Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!!

Posted by: Carlton McMillan

Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 02/12/03 08:20 AM

Well the move is done. We are now in the frozen north.

We still have a BUNCH of unpacking to do but it is getting done soon enough.

Minneapolis is nice.. but I fear that my southern blood will freeze come January. We will see laugh
Posted by: roofgoat

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 02/12/03 08:48 AM

Welcome to the Midwest Carlton.

I hear you have a pretty nice mall crawler laugh
Posted by: Mapman

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 02/12/03 09:09 AM

HAHAHAHA Welcome to the Midwest, at least up North you have seasons, granted it's mostly winter and fall. Chicago has seasons, if you want to call them that, that are really screwed up, with shifts of 40-50 degrees in a day during autumn and spring. I sooo want to move where it's warmer or has less of a temperature swing, my sinuses can't handle it much more! Sorry I digress... Welcome to the Midwest!! laugh
Posted by: Close1

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 02/12/03 10:47 AM

welcome to the midwest...

[Wave]
Posted by: Guido

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 02/12/03 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
I fear that my southern blood will freeze come January. We will see laugh
You ain't seen nothing yet!!! :p Wait until next month, then you'll see some cold weather!!

We drove through Lakeville on our way back from Iowa Sunday, I was on the look out for the white BMW killer, but didn't see ya. laugh

Welcome to MN, hope to run in to ya sometime!
Posted by: rfritz

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 02/12/03 01:36 PM

(Best Nelson Laugh) welcome to the cold - [Wave]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 02/12/03 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EAP:
Chicago has seasons, if you want to call them that, that are really screwed up, with shifts of 40-50 degrees in a day during autumn and spring.
AMEN TO THAT!!!

Welcome to the party man!! Soon you'll realize why sitting by the fire drinking beer is a year-long event!! laugh
Posted by: bn300

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 02/12/03 06:35 PM

Ever driven on ice? I mean lake ice? Oh yes, you will. Picture the silly, air snorkled, white rig from down south parked on two feet of ice. You'll be sipping Schnapps or Walkers Winter Brew while staring at a hole in that ice.
Good times, good times.
You haven't lived until you hear the rolling crack of thunder under your feet and actually witnessed the ice split before you. Ahhh, life in Minnesota.
[Wave]
Posted by: pinoy

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 02/12/03 07:03 PM

Well welcome to the Midwest. I know where you are coming from. I moved out here from Southern Cal. about 8 years ago and still hate the cold. The good part is when the snow falls you don't have to go very far to wheel, just step outside your front door.

BTW, on a side note, Hows that halfshaft holding up from GOX? Remember me?... [Wave]
Posted by: tcdesign

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 02/12/03 08:59 PM

Wow, I haven't read the board for a while since I picked up a new Toy last month ( toy1 , toy2 )

So how did you end up here Carlton? That's one hell of a move. I don't know whatever happened to all us MN guys getting together ( thread ) but we should work on doing that soon.
Posted by: Excelagator

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 02/12/03 09:06 PM

Welcome the the Great White North Carlton!! [Wave] I know what you mean, I am a Florida Native that moved to Central Wisconsin in the middle of winter. confused Don't worry your blood will thicken up. When it gets 90 degrees, you can laugh at the natives here!
Dan

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 02/12/03 09:44 PM

Florida has 4 seasons

1. Hot
2. Hotter
3. Man, it's fricken Hot
4. Christmas....opps that's a town in Florida.

BTW Carlton enjoy Summer when it comes, all two weeks of it!
Posted by: Paul H

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 03/12/03 12:43 AM

Welcome to the midwest

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 03/12/03 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pinoy:

BTW, on a side note, Hows that halfshaft holding up from GOX? Remember me?... [Wave]
It is doing well (thank you again and again and again)

As soon as we unpack our garage I have the replacement one for you. laugh

I wsa able to get the replacement parts for a rebuild. Happy happy joy joy
Posted by: catering chef

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 03/12/03 07:28 AM

Carlton,
Just remember:Do not lick a metal pole in the winter, your tongue will stick to it and you will have to wait till July to remove yourself from the pole!! :p
Welcome to MN. [Wave]

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 03/12/03 08:14 AM

I double dog dare you!! laugh

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 03/12/03 08:34 AM

Quote:
I double dog dare you!! laugh
I triple dog dare ya!!

Posted by: KJ_dragon

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 03/12/03 04:48 PM

When I read the title to this thread, I thought it was a discussion on this:

I said

Brrr its cold in here I said there

must be some toros in the atmostphere I

said Brrr its cold in here there must

be some toros in the atmosphere I said

o eo eo ice ice.

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 03/12/03 05:18 PM

Have you rented Fargo and Drop Dead Gorgeous yet? Two movies based in Minnesota.

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 03/12/03 07:56 PM

Quote:
Have you rented Fargo and Drop Dead Gorgeous yet? Two movies based in Minnesota.
You won't run into accents like in those movies until you go north of St. Cloud.

Yaaaaaaaaa, you betcha!
Posted by: jwessx

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 04/12/03 05:35 PM

You think this is cold...

Wait till Feburary..BRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Welcome.

Joe
Posted by: Lincoln

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 04/12/03 08:10 PM

You have to watch Strange Brew, and drink some Leinies. I am headed back to good ole Wisconsin soon, can't wait. Enjoy yourself Carlton. [Wave]

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 04/12/03 08:19 PM

Did someone say Leines ??? eek
Dan

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 04/12/03 08:46 PM

Hell yeah! I have been spreading the word about Leinies in San Diego and in VA. My parents always bring some down when they come and visit me. I finally started getting the club newspaper.

The Leinie Lodge
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 05/12/03 03:44 AM

One of the local bars I work at in Northern IL is an official Leinies Lodge! WOO HOO FOR LEINIES!!! We have 8 beers on tap(I know its not alot, but it works), and 4 of them are Leinenkugels varieties - Original, Honey Weiss, Red, and Creamy Dark. Lately, the Creamy Dark seems to be the Leinies of choice, but I think we still sell more Sam Adams Winter Lager and Budweiser than Leinies flavors....
Posted by: Close1

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 05/12/03 05:57 AM

Carlton- I was curious why the engine failure happened so early..... 114k doesn't seem like a nissan motor?

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 05/12/03 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Close1:
Carlton- I was curious why the engine failure happened so early..... 114k doesn't seem like a nissan motor?
I blew a coolant hose in Moab and lost coolant so fast that the engine temp gauge did not move. So the short story is that I over heated the engine and cracked a sleeve.

I have a water pressure gauge now...

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 05/12/03 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk:
One of the local bars I work at in Northern IL is an official Leinies Lodge! WOO HOO FOR LEINIES!!! We have 8 beers on tap(I know its not alot, but it works), and 4 of them are Leinenkugels varieties - Original, Honey Weiss, Red, and Creamy Dark. Lately, the Creamy Dark seems to be the Leinies of choice, but I think we still sell more Sam Adams Winter Lager and Budweiser than Leinies flavors....
I definately like Leinies Red better than Sam Adams. I think Big Butt is my favorite right now as far as Leinies goes.

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 05/12/03 08:50 AM

Myself, the wife and my parents stopped and did the brewery tour this past summer and I must say it was very cool. Then to top it off, they give you FREE beer! My wife loves the Honey Weiss now and she never tries any new beers. The store/lodge was cool, they had some neat stuff, I got close to picking up one of the oars. Funniest thing was we went when the Clear Water Days festival (I think that was the name?) was happening, there was a parade going on and we couldn't leave the brewery till it was over. OH DARN! laugh
Posted by: catering chef

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 08/12/03 08:50 PM

Hey carlton, It was great to met you. Nice looking truck. Walser nissan forget to give me 10% on what I bought, oh well. Have fun in the morning with the snow. laugh Hopefully we will get 4-6 inches tomorrow. We will have to get together in the next couple of days and have a few beers some where. Maybe we can get pnut to come along if he is out of beer in his fridge [Crybaby] .
Welcome to MN [Wave]
Posted by: maximusdelirious

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 01/01/04 10:47 AM

Welcome "This is Carlton, your doorman." *Rhoda, ref.* MIDWEST Xterra Gathering! MXG
Posted by: maximusdelirious

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 08/01/04 06:48 AM

Quote:
My favorite Leine's is Creamy Dark. Not bitter at all.

Hey Hawk! Last night I had beers with the Sam Adams Brewery people! They did not know I was drinking with them, but I was. [LOL] They were having a function at the Union Oyster House in Boston. I was drinking Harpoon anyway. Good food I recommend it to anyone visiting. GREAT! Boston baked beans!!! I wanted to due the brewery tour here, Harpoon, Sam Adams, etc. couple others here but they are all during the day and I have training. DOH!

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 08/01/04 07:37 AM

Quote:
One of the local bars I work at in Northern IL is an official Leinies Lodge!
What bar do you work at, so my wife and I can start frequenting it when we move up your direction in the spring! Well that's the plan anyways!
Posted by: Sloth

Re: Burrrrrr it is COLD UP HERE!!! - 08/01/04 07:29 PM

Sorry I didn't drop by sooner, I just got off the Echo Trail. Better late than never though.

Welcome to MN Carlton! You'll love it!!