Custom Wheel Caution

Posted by: TheMightyX

Custom Wheel Caution - 30/01/01 01:21 PM

Hi All;

Let me first establish that the custom chrome rims on my X look outstanding, and I don't regret getting them.

With that in mind, I wanted to caution anyone that has custom wheels to MAKE SURE YOUR LUG WRENCH FITS THE CUSTOM WHEELS. When my wife got a flat, I soon found that the lug wrench that came with the X was too big to fit down the hole to reach the recessed lug nuts. What a pain! I had to go home and get a socket wrench. The socket fit just fine, so I bought an extra wrench and socket to keep in the X.

Hopefully, this can help someone else avoid the same hassle.

-Todd

-------------
The Mighty X
2000 XE 3-Pak
Denim Blue
Custom Chrome Rims
Dunlop Grand Trek Tires
KYB Gas Shocks
1" Lift Kit
Rhino Grille Guard
Rhino Taillight Guards

------------------
Posted by: BoarderPhreak

Re: Custom Wheel Caution - 30/01/01 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TheMightyX:
MAKE SURE YOUR LUG WRENCH FITS THE CUSTOM WHEELS.

Where exactly DO I get a 16" lug wrench? ;>

Good point. Another one is to make sure you have the lock adapter if you have wheel locks!

D'ohhhh!

------------------
2001 Solar Yellow SE 4x4 V6 5spd
Posted by: FSUX

Re: Custom Wheel Caution - 30/01/01 03:25 PM

what kind of rims did you get? Do you have a picture of them?

------------------
00' Alpine Green X
Posted by: Ramness

Re: Custom Wheel Caution - 06/02/01 07:05 AM

No all the locking lug nuts have different key patterns on them. Think about it, if they were all the same all a rim thief would have to do is go to a Nissan dealer and buy a set of locking Lugs. Then he would have a key and could steal any locked rims on a Nissan that are out there.

------------------
B

AOL Screen name Ramness570

I Finally got one!!
Posted by: blueghost

Re: Custom Wheel Caution - 06/02/01 08:32 AM

Very good point. I'll check that today.

------------------
blueghost
'01 Xterra SE 4x4
Posted by: Xrugger

Re: Custom Wheel Caution - 07/02/01 01:12 PM

While most locking lug nuts look the same at a glance, each set should be different. Otherwise why bother?

Mine (and most others have roundes star shape groove in them) If you look closely on of the arms of the star is narrower. Each set's groove is cut slightly different.

Now if you buy enough sets you may eventually come across an identical set, but you would have to check alot of sets.

------------------
Xrugger
Just another post to get me one post closer to my blue X icon smile