Haven't seen it yet, but....

Posted by: Anonymous

Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 08/07/08 02:48 PM

4Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine ( Sept. 2008 ) Pages 32-36. CHIVO FALLS article.

This was the run some AZXC'ers were on last fall.

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 08/07/08 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
4Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine ( Sept. 2008 ) Pages 32-36. CHIVO FALLS article.

This was the run some AZXC'ers were on last fall.
Do you have a link? Unless this was the SWANKY run we did in Oct, it must've been me. cause I'm the only azxc'r that runs that trail.

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 08/07/08 06:20 PM

Yes, from the October trip when I had the magazine writer, Jay Kopycynski riding with me, and there were more AZXC'ers than you that day.

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 08/07/08 06:23 PM

Quote:
Yes, from the October trip when I had the magazine writer, Jay Kopycynski riding with me, and there were more AZXC'ers than you that day.
I know, I wasn't sure if it was the October trip. If it wasn't the October trip, it was me.

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 09/07/08 09:32 AM

your powers of deductive reasoning should have determined that you didn't have a magazine guy on the runs you did on your own laugh

You got a pretty good sized pic of your rig in there. So did Tim. Adam is in there a couple times too.

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 09/07/08 09:39 AM

Quote:
your powers of deductive reasoning should have determined that you didn't have a magazine guy on the runs you did on your own laugh

You got a pretty good sized pic of your rig in there. So did Tim. Adam is in there a couple times too.
Well, my reasoning is that I could have run into one on the way through the trail. but it's all good.
Andy,
Do you have a link to where you got that info from, I'm really curious to see this.

o and thanks Andy for the heads up

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 09/07/08 11:34 AM

Here it comes... OK, hopefully he wrote well of our trip. I'll have to buy a copy when I find it. Man I didn't think he'd ever get those pictures sold.

Thanks for the Tip Andy! [Wave]

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 09/07/08 02:42 PM

it was done tastefully. Adam, there's a couple shots of your truck, and a very brief account of the events. Jay just made it sound like a freak accident, which is exactly what it was.

He does make you out to be a stud for driving it all the way off the trail too.

Look for the September issue - it's in stores right now. I went down to Barnes and Noble and picked up a few copies last night.

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 09/07/08 04:18 PM

Quote:
it was done tastefully. Adam, there's a couple shots of your truck, and a very brief account of the events. Jay just made it sound like a freak accident, which is exactly what it was.

He does make you out to be a stud for driving it all the way off the trail too.

Look for the September issue - it's in stores right now. I went down to Barnes and Noble and picked up a few copies last night.
Awesome, thanks Andy, my head just grew by about 3 inches... [LOL] I'll get out there and buy a few copies myself. I don't really like subscriptions.

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 09/07/08 06:30 PM

SWEET! Thanks for the heads up DR. I'm headed out now to buy a couple.

That was pretty studly to drive that mangled beast out under it's own power after being tossed around. You are da man. [ThumbsUp]

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 09/07/08 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by T-Ray:
SWEET! Thanks for the heads up DR. I'm headed out now to buy a couple.

That was pretty studly to drive that mangled beast out under it's own power after being tossed around. You are da man. [ThumbsUp]
Ahh, shucks.... :Embarrased [LOL]

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 09/07/08 09:21 PM

Man i hope i can still get a copy laugh

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 10/07/08 07:52 AM

I got three copies just in case... laugh

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 10/07/08 02:13 PM

I was gonna buy another copy, but the stores I went to said some guy named Adam had come in earlier and bought all they had. laugh

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 10/07/08 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Xplore:
I was gonna buy another copy, but the stores I went to said some guy named Adam had come in earlier and bought all they had. laugh
Haha, nope not me, I haven't had the chance to get out and get one!

BTW - I'll sign each copy for a nominal fee... [LOL] J/K

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but.... - 15/07/08 02:18 PM

Got my copy, Jay did a nice writeup about the situation and trail, THANKS!

Too bad the Mag is full of Jeep stuff, but I digress.

Thanks to SWANKY and the Tucson guys again for getting me home and helping out. You're always going to be in my thoughts and best wishes.

Adam