torsion bar

Posted by: racso

torsion bar - 03/05/04 05:59 PM

Does anyone have the nissan motorsport heavy duty torsion bars?

If so mine broke thanks to nissan, need help with question.

Re: torsion bar - 03/05/04 07:32 PM

Searching the topics in the search for awhile, I thought I could post this.

I had an alignment done by nissan, they never got it. The 2000, X pulled harder to the right after they did the alignmnet. I drove the X home 35 miles and parked it in the garage for 2 weeks. Went to get in it last weekend and found the drivers side torsion bar snapped like a twig.

I have 33" BFG's, calmini 1 1/2" shackle lift, ARB bumper, and 9000i warn winch.

Also I have not had it off road for over a year.

Any ideas how it could have just broke?
Posted by: XOC

Re: torsion bar - 03/05/04 09:46 PM

Where did it break (got a photo) ?

If it broke at the splines, then it may not have been engaged enough. If it broke along the length, it may have been damaged or a manufacturing defect.

Re: torsion bar - 04/05/04 04:17 AM

I am meeting nissan today to look at the bar he claims was dented. It broke right in the middle. I will try and post a pic soood.
Posted by: XOC

Re: torsion bar - 04/05/04 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by racso:
It broke right in the middle.
Hmmm. That's 2 this week.

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=73;t=000700
Posted by: rfritz

Re: torsion bar - 04/05/04 07:35 AM

I have the Sway-away torsion bars and they are OK. I think they have sagged a little over the past year. I am going to re-adjust them when I get the steering replaced. I know it is a haul, but I would come to Indianapolis and go to 4 wheel parts on east Washington Street for an alingment. They aligned my Xterra as well as a few other lifted ones and mine still drives straight after 4 wheeling.

Re: torsion bar - 04/05/04 06:09 PM

xoc, that is wy I had it my garage, off road only.

I will try and get pics by this weekend, looks like a manufacture defect. I am trying to get a hold of Sway-Away to see if they will send men new ones--ha, ha. We will see.