$300 to spend on .... what???

Posted by: NOSUP4U

$300 to spend on .... what??? - 22/09/03 02:05 PM

Ok, my Bday is coming up, and I think I have about $300 to spend. I had told Shannon I wanted an Ipod, but I think I'm changing my tune (haha) and am going to opt for putting some more cash into the Xterra. So I'm taking a vote on what I need next. Currently, I have the 3 pak AAL, a steering stabilizer, new shocks, and thats pretty much it.

I would like a new front bumper at some point, so I think I need to do something else to my front end. Right now, I just have the torsion bars cranked up. So maybe UCA's or something? Or maybe new exhaust? Or maybe a new Air intake filter? Any other ideas?

One thing I will say, I'm going to replace the horn, but that won't cut into my budget too much smile

Mark (NOSUP4U)
Posted by: TremorX

Re: $300 to spend on .... what??? - 22/09/03 02:17 PM

You could buy me some tires.
Posted by: spooky1

Re: $300 to spend on .... what??? - 22/09/03 04:37 PM

Hey Mark, I don't remember if you have sliders yet or not. If not, then they would be at the top of my list. Or, wait and pool B-Day money with X-mas money and get the front bumper. That's what I'd do. cool
Posted by: Accasbel

Re: $300 to spend on .... what??? - 22/09/03 04:53 PM

a catered bbq party with a few kegs of beer...

but if ya want more than memories (or lack of them), i'd go with sliderz
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: $300 to spend on .... what??? - 22/09/03 05:16 PM

Can't go wrong with sliders (XTERRA HAUS) and the fipk is nice too if you haven't already gotten one.. smile

Re: $300 to spend on .... what??? - 22/09/03 05:19 PM

Ok, I guess I missed a few things. I already have sliders, I've done the Thor mod, I have a bug shield, and have new tires of course.

I'd save up for the bumper, but I worry about all that weight on the front with only the torsion bars cranked up. I feel like thats a recipe for something to break, no?

Mark
Posted by: XROCK

Re: $300 to spend on .... what??? - 22/09/03 07:54 PM

I ran like that for quite a while an never broke anything.

Of course, the UCA's would be a logical next step so you can raise the front up a bit and take some stress off the t-bars (or spend a tad more and get the stronger t-bars as well)

The bumpers are purely a mod to make the truck look and feel tougher. I've gained only a little bit of clearance, a new tow point and more weight with mine.

Re: $300 to spend on .... what??? - 22/09/03 08:48 PM

Well, I smashed up my lower front bumper pretty bad on a rock a few months ago. If I had a nice meaty ARB, I would have just slid right up that rock with nothing left behind but a really scraped up bumper smile

My windshield wiper fluid tank might even still be in one piece... smile

Hrm, so many choices...

Actually, sounds like the wife might have already purchased the Ipod for my Bday, so this thread might be a mood point now. Least I'll have some good tunes. Maybe I'll upgrade the sound system? smile

Mark