Need Help finding an Installer for T-Case

Posted by: XCETRA

Need Help finding an Installer for T-Case - 10/03/03 02:31 PM

I ordered my new Calmin T-Case Gears and I called 4 Wheelers Supply to do it with my Rear Air Locker and they said they will not touch the T-Case on a Nissan. So then I called ABC Nissan and they said that it would be an astronomical figure almost more than the Gears. Does anyone know someone or a shop that can put these in that is good?

Thank you,
Posted by: Craigs_Tonka

Re: Need Help finding an Installer for T-Case - 10/03/03 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XCETRA:
Does anyone know someone or a shop that can put these in that is good?
This one could prove difficult. It's the age old issue that 4x4 shops either don't want to, or don't have the knowledge to, work on our Nissans. And your typical garage is not familiar with ripping apart Nissan transfer cases. frown Good luck, you may have to make lots of calls or check the yellow pages for shops that advertise Nissans. confused
Posted by: XOC

Re: Need Help finding an Installer for T-Case - 10/03/03 11:21 PM

Your Nissan dealership should be able to do it in 5 hours or less. If not, find a better dealership.

Re: Need Help finding an Installer for T-Case - 11/03/03 07:49 AM

I guess I should call Nissan of Scottsdale and Midway because ABC wanted almost $200 an hour if it only took 5 hours. What is a fair hourly rate?
Posted by: Craigs_Tonka

Re: Need Help finding an Installer for T-Case - 11/03/03 07:55 AM

Mike R. could give you the going rate for mechanics work, but I would think it would be around $50 per hour.
Posted by: XterrAZ

Re: Need Help finding an Installer for T-Case - 11/03/03 09:55 AM

When Kerry left there it was at $82 per flat rate hour.

We can get a better deal than that there and Jeff Leitner can do the work.

The guy that sets up the meeting room for us is Bob McGuiness, he's the assistant service manager. Andy, get with him on Friday night at the meeting and work something out. Dan, the parts manager, had said that service was willing to discount their labor for us and Jeff is a very good technician.

Re: Need Help finding an Installer for T-Case - 11/03/03 02:19 PM

Thanks Mike, I really appreciate that. I would like to see if we can call Bob, because unfortunately I do not think I will be able to make the meeting this week. I am in New Mexico right now on business and may be camping that night. Email me if this will work for you.
crmandy@hotmail.com