Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana

Posted by: Anonymous

Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 26/05/05 10:13 AM

Just looking for Xterra owners around me that I can share some knowledge with. cool

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 26/05/05 11:24 AM

Im on the state line....Richmond...

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 26/05/05 11:28 AM

join midwestxterraowners

[Wave]

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 26/05/05 11:47 AM

Sent you a message Snakeyez and thanks for the link SteelX. Ever since I found this site I feel like I've found a whole other family. [Wave]

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 26/05/05 12:06 PM

I'm just appreciative of your capitalization of O-H-I-O in comparison to indianda. [ThumbsUp]

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 27/05/05 07:16 AM

Also look at Southeast Xterra and Frontier club, they usually do better runs than Iowa. Kentucky and Tennessee are your best bet. Cave run lake, red river gorge, mammoth cave and lake cumberland are all in Kentucky and within a days drive.

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 27/05/05 05:43 PM

I would recommend the Gorge to anyone, even if you are not a climber. You should stay at Miguels at least one night and get thier pizza!

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 28/05/05 07:11 PM

Good luck finding X owners in Ohio, there are not to many. I see very few Xs in East Central Ohio. In fact, to date I have only saw one '05 X and no new Frontiers. I guess that this is Ford and Chevy Country.
Posted by: Xcrement

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 30/05/05 07:00 AM

I'm up here in NW Ohio and am dying to get offroad soon. I can't wait to try out the 05. I was hoping that after the plant tour they would go to Coal Creek again, that was a blast. Anyone with good ideas please let me know!

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 01/06/05 10:31 PM

central ohio here! [ThumbsUp]

also on midwestxterraowners

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 04/06/05 03:54 PM

Cincinnati here. And any of you from around here know some good places to go offroading? I've been to the gorge to camp and hike and love it but have not idea where to offroad there. So directions would help for when I got there. I just got the X in August and is my first 4X4 so I have no experience with offroading but would love to learn. So any places that you know of that would be good for a beginner would be good. Thanks for the help and let me know if anyone from around here plans any trips. :p

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 04/06/05 04:08 PM

Haspin Acres is about an hour and a half north of Cinci....its in Laurel Indiana

link....click me

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 17/01/06 11:14 AM

Born and raised Dayton, OH. Studying at Ball State (Balls Taint) University in Muncie, IN.

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 17/01/06 03:05 PM

Dayton, OH

We need to get together and wheel guys!!!!

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 17/01/06 03:36 PM

BTW...before someone tells us to go to MXO again, I checked MXO and there isn't a single post in the Ohio subforum. It seems like most of the people there are from the Chicago area.

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 17/01/06 03:52 PM

welcome, there are some of us in O-H-I-O just not a bunch. [Wave]

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 18/01/06 03:29 AM

I'm from Ohio as you can tell but have not seen anyone else on here that lives in the cincinnati area. Any ways welcome

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 18/01/06 07:42 AM

Cleveland [Wave]

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 18/01/06 04:18 PM

Bowling Green!

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 18/01/06 04:36 PM

I have family in Findlay, I would be up for some wheeling sometime. I live in Grand Rapids, Mi right now so it is about a 3-1/2 hr drive.

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 19/01/06 12:22 PM

I'm 45 min East of Cleveland ... Went to college at Bowling Green .... someone should start a group .... the OX's (Ohio X'ers) That would be cool.

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 19/01/06 03:55 PM

Only shitty part is we don't have any place to wheel. We could all get together for some drinks and talk about how cool it would be to off road on a regular basis. I will be heading to ECXC again this year if anyone would like to join a convoy.

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 19/01/06 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toyboxx:
someone should start a group .... the OX's (Ohio X'ers) That would be cool.
resistance is futile!

you must join the collective!

j/k

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 19/01/06 04:39 PM

The badlands are not to far away, and a decent place to wheel. It would be nice to have something near the michigan/ohio/indiana line!

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 22/01/06 09:01 AM

I have also been on MXO and your right no one from ohio talks on the ohio forum. Any way I'm up for some wheelin sometime as long as the work schedule will allow. There is Haspin Acres near cincinnati that I've been told is a pretty good place to go. I've never been there but like I said I've heard its a nice place and its big too. Other than that I would not have a clue on where to go. I'm new to the offroading scene but more than willing to learn and get dirty. Also where is ECXC and when is that? Spring is coming and we should try to get something figured out.
Posted by: conker69

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 24/01/06 08:13 AM

Harrison, Ohio. [Wave]
Posted by: hot_h2o

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 24/01/06 11:10 AM

Bright Indiana here. Just 2 mins from Harrison Ohio

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 24/01/06 04:16 PM

whats up briz? Have not seen or talked to you in awhile. Hope the new little one is good and give me a call sometime.
Posted by: hot_h2o

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 25/01/06 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rube2004X:
whats up briz? Have not seen or talked to you in awhile. Hope the new little one is good and give me a call sometime.
sorry, I have been busy with the baby. Well get together soon.

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 26/01/06 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hot_h2o:
Bright Indiana here. Just 2 mins from Harrison Ohio
Excellent. My uncle and grandmother live in Bright. Small world after all. LOL.

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 07/02/06 08:58 PM

cincinnati here too, i am up for some wheelin but as of right now i just have a stock 06

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 09/02/06 09:30 AM

I'm in Columbus!

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 16/02/06 11:27 AM

Canton, OH here! Anyone know where we can go? Does West Virginia have any trails for us to use? What about camping options up in the mountains? Thanks!

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 16/02/06 03:04 PM

I'm not to sure on where we can go to camp up in the woods and get the X's off the road. The only place that comes to mind really to go camp is the red river gorge but I'm not sure if you can get cars off the road there. I'm up for whatever as long as I'm not at work. As far as wheelin goes as stated earlier Haspin acres is about an hour from cincinnati if that i think. I got some info from a friend on a company called Scenic Road Rallies. They do scenic tours around the cincinnati and indiana areas. They have a couple of tours that are for 4X4 only that we could sign up for. Or, if there is enough interest we could get our own group together and pick the date. So if you have any friends that have 4x4 and would be interested that might be a better route. Check out their website www.SCENICROADRALLIES.com for the info. [drink]

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 22/02/06 06:38 AM

I went on the 4x4 ONLY Scenic Road Rally and it wasn't bad. You could probably get by with 4x2 but crossing the deep streams was hella fun. And the "devils staircase" was pretty cool...probably the only part you need 4x4 but it's better than nothing.

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 10/03/06 08:59 PM

You all are making me nervous. I live in Utah, but I'm moving to Toledo in august for school. I better get all the offroading in now while I can because it doesn't sound like there are too many areas in Ohio. Please tell me there are at least a few areas in Northwest Ohio where I can get my X dirty. eek

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 11/03/06 05:42 PM

Sorry diggs, I live in Bowling Green just a half hour south of Toledo so I can tell you that you are screwed. The best we can do here are some dirt roads. If you have any questions about the area PM me. I have lived here for 28 years.

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 13/03/06 10:05 AM

My sister and brother in law live in Dayton. I visit them a lot in the summer. There should be some place to wheel on my way there!! it would be cool to get together with some of you Ohio'ers and get our trucks dirty while i'm out there. but it doesn't sound like there's any place! But just in case you should let me know. laugh

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 07/06/06 09:32 AM

Cincy here! we need an board for kentuky ohio and indiana x's

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 12/06/06 10:02 PM

cincy here too...looking for places in kentucky really, any ideas?
Posted by: yam_turecki

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 20/06/06 08:51 PM

OK, finally I see something is going on in Ohio ... and around Cincinnati. Good.

I moved to Cinci year ago but I have no time to really 4wheeling and getting around area. I have been in Haspin Acrea, I heard anbout Badlands and places in Kentucky.

I see many people from Cincinnati area ... great let's connect and do some wheeling.

I moved from East coast. I have been at ECXC (will miss it this year) but it is great event, great people, nice terrain, so if You can ... just go. Last month I went to GoneMOAB (yes, 1550 miles one way), it was my second time.

I will be traveling in business in next 3-4 weeks, but anytime beyond - let's meet (at least for Cincinnati area) we could go Haspin Acres ... in a mean time meet MAZOVIA

Mirek (yam_turecki)

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 20/06/06 10:52 PM

Guys, go check out http://www.midwestxterraowners.com/

You may find more there that may peak your local interests.....

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 25/06/06 10:32 PM

im coming to oxford in august (unfortunately i prolly wont have my X until december)

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 08/07/06 07:21 PM

Hey what's going? Good to see more people around the Cincinnati area interested in getting together sometime. We should plan an outing sometime in the near future. I have no idea where to go but I'm in. If anyone has any ideas throw them out here and lets get something planed. I know of Haspen and The Gorge but there you can't get off the road that I know of unless someone here know's of something. By the way I'm 23 how old is everyone else in the area thats interested? Oh yeah if there is enough interest throw some dates out there too.

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 09/07/06 06:13 PM

North side of Columbus here. Good to see there are some X owners here in Ohio. Most of the X's I see on the road are driven by soccer moms. Only place around here that I have had mine off the pavement has been on friends' farms. I'd like to find soemthing with a little more scenery involved. I'm tired of looking at cows and soybeans.

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 10/07/06 11:54 AM

CMHX you [ThumbsUp] should have come up to the hurons with us.

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 10/07/06 05:35 PM

Didn't even know about it. I've checked out MXO a few times. It's been a while, but each time, there were no local events to be found. I haven't actually joined MXO. I've just been a lurker on a few occasions. So far I don't have any mods on my X. Just a few accessories to haul my bike, skis, whatever is appropriate for the season. Besides, right now, I spend most of my time either working or training for the Columbus Marathon on October 15th.

Re: Any X owners in Ohio or in mid east Indiana - 11/07/06 09:14 AM

Ok guys there are a ton of memebers on here from ohio, I just started a ohio roll call on MXO, join up and post so we can start getting some events planned smile

http://midwestxterraowners.com/nuke/forums/index.php?showtopic=2028