wiring lights to fog light switch

Posted by: NOSUP4U

wiring lights to fog light switch - 28/03/05 05:27 PM

So since I have a new bumper now, I don't have fog lights anymore. I was thinking of installing some KC type lights on the bumper and roof. Anyone have any idea if there is a way I could wire it somehow so the switch to turn the fogs on and off is what I would use to turn them on and off?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: wiring lights to fog light switch - 28/03/05 05:33 PM

[Wave] Mark, this came from the XOC "electrical" forum. In there, they answer all types of questions related to automotive electrical problems. CLICK

Re: wiring lights to fog light switch - 28/03/05 05:43 PM

Dan,

Thanks, I don't read XOC much but I'll browse around in there. From the looks of that thread, they were doing fog lights. My question was more, if I hooked up really bright high powered KC lights, would this blow something up because they're so much more powerful than fog lights?

Re: wiring lights to fog light switch - 28/03/05 05:51 PM

I searched using "wiring fog lights", and 22 threads came up.Mess around with the wording and see what else comes up. As far as reading the XOC, there is NO greater wealth of information on your vehicle anywhere, than right here. smile
PS- in the original link I've posted, the dagrams are for wiring KC lights wink

Re: wiring lights to fog light switch - 28/03/05 06:01 PM

Mark, I have been toying around with hooking up some lights myself. I read alot about it. The X alternator has the capability to do alot when it comes to lights. You need the right gauge wire and relays and you should have no problems if you look at the KC website they give great diagrams for hooking up lights. I also have two diagrams that I made up that would use a trailer harness giving me the ability to remove the lights should I please. Let me know and I can help if you want.

Re: wiring lights to fog light switch - 29/03/05 01:05 AM

Thanks guys. I have to get to my T-bars first, but then maybe we can all get together and work on lights sometime.
Posted by: XROCK

Re: wiring lights to fog light switch - 29/03/05 05:12 AM

I'd be in for that

Re: wiring lights to fog light switch - 29/03/05 05:56 AM

Brian, get that lift on yet laugh
Posted by: XROCK

Re: wiring lights to fog light switch - 29/03/05 08:26 AM

Nope- I'm hoping for this weekend. I spent last weekend tweaking the bumper and changing a few things. Then primer and paint. Looks awesome!