Any one up for getting dirty Sunday?

Posted by: Yellow Gecko

Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 23/10/03 10:08 AM

Hey guys I was thinking of getting the truck dirty on Sunday. If anyone wants to go I could use the help getting unstuck. I don't know where yet and I'm open for options.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 23/10/03 03:09 PM

Nice to see your still out there T.. laugh We missed ya' at the coke ovens although todrick says he's going(or wants to) this weekend. Hows the air ram/snorkle coming? Got any pics yet?
Posted by: Todrick

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 23/10/03 03:13 PM

yeah i want to run box canyon and the general area... Test out my Jeep Cherokee, with a my wifes co-worker who runs a '97 TJ.

althoguh I wasn't out here for the State Trust land permit meeting, So its lookin like i would have to head to the office tomorrow and pick one up

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 23/10/03 05:06 PM

Ya that sounds fine if there is mud still left. I am going to try to put that snorkel together Friday. Where are the pics from the Coke Ovens?

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 23/10/03 05:19 PM

Andy, Spooky? Is there any mud out there? laugh [LOL]

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 23/10/03 05:22 PM

I used a new throw away digi camera and sent it in for prints and it comes with a disc of images. I should have some very incriminating pictures back tomorrow laugh . By the way, TREMORX, whassup with the prints for Thomas? The world will be a better place for all when their posted ya' know.

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 23/10/03 05:49 PM

the river is damn controlled, therefore instead of just a bit of mud, it could be a large river...

as it was Sunday AFTERNOON, as reported by the Jeep Jamboree attendees who visited it.

Quote:
Across the Gila is the old town site of Chochran. If the water is low, there is a river crossing to the west of Chochran that can be taken for an exit out to the Florence-Kelvin Highway...
Quote:
...decided to exit through the Gila River and come find two of the three exits were blocked off so if you head out there you should proboly plan on going out the same way you came.

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 23/10/03 05:55 PM

Jason, it was my first time there so I can't be sure if were talking aboot the same area, but there was NO river water there sat/sun when we were out. Just lots of good mud.

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 23/10/03 05:57 PM

yes, i spoke to tremorx last night, he said you guys had left before the afternoon...

if it was damn controled(as it is) then the damn was opened after you all left
Posted by: Stone4x4

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 23/10/03 06:23 PM

You could always run with the Datsun Car club and SWANKy on Saturday to Sedona. Once up there the car guys are gonna hop in with us and we are running Greasy Spoon.

Meet at the gas station I17 and Carfree highway 8am.

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 23/10/03 06:28 PM

Marshall, [Wave] Whats the trail like there; slickrock,forest road,gravel? will I need lockers for Greasy Spoon? When you say Sedona, does that mean Broken Arrow? I think me mum and me nephews'd enjoy a trip to the rocks..Ill see ya at 8. [Smoking]

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 23/10/03 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone4x4:
You could always run with the Datsun Car club and SWANKy on Saturday to Sedona. Once up there the car guys are gonna hop in with us and we are running Greasy Spoon.

Meet at the gas station I17 and Carfree highway 8am.
I would but:

-Its a longer drive to get there
-My free day is sunday
-I don't think the Datsun guys wanna ride in a Jeep

smile
Posted by: spooky1

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 23/10/03 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Andy, Spooky? Is there any mud out there? laugh [LOL]
Yes, $23.00 worth on the floor of the carwash at Rural and University. laugh
Posted by: Stone4x4

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 23/10/03 10:12 PM

Dan your truck will be fine on Greasy Spoon. Page 95 of the Arizona Backroads and 4 Wheel Drive Trails book if you have it.
Posted by: TremorX

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 24/10/03 08:37 AM

I was gonna try Greasy Spoon but I've been so busy at work that I just want a weekend to sleep in. I'm up for goofing off in the mud, though.

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 24/10/03 09:11 AM

Cool so we are down for some mud. I haven't been to box canyon, how long will it take? I need to be in North PHX by 5pm. If your looking for daring stuff Table Mesa has it all. Let me know what you have your heart set on and lets set up a meeting spot.

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 24/10/03 10:30 AM

I'm kinda just playing it by ear on Box Canyon... that is the only trail i definately plan to run... but that only cause thats the only one I have been on out there.

I'm planning to meet up at 9:45am somewhere on the 60(no need to bust our asses getting up too early) and then caravan down to FJ at 10 or 10:15. eat lunch on the trails, departure time will depend largely on who is there, but i figured grab a bite to eat and maybe a drink or two on the way home.

im off alma school, but don't know the 60 too well, if anyone knows of a gas station around there, where we can meet up, please let me know.

My wifes co-worker, while having a fairly built Jeep TJ, is apparently a bit of a novice. Add that to me being unsure of my new vehicle and I don't expect to run anything too difficult.

I am not up for mud, water crossings yes, mud no. But would be happy to hang out while others play in the mud.

PM me and I will give you my number so we can sort out times/locations. that or simply post here.

I have to head to Phoenix right now to get a state trust land permit laugh

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 24/10/03 08:42 PM

I doubt you will encounter any mud if you are just staying in/around Box Canyon/Martinez Cabins area. The only place we found "mud" was down in the Gila River Bed which was "bone dry" except for a few "mud holes", very,very stinky "mud holes".

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 24/10/03 09:06 PM

These transfered real grainy, I'll Figure it out before I post the rest. From top to bottom-Ryans in past his hubs! I'm comin' through! The Hauser guys have a moment alone. Yellow Jacket giving Andy a hand.

[img]http://lw10fd.law10.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-...1689&mimepart=6[/img] [img]http://lw10fd.law10.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-...1689&mimepart=7[/img] [img]http://lw10fd.law10.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-...1689&mimepart=8[/img] [img]http://lw10fd.law10.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-...1689&mimepart=9[/img] [Smoking]

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 24/10/03 10:40 PM

Dan fix your pics. laugh

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 24/10/03 11:00 PM

If you look close, you can see the ripples in the water because my exhaust pipe was under water. This is Andy. This is also where I got stuck around 9 at night, except when I opened my door it scraped the mud and you could not see my sliders. I just thought this was a cool picture. cool

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 24/10/03 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
im off alma school, but don't know the 60 too well, if anyone knows of a gas station around there, where we can meet up, please let me know.
I say we meet up at the Florence Junction gas station (where you turn off of 60 then go towards Florence).

Since you're not too far from me, if you want to just meet up with me somewhere that'd be fine.

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 25/10/03 12:40 AM

works for me... lets meet at the FJ texaco(?) at 10:30am leave at 10:45
Michael, you and I can hook up somewhere by chandler mall if thats cool. Maybe right in front of Chilis at 9:45?

the Guy with the TJ backed out(Is sick)... which is good and bad...

Its good cause there will be less trucks and we can cover more ground.

Its bad, cause I figured i wouldn't have to have recovery gear cause he did(I currently don't own any) so if anyone has gear(even just a strap) that would help a lot. I'm really not planning to need it, but thats when you usualy do laugh
Posted by: XROCK

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 25/10/03 05:27 AM

If you're going to go play in the mud by the Gila- Definitely take straps! Some of that stuff was like quicksand and the other was thick mudshit.

Why didn't you guys just go with us last week?

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 25/10/03 08:34 AM

Hey Xrock... you want to go play in the mud Sunday? I'm going to put the snorkel in in the morning and try it out in the afternoon. But I'll need some one to pull me out if I get in over my head.

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 25/10/03 08:45 AM

Maybe if it were Table Mesa I would do a morning run, but FJ is so frickin far from Anthem!

I like my NFL Sunday ticket too much to be away that long. laugh

On a seperate note- My air intake system finally came in so I'll be ready for the muffler / intake install. More HP! [ThumbsUp]

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 25/10/03 10:58 AM

Kick ass!

Hell, Table Mesa sounds fun to me... I went about halfway up it once by myself but chickened out since no one else was with me. Jason, Travis?

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 25/10/03 11:16 AM

lol I'm the opposite of XRock... FJ is good and close but Table Mesa is just too far... smile
Honestly the anthem to FJ drive is about the same as the Occotilo to Table Mesa Trek. Just a bit too far for an afternoon run.

also it now looks like a couple guys from the AZ Virtual jeep Club will be joining us.(as of now, looks like 2 fairly stock TJs)

I wasn't gonna post this trip to their board, but realized I really enjoy meeting new people especialy new people who enjoy hittin the trails. Pretty cool that 2 confirmed since 1AM when I posted it.

as for Why i didn't go last week... 3 Simple reasons
-Had plans.
-2wd Xterra and no time to camp
-4x4, but its a Jeep, so wont go on AZXC runs with it

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 25/10/03 02:02 PM

So Xrock your good for a morning run? If anyone else wants to go let me know what time you want to get going. I wasn't planning on spending all day out there. I just want to smell some air and get a little dirty while I'm at it.

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 25/10/03 09:01 PM

Okay, so who's going where?

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 25/10/03 09:07 PM

Well my wife "needs it tomorrow for school sorry if I got anyones' hopes up. Have fun and take lots of pics.

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 25/10/03 11:31 PM

I will be departing Chandler Mall Chilis at 9:45 headed to the Florence Junction texaco to meet up with up to 4 AZvJC Members(1 "definate", 2 "tentaitve") and whoever els efrom the xterra club feels like joining up

Are you still gonna be at Chandler Mall Michael?

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 25/10/03 11:57 PM

Yep. See you there!

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 26/10/03 12:17 AM

Cool... i can go sleep now smile

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 26/10/03 09:44 AM

Waited from 9:30 to 10:30, no show. WTF?
Posted by: Accasbel

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 26/10/03 05:01 PM

todrick; what, ya buy a jeep and get rude laugh or just a simple mistake of the wrong chilis, location, or time??

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 26/10/03 08:11 PM

No biggie. I wound up taking a nice sunday drive down Castle Hot Springs Rd.

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 26/10/03 08:45 PM

3 pages of posts for a no show??

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 27/10/03 09:17 AM

lol.

nope i was there from 9:45 til 10:05(i showed up a bit late because gas was 1.39 by my house and people were fighting in line) Couldn't wait any longer bcause of meeting people at FJ, Assumed that you had left for FJ cause I was running a little late but was surprised to see you not at FJ either... Waited there til 11:30.

I couldn't figure out why you no showed. odd

Maybe we mis-communicated I had said

Quote:
Michael, you and I can hook up somewhere by chandler mall if thats cool. Maybe right in front of Chilis at 9:45?
Is there another Chili's besides the one at Chandler and Price Road, In the Chandler Mall Parking lot?

There was no Xterra there, I even drove all overt he parking area several times and once prior to leaving. There was a dark grey Xtra Cab truck and a red car... That was it.

Sorry, It seems we missed each other somehow.

The trip was fun... We will have to hook up and head out there soon, although next week is my moving weekend.

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 27/10/03 09:29 AM

Yah, I was sittin right there at the Chili's on Chandler Blvd/Price, right by the 101. Got there about 9:30, left about 10:30.

edit:

There were quite a few cars in that parking lot ... it was the one with all the chain-link fence, right? There were 5-6 cars, and the mall-guard kept making rounds.. a grey Toyota truck and several cars.

Heh, you didn't set your clock back an hour on accident, did you? :p

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 27/10/03 09:32 AM

I was by the "Chili's to go" parking.

this doesn't make sense. how could we have missed each other?

you were in the Xterra right?

you didn't see my Jeep at all?

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 27/10/03 09:34 AM

That is odd, because I was parked in the row right by the to-go parking. I only left once, at around 10:10 to see if maybe you were in another part of the parking lot.

edit - Nope, never saw a Jeep of any kind.

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 27/10/03 09:49 AM

LOL im really confused... how long were you gone? maybe one of us has a clock thats wrong(although I don't think I do)

Just doesn't make any sense. confused

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 27/10/03 09:52 AM

I made one lap around the mall, maybe 2 minutes tops. Waited till 10:30, then did another lap and left. Oh well. I don't think it was my clock because I was using my computer, 2 Cell phones and my truck clock, all set together.

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 27/10/03 10:02 AM

well no then, probably not your clock smile just ran out to my jeep.. mine is correct.

I was there for 5 minutes, did a lap waited 5 did a lap and left.

It doesn't seem possible that we missed each other, but I have no other way to explain it. I was bummed too, I wanted you to go.

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 27/10/03 10:05 AM

Heh, we must have done our lap at the same time, no other explanation. Ah well, we can goof off some other time.. I'll be around this weekend if you need any help moving, but next weekend (8th & 9th) I have to work (which sucks because I wanted to do the cleanup!).

Re: Any one up for getting dirty Sunday? - 27/10/03 10:11 AM

lol, I guess... that is really odd

nope... as of now I moving the 31st, 1st and 2nd

I'll let you know... maybe if i can get enoguhb done we can go do table mesa in the afternoon on the 2nd... Since I'll be living in scottsdale It wont be too far smile