September Excursion

Posted by: Anonymous

September Excursion - 17/08/05 09:59 AM

As nothing was decided at the meeting. Can you post a Poll Gabe with the ideas we suggested? Has the date been verified? If we go with the camping option on FR300 then the earlier in Sept the better in my book, as it will still be hot as hell down here.

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 10:23 AM

Sure, gimme a couple of minutes to check out a calender.

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 03:37 PM

Are American minutes longer than British ones? smile
Posted by: defibvt

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Are American minutes longer than British ones? smile
No comment. laugh

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 05:21 PM

Whew How time flys

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 05:38 PM

[Smoking]

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 05:49 PM

Is that Escher?

Tick, Tock, Tick Tock. Hehe.

We were discussing 3 possibilities.

-)2WD friendly run 1. No Camping. Drive 17 to Stoneman Lake Rd. To Flagstaff, Eat at Mike and Rhonda's, return Via Munds Park Road down 17 and home. (Maybe run to Sedona, Broken arrow on the way)

-)2WD friendly run 2. Camping ?. Drive to FR300 (corrected:) (I think) Never been there. Allways game.

-)2WD friendly run 3. Camping at my Mining Claim, but I don't know the fire restrictions (Prescott Natl. Forrest) and I can't really mine right now until I file a certain "Plan of operation" with BLM. I hope to do that when I have the time. It is close and gas, well you know. There are plenty of forrest roads that we may explore and use the Mining claim as home base.

LET's Wheel!

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 06:09 PM

As of July 29th, fire restrictions lifted in Prescott National Forest.
Prescott Fire Restriction

I am all for a trip to your mine if you get the red tape ironed out

It was FS 300..rim road, not 303.

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 06:11 PM

Thanks ADAM!! those were exactly the choices. Sorry guys I have been so stinking busy with teaching, I had a meeting from 430-600 But that isn't an excuse.

--My vote is for the Mining Area just for the sake of $$$ for gas.

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 06:17 PM

You're welcome. I'm a little biased, so my vote would be spending less on gas and use my claims. Plus I'd like to camp.

Now the Date is?

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 06:26 PM

I Love that picture. smile

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 06:27 PM

Dali. Salvador Dali.
Posted by: Xtasy

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 06:30 PM

Yeah but what's the date. It seems that all the recent outings have been unavailable to me. I'm out of town 9/22-25. The best weekend for me would be the 9/10 or 10/1 if you want to work arond my schedule.

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 06:35 PM

9/10-11 works for me....

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 06:39 PM

Alright, soo, what's going on again? Camping at Knoll Lake campgrounds and an 2wd along FR300 (rim Road)? The weekend of Sept 9-11th? Is that it?

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 06:45 PM

The Camping at Knoll Lake is unofficial outing I invited everyone to come with Bren and I.....

Current voting for Sept Xcursion under way.

Nothing stopping someone from putting together a 4 wheel outing as well.....

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 06:52 PM

LOL too funny... I have almost the whole month off except the 10-11th of September. No worries though I intend to get out several times or more in Sept. including a river trip that Dbax was telling me about up by the hoover dam area I believe he said. I will post up when more detail is available , Currently just getting ready for my trip leaving Sunday.

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 07:19 PM

I was just talking about doing that today Mike smile . Options look like Oct-Nov. Perfect weather and whatnot. I'd like to go wheelin with you in Sept, let me know when you're back [ThumbsUp]

lol, I understand the Knoll Lake camping thing's not an official club meeting. It's always a good time though and I'll be there.

Re: September Excursion - 17/08/05 07:30 PM

10th - 11th works for me. So it's camping at Knoll Lake on 27th - 28th (Unofficially) with Ty & Bren. Then camping again 2 weeks later at the gold claim. Awesome deal, thought I'd only maybe get 1 more trip in this year.

Re: September Excursion - 18/08/05 02:48 AM

Sept 10-11 sounds good to me. I am scheduling myself off for those days so I hope we go on those days.

Re: September Excursion - 20/08/05 06:12 AM

Did we decide on the location?

Re: September Excursion - 20/08/05 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
Did we decide on the location?
I thought something like wink

But you know I'm always up for going back. IF any of you guys want to check out some more photos of our last trip to the the claim check: http://www.rinky.us/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=2

Re: September Excursion - 20/08/05 08:12 AM

That's funny. [LOL]
Posted by: NOSUP4U

Re: September Excursion - 20/08/05 02:14 PM

I'm out of town that Saturday. Depending on what you're doing on Sunday, we might drive up and meet you.

Not sure if we have a date for October yet, but I'm out of town the 8th and the 22nd, so I vote for the 15th as the excursion smile

Re: September Excursion - 20/08/05 02:23 PM

The weekend we do this is Labor Day weekend. Any plans to stay up there until Monday Adam?

Re: September Excursion - 20/08/05 03:14 PM

According to my calendar, Labor day is Mon 9/5, the Xcursion is the following weekend, 10th/11th

Re: September Excursion - 20/08/05 05:09 PM

Ahhh - wife smokes crack in that case. She had the days wrong! lol.

You driving up on Friday next week? If so, what kinda time do you think you will be leaving. I'll be heading straight up the B-Line from Mesa, so we'll have to figure some place to meet up for the Knoll Lake trip if you guys are leaving at a similar time.

Re: September Excursion - 20/08/05 05:19 PM

We will be heading up Fri, prolly early afternoon. Bren has to work in the am, so prolly 2-ish would be my guess. If you want to head up earlier, just grab a nice site with another next to it, and tell the host to reserve one for me. May have a couple of friends coming with, but not sure yet. PM me with your phone # and I will call you and let you know what time we are heading out.
Looks like you and me...not sure if DBAX coming up or not.

Re: September Excursion - 20/08/05 05:33 PM

My cell # is: 602-214-5403 for you and any other AZXC folks who might want it.

I was planning on getting away at around 3 / 3:30.

Re: September Excursion - 21/08/05 06:32 PM

Just back from SD. I'm planning to camp Fri-Sun (26-28th) I'd like to leave early too, 12:30-1 ish. I normally enter FR300 from the west side, so I'll come up 17 to Camp Verde. Then take the 260 up to the T and make a left. The turnoff is 4 miles up on the right side and from there you can drive the whole Rim Road to the Eastern end (28 miles) where Knoll Lake Campgrounds are.

[Smoking]

Re: September Excursion - 21/08/05 06:50 PM

that is the way I go as well...260 out of Camp Verde, then 300 to Knoll Lake....glad you can make it Dan

Re: September Excursion - 21/08/05 07:58 PM

I figured the B-Line would be quicker for me from Mesa, rather than driving up to the I17 at the start of rush hour. B-Line up to Payson then take the 260 up from there. I'll be leaving later than you guys most likely, so save me a spot.

Re: September Excursion - 22/08/05 06:29 AM

We're coming up as well but it won't be until later in the day on Friday. Whats the directions from Payson?

Re: September Excursion - 22/08/05 10:44 AM

According to my map it's 260 North East from Payson. About 12 / 15 miles along 260 you should hit the FR300, Turn West onto FR300. Then another 10 or so miles along FR300 (Past Woods Canyon Lake & Bear Lake) you hit FR295E which heads up to Knoll lake.

If I'm wrong please correct me someone.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/recreation/mog_rim/knoll_camp.shtml

Or from that map it seems you could take Hwy87 North from Payson, then hit the West side of FR300 and take that right accross. I'm thinking I might head home that way on Sunday, so we get to see the views without being in a rush to get somewhere before dark. Plus I want to check out Kehl Springs campground on the West side of FR300 as that's a free camp ground. If that looks nice then I'll head there sometime in the future.

Re: September Excursion - 22/08/05 01:54 PM

Actually you are correct Rinky. I was up there last weekend camping. FR300 is across from a Ranger Scenic Look station.

Re: September Excursion - 23/08/05 08:48 PM

Geez, with everything going on, I almost forgot to post I will not be attending the run to the rim this weekend as it turns out smile I'dve used a sad smiley there but I'll in fact be cleaning out my garage to perhaps have a sale and in turn store both trucks in the garage. I'm not so hot on leaving the X outside at night. Damned meddlin' kids..Have a great time though and if anyone wants to take it, I've got a large inflatable canoe and paddle w/ pumps also..

Re: September Excursion - 24/08/05 09:08 AM

That's a shame. Have fun in the heat doing that. Would be glad to lend a hand next weekend!

Re: September Excursion - 25/08/05 07:16 AM

Well I'm out this weekend. We both have to work Saturdat morning. We are going to go up there next weekend though. Hey DBAX do you still have that center cap and the T-shirts. If so I can drive out to your place or meet you somewhere Sat. afternoon and pick the stuff up?

Re: September Excursion - 25/08/05 03:16 PM

You're welcome to drive out here if you want. I'm at basically 155th ave and Bell Rd. Pm me if you want my # and Address [ThumbsUp]

Re: September Excursion - 31/08/05 10:05 AM

We still a go for Adam's mine claim 9/9 - 9/11? Just want to make sure so I can save up some gas $$$. wink

Re: September Excursion - 31/08/05 11:14 AM

As far as I have been planning that would be a 10-4 good buddy!

You probably won't burn more than 3/4 tank for the whole trip, depending on how much site seeing we do.

There is a gas station on the way that is about 2 miles after you turn off of I-17 on the south side. The last few times I was up there it was way cheaper than the station right at the 17.

Can't wait to get away from it all!

Re: September Excursion - 31/08/05 11:18 AM

Looks like SWANKy is going to try to run Martinez Canyon on the 10th. I'll be trying to make that one myself assuming my flight gets in at a reasonable time on Friday night.

There's another option for you fearless 4wd types with some mods.

Re: September Excursion - 31/08/05 12:23 PM

I'll be at the claim. You'll find me beer in hand in that deep swimming hole a ways up the creek smile

Re: September Excursion - 31/08/05 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Looks like SWANKy is going to try to run Martinez Canyon on the 10th. I'll be trying to make that one myself assuming my flight gets in at a reasonable time on Friday night.

There's another option for you fearless 4wd types with some mods.
Hey Dan you gonna give this one a go again? If so I would like to apply for the copilot job laugh

Re: September Excursion - 31/08/05 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
I'll be at the claim. You'll find me beer in hand in that deep swimming hole a ways up the creek smile
Gives an new meaning to being up the creek? I hope the water is still flowing, but I'm sure it is.

There will be no mining this time around though, FYI. We can play a little with it, but until I have the papers on file, we can only camp. I wouldn't want any issues with the Ranger, she is nice and I don't want to start pissing off the BLM and loose my privilege to be there.

We'll have a great time anyways!

Re: September Excursion - 31/08/05 03:37 PM

Quote:
Hey Dan you gonna give this one a go again? If so I would like to apply for the copilot job
Ya' know, I had the dates crossed up. I'm commited to the Xcursion, confused which I believe is on Adams claim the 9th - 11th. I just saw the Martinez trip getting started and got excited laugh . But that's cool, I know I'll get out there again soon.. [Smoking]

Re: September Excursion - 01/09/05 07:25 AM

Cool, It's looking like we're going to have a descent turnout. [ThumbsUp]

I'll put some location information on the website as we get closer to the 9th, so stay tuned. [Wave]

Re: September Excursion - 02/09/05 10:40 AM

Bump [Smoking]

Re: September Excursion - 06/09/05 05:34 PM

Bump..Adam post directions.

Re: September Excursion - 06/09/05 06:02 PM

Directions can be found at >>CLICKY<<

Re: September Excursion - 07/09/05 06:54 AM

Thanks guys, I'll get something on the Website before the end of today. I've been busy working on getting carpeting into my new house.

Re: September Excursion - 08/09/05 06:05 AM

Carpet is Done! Site is updated as well with the meeting time info.

It may rain, so bring tarps and rope and we'll make our own little tent city. [ThumbsUp]

If someone needs it changed call me. 602-721-6474 I can make some minor adjustment to schedule, etc.

Scott, Joannie and I are going shopping tonight to get the stuff we need. Call me if you want me to pick something up.

Now, If the Dealer has my wiring harness I'll be all set. It was supposed to be there Tues, but no one called then or yesterday. [ThumbsDown]

Re: September Excursion - 08/09/05 06:45 AM

Is the camping friday night and saturday night?

Re: September Excursion - 08/09/05 08:13 AM

Only if you want too.

Defibvt and I will be going up Friday morning and [Edit: Rinky Later in the day. PM Rinky if you want to tag along with someone that has been there and you can't make the earlier time.] Anyone is welcome to come with, hence the Meet at Chevron.

I will have some Bright green 8x11 signs to follow for those that are going up separately on Saturday.

Thanks!

Re: September Excursion - 08/09/05 08:18 AM

Bren and I planning on heading up there Fri afternoon. Hope to get out before rush hour. We will try to make the Chevron meeting time, but not sure yet, as Bren has to work in the am.

Re: September Excursion - 08/09/05 08:29 AM

Cool, Sorry you won't be able to meet up with us, but I don't think you'll have a problem finding the Claims.

Just follow the Posted Directions and we'll have our FRS Radios on as well as Scott may have his CB hooked up by then.

We'll keep an Eye out for ya. wink

Re: September Excursion - 08/09/05 11:34 AM

I'll be there just before dark hopefully. Getting off work at around 1:30p. Save me a spot somewhere for my spacious weekend residence.

Make sure your pans are out of harms way!! smile

Re: September Excursion - 08/09/05 02:00 PM

Sorry Roger, there's no room for mansions on this one. [LOL] J/K, however I won't be panning this time around due to not having all the paperwork in order to do so.

Just a camping, playing, drinking, etc. run with some good folk.

We'll see ya there!

Re: September Excursion - 08/09/05 08:11 PM

PM'd ya Adam about your thoughts on doing some shooting out in the valley at the claim. Wouldn't dream of bringing the gun (If a .22 revolver can be considered a gun) along without your permission tho. I think your wife said something about you and someone doing some shooting out there and I've had this thing for a year and never shot it.
Posted by: XROCK

Re: September Excursion - 08/09/05 09:42 PM

Any possibility for hiking on Saturday?
Posted by: XROCK

Re: September Excursion - 08/09/05 09:49 PM

also, can someone send good directions and a cell phone number of someone going to my work email address (can't check xoc there)

brian.hauser@icegallery.com

We might go- late notice, but we might be able to squeez it in.

Re: September Excursion - 09/09/05 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XROCK:
Any possibility for hiking on Saturday?
There's an orchard about a mile away that is a nice little hike from the claims. My wife may like to take someone with her there.

Rinky, Let's save the shoot'n for another gun toting, rooting, tooting, heat carrying trip. [ThumbsUp]

Re: September Excursion - 09/09/05 12:00 PM

Not making the same mistake as last time and trying to get on the I17 from the 101 in Rush Hour. I'll be taking Scottsdale Rd north from the 101 and head accross on Carefree Hwy, give that route a try for a change. Hopefully that will get me there an hour quicker than last time, when it took over an hour just to get to Anthem from the 101/202 ramp.
Posted by: Xtasy

Re: September Excursion - 09/09/05 03:42 PM

We're out, Anaïs has a really bad fever and we are unble to attend

Re: September Excursion - 11/09/05 12:36 PM

A fun weekends camping and wheeling was had by all. Uploading the photos as I type. Tested Adams 05 a little on some rocky stuff, I rode along with him as the camera bitch. I'm hella impressed by the locker, so much so that I think I'm gonna try for the OR myself rather than the S. Might even go for the auto trans too! smile

Photos will soon appear on my site at Clicky

Re: September Excursion - 11/09/05 02:45 PM

Bren and I had a great time, and will look forward to attending the next time Conundrum opens his claim up to us squatters/claim jumpers.. cool
Thanks again for inviting us up there.

Defibv: If you cannot post the photos Linda took, email them to Rinky or I to post. Bren wants the photo Linda took of our monsters "cuddling" by the fire.

Congratulations again to Defibvt and Linda! [ThumbsUp] Not many people would have spent their honeymoon hanging out with ragtag group of X owners camping at a mining claim.

Re: September Excursion - 11/09/05 02:54 PM

Photos all uploaded now.

This I believe is the photo of which you speak.

Here is the link to the insanely large 3072 x 2304 version.

Clicky

Re: September Excursion - 11/09/05 03:21 PM

I love the way the Dog is spotting for you in this one! smile

Re: September Excursion - 11/09/05 03:26 PM

HAHA....that is the one Bren wanted, with Hailey watching out the window. She wants me to put it on our wesite.....thanks Rog. [ThumbsUp]

Re: September Excursion - 11/09/05 03:34 PM

Looks like it was a great time! I wish i could of made it up there.

See ya'll at the meeting.

Re: September Excursion - 11/09/05 03:50 PM

We had a great time with you guys and look forward to our next Xcursion!

Thanks, Adam, Joannie and Terra

Love the Pictures and I updated the Site With Roger's picture of Defibvt in the Mud.

Have a great week everyone.

Re: September Excursion - 11/09/05 09:40 PM

Thanks everyone for a great time. Linda and I couldn't have spent a more fun honeymoon than with a bunch of folks doing what we like to do. Ie Offroad and camp. Adam, Joanie, and Terra we thank you for your hospitality and look forward to more trips by the stream in the woods.

Re: September Excursion - 12/09/05 07:45 AM

Looks like you all had a great time. Sorry I couldn't make this one. With work and being a bit under the weather myself it just wasn't possible. Nice pics Rinky.
Posted by: Yzerman

Re: September Excursion - 12/09/05 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
Linda and I couldn't have spent a more fun honeymoon
[Huh?] [Freak] eek [Freak] [Huh?]

Did I miss something here?

Re: September Excursion - 12/09/05 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Yzerman:
Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
[b]Linda and I couldn't have spent a more fun honeymoon
[Huh?] [Freak] eek [Freak] [Huh?]

Did I miss something here?[/b]
What the Hell??? Scott???

Re: September Excursion - 12/09/05 08:42 AM

Just Married and playing in the Mud already!

Congrats! [ThumbsUp]

Letting her Drive too. Now that's trust. [Laughing]

Re: September Excursion - 12/09/05 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Xtasy:
We're out, Anaïs has a really bad fever and we are unble to attend
Sorry you couldn't make it and hope the Kiddo is doing ok now.

Re: September Excursion - 12/09/05 09:41 AM

When did all this happen??

Re: September Excursion - 12/09/05 01:16 PM

I think I missed it to Gabe... Scott I take it you got married, Didnt even know you were engaged [Freak] . Must have happened real fast anyway Congrats on the marrage and hope you to are happy and have a great life together.

Re: September Excursion - 12/09/05 07:26 PM

Congrats again Scott and Linda.
Driving straight to the Xcursion after getting married in Vegas the day before seems a great way to spend a hoenymoon.
We all had a great time, but I figured Adam would be sick after drinking some of that leftover champagne the next morning.......blech!

Re: September Excursion - 12/09/05 07:41 PM

I still can't believe he drank it. That was hardcore.

Re: September Excursion - 12/09/05 08:57 PM

[LOL]

Mmmm, Champagne. [Freak]
Posted by: Yzerman

Re: September Excursion - 12/09/05 09:00 PM

Congrads Scott! [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: NOSUP4U

Re: September Excursion - 13/09/05 08:25 AM

Sheez, I've been avoiding this thread because its so long, but had to check it out finally because it keeps getting bumped up and I was wondering what could be so important... smile

Well I guess Scott got married, so thats reasonably important smile Congrats bud!

Re: September Excursion - 13/09/05 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NOSUP4U:

Well I guess Scott got married, so thats reasonably important smile Congrats bud!
Kinda think it is important myself. laugh

Ok, now some info. Her name is Linda. She is a Respiratory Therapist at Del E Webb Hospital. We got married in Las Vegas on 9-9-05 at 9am. We then went camping at Adam's mining claim for our honeymoon. She loves to offroad, camp, and sing songs (not)and is a sports fanatic.