro-comp straps but I dont know if I'll give 4 wheel parts my business again...who knows how many times they've done this...

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 31/12/04 03:06 PM

thank you doxman.

now you guys have me paranoid that this strap isn't very good and i'll fall off a cliff like the coyote or something.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 02/01/05 12:31 AM

I got screwed too.

DO NOT stand for that shit. You order something, you deserve to get what you paid for. They fed me some BS about the strap being made by pro-comp and said it has a higher rating, but I dont care. I told them I was very displeased, and they sent a UPS call tag (they paid) to return the package. When the new shipments come in they will send me the strap I ordered. :rolleyes:

I think I will shop elsewhere from now on. [ThumbsDown]

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 02/01/05 11:15 AM

here's a link to the product (at another website) that we received:

https://www.central4wd.com/store/itemdetail.asp?ID=1483

for $20, still seems like a good deal, but i am concerned that this company substitutes products when it wants.

i have sent a letter to procomp and to 4wheelparts.com . thank for everyone's help...

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 03/01/05 09:57 AM

I got the procomp ones... came in the procomp box and all...

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 03/01/05 03:51 PM

I received this reply from Pro Comp indicating they do NOT make a yellow strap so now 4wheelparts is apparently LYING about their substitute product? It wasn't worth the $28 bucks for me to make a big deal out of it at first, but it might be now. too bad I threw out the box! [Uh Oh !]

"Good morning! I understand your frustration; we at Pro Comp do not offer a yellow tow strap & we have recently sold out of the inventory on the size you are referring to. I would recommend that you contact the place that you purchased the strap from & see what they can do about it. If I can be any further help please let me know.

Thank you,
Michael Stickney
Corporate Account Manager"

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 03/01/05 04:57 PM

I just ordered one yesterday, I hope it’s the ProComp, but for $30 when there at least $60 anywhere else it should be ok if the substitute never breaks. Anyone ever use one of these yellow straps?

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 03/01/05 07:43 PM

it's a fiberlink brand. a lot of other 4x4 places sell them as well..for about twice what i paid with shipping.
Posted by: perna

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 04/01/05 09:41 PM

I ordered at the same time everyone else did and got the pro-comp strap, but anyone that didnt should get it replaced. I would not be satisfied with a yellow strap which might or might not be what they say it is. On top of that it is giving pro-comp a bad name, and they should have an even bigger issue with it.
Posted by: UTJMAC

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 05/01/05 11:09 AM

If anyone has an extra procomp (not yellow) they want to sell, please let me know.

Sorry everyone is having troubles with 4wheel parts.

John

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 06/01/05 12:52 AM

hey guys i also ordered this strap from 4wheelparts the one I got is white but does not say procomp on it anywhere i can find, also it does not hav ethe leather covered ends? Is this a procomp strap or did I get a different fake procomp strap?thanks

PS. My first post YAHOOOOOOO
Posted by: Lightning

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 06/01/05 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Target74:
hey guys i also ordered this strap from 4wheelparts the one I got is white but does not say procomp on it anywhere i can find, also it does not hav ethe leather covered ends? Is this a procomp strap or did I get a different fake procomp strap?thanks

PS. My first post YAHOOOOOOO
Welcome to the club...
If the strap you got was a Procomp, it would be written on the strap. They are pretty proud of their straps (with good reason). You probably got another type of offbrand. May still be a good strong strap still, but not a Procomp.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 06/01/05 05:12 AM

target74....look at your receipt and see if it says 'fiberlink' on it anywhere.

hell, they may be substituting another 'not-procomp' strap now....

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 06/01/05 05:24 AM

sorry to keep beating this $30 horse but I sent 4wheelparts an email the other day stating my dissapointment on their 'bait and switch' sales tactics. It's ok to substitute if they aren't offering a specific BRAND item, but what they did was just poor business practice.

anyway, the next day I received a phone call (at work, no less) from someone at 4wheelparts who left a voicemail message and said that they did send the yellow one to me 'just in case I needed one for vacation or something' and that I was still on the list for the ProComp brand strap when they come back in to stock.

Now I'm SURE I never would have received another strap had I not said something to them, and I'm still have doubts that I'll ever get one in the mail from them, but it sounds like they know they got caught and are trying to cover for it.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 08/01/05 11:43 AM

I just got my second strap. I got the first strap a week after I bought it back during the sale. It is the procomp strap. I had to call them 4 times. I ordered the 2 straps seperatly. They kept telling my credid card did not go thru. They could not explain why it worked on the first order but not on the second order I placed 5 minutes later.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 08/01/05 07:29 PM

D you think the 20,000 lb strap be adequate?

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 11/01/05 01:33 PM

Just got off the phone with Pro Comp. They said they are aware with recovery straps sold by 4Wheel Parts and that the yellow ones are definitly nor Pro Comp straps. The rep from Pro Comp said that they have about 1,000 on order, scheduled to arrive from SE Asia about mid February.
I then called 4Wheel Parts and was told they had 800 Pro Comp straps arriving Friday or the middle of next week at the latest. They would be filling all the backorders but we have to call them then.
This is not the only forum that is complaining about their business practice of substituting a different products. In fact they now have a disclaimer stating that the straps may be different than what is ordered, even though they still advertise Pro Comp. Hold their feet to the fire to make them supply what you ordered.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 11/01/05 04:14 PM

Kinda funny... The ad states "Make sure you insist on nothing less than Pro Comp Recovery Straps" and then they ship something less. I emailed them yesterday with no response.

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 11/01/05 11:15 PM

I just received mine today, and it’s the yellow one. I don’t care too much if this one works ok, has anyone used this yellow one yet?

Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps. - 13/01/05 04:06 PM

I just recieved this email from Mike from their customer service department:

WE ARE ON BACK ORDER AT THIS TIME AS SOON AS WE GET THE PROCOMP STRAPS IN STOCK WE WILL BE SHIPPING IT OUT TO YOU...
THAT ONE YOU RECVD IS TO USE UNTIL WE GET THE OTHER STRAPS...HAVE A GOOD DAY

How likely is it that I get two recovery straps for $30 ????