April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon

Posted by: defibvt

April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 07/03/08 11:49 PM

Wanted to start an official thread to see the interest of those wanting to attend. As of right now this is what is know.

Xterra Triathalon date: April 26, 2008 (Saturday)

Time to meet before race: 6:30AM at the Gate at the end of Butcher Jones.

You will need an FRS or CB for this Xcursion. If you don't have either some of use (like myself) will have extra FRS radios with us.

I plan to camp the night before. I will be meeting just inside the green gate at Butcher Jones at 1pm. Please post up if you are interested in camping or volunteering for the triathlon or both. I will attempt to keep a running total in this post.

AZXC has guaranteed 8 trucks out there to help out. There will be free pizza, beer, and T-shirts for all volunteers.

Defibvt - Camping & Volunteering
Conundrum - Volunteering
DBAX - Camping & Volunteering
AZ-Ted - Camping & Volunteering
SoldierX - Camping & Volunteering
Onix - Camping & Volunteering
MadManX - Camping & Volunteering
RedFronty - Camping & Voluteering
Lucky13 - Camping & Volunteering
XCJ - Camping & Volunteering
PHXX - Camping & Volunteering (both tentative)
AZBUMBLEBEE - Volunteering

Info page from DCB Adventures (they host the event) Xterra Triathlon Info Page

ETA - Meet time info. Conundrum cool
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 08/03/08 08:19 AM

I plan on attending again this year, but probably wont be camping.

[Wave]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 08/03/08 09:51 AM

This post is info on the PRE-meeting April 5th at 3pm. The coordinator wants to meet at Butcher Jones' parking area. Not mandatory, but informative and a good excuse to get out...if ya need one.

This is the email from David:
-----------------------------
Hey Greg (Off-Road coordinator), Tim (AZXTERRA 4X4 Club), Josh (Road Safety), Nick (Run Aide Station Volunteers) and Gary (Road Safety), I am going to have a dry-run meeting for Arizona Xtreme Desert Triathlon (the April 26 event) on April 5th out at Saguaro Lake to go over each phase of the event. I know all of you know what you are doing, however it'll give my folks an opportunity to meet you all and ask questions if they need. Please let me know if this will work for you. I would like to plan on meeting at water users parking lot at 3PM if you can do that... Meeting shouldn't take more than a couple of hours, and if you are interested, I'll probably run the course after if you want to join me, Thank you, David Benjes DCB Extreme Adventures
------------------------------

I am all in for playng around at the Coves before and/or after the meeting and possibly camping if anyone is interested.

Again...this post is strictly info on the PRE-MEETING on APRIL 5th, not the actual race on April 26th.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 08/03/08 12:38 PM

Is this something where we run, swim, and then bike? or is it something else?

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 08/03/08 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Yasha:
You'll help in the support of it. [ThumbsUp]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 08/03/08 04:55 PM

Quote:
We may need you to get out in front and pace the racers...
[img]http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/1120107.j...930FDCFC4C15FBB[/img]

*On a more serious note, I would really like to come! I would camp and volunteer... I'll go ahead and request work off, so put me in as a definate.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 08/03/08 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
Quote:
[b]Is this something where we run, swim, and then bike? or is it something else?
You'll help in the support of it. [ThumbsUp] [/b]
sounds reassuring?

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 08/03/08 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasonazx:
*On a more serious note, I would really like to come! I would camp and volunteer... I'll go ahead and request work off, so put me in as a definate.[/QB]
Cool Jason. Look forward to it.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 08/03/08 07:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Is this something where we run, swim, and then bike? or is it something else?
You'll help in the support of it. [ThumbsUp] [/b]
sounds reassuring?[/b]
Yasha, or role is to help with being posted along the mountain bike route. We are there to help injured riders. We can't help those racing. In fact, giving them water while they are racing is not allowed.

We use FRS or CB to communicate up and down the mountain bike course.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 08/03/08 08:10 PM

Count me in for volunteering and camping. I won't get out of work until 5, so I'll have to meet you later.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 08/03/08 09:41 PM

Ok, now everything sounds clear.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 08/03/08 11:10 PM

Quote:
Ok, now everything sounds clear.
aww man, i thought you were gonna slap some azxc sticker on yourself and represent the club in the race.. think your in shape for it?

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 09/03/08 09:57 AM

I'm working nights now so camping is out but I can be there in the morning depending on how early they need us there. If I can't make it out early enough to 'work' I'd still love to come out & 'play' afterward. laugh

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 09/03/08 11:48 AM

Good to hear from ya Pluvo. It's been awhile.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 10/03/08 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pluvo:
I'm working nights now so camping is out but I can be there in the morning depending on how early they need us there. If I can't make it out early enough to 'work' I'd still love to come out & 'play' afterward. laugh
If you plan on coming out early the morning of, get with Conundrum and set-up details to meet since he is not camping either. Goes for anyone else too...hope to see ya out there pluvo.

Then let those of us camping know so we can send a scout to come meet ya and take you to the right place.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 10/03/08 09:26 AM

I can't make any guarantee's. I've passed the 3 tests I have so far with the California Highway Patrol. so I have no clue on when I have to be back frown I'll probably have to make the decision the week of.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 10/03/08 02:56 PM

Dont worry Yasha smile

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 10/03/08 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by first class X:
Dont worry Yasha smile
In the most polite fashion, could you please introduce yourself?

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 10/03/08 05:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by first class X:
[b]Dont worry Yasha smile
In the most polite fashion, could you please introduce yourself?[/b]
ONIX @ WORK

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 10/03/08 11:23 PM

Well s**t. I am going to be out of the country that day too. Take pictures!

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 11/03/08 07:06 AM

Bummer dude...although if you get to go to Switzerland again, don't be complaining too loud. wink

Looks like we will have a GREAT showing for the race. If you are planning on going post up so I can continue to update the roster. [ThumbsUp]

defibvt...you will definately NOT be camping alone this year!

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 11/03/08 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-Ted:
Count me in for volunteering and camping. I won't get out of work until 5, so I'll have to meet you later.
Lindsey doesn't get outta work till 5pm at the latest either. I think SoldierX can't make it out till after work time also.

I say let's plan a group to meet at the green gate around 6:30pm. I will run out there early with defibvt around 1pm to set up my spot then run back to get my wife and meet the after work group.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 11/03/08 07:13 AM

That's a perfect plan T-Ray. If I get there a little early, I'll just play on some of the hills until 6:30, and then meet at the green gate.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 11/03/08 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by T-Ray:
Quote:
[b]Count me in for volunteering and camping. I won't get out of work until 5, so I'll have to meet you later.
Lindsey doesn't get outta work till 5pm at the latest either. I think SoldierX can't make it out till after work time also.

I say let's plan a group to meet at the green gate around 6:30pm. I will run out there early with defibvt around 1pm to set up my spot then run back to get my wife and meet the after work group.[/b]
Hopefully a couple of people can show up at 1pm. It will be easier to hold a spot.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 11/03/08 05:06 PM

Those of you who aren't camping will meet in the parking lot outside the green gate at O dark thirty. I am not sure of the time yet. T-Ray will find out at the pre-meeting.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 11/03/08 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Count me in for volunteering and camping. I won't get out of work until 5, so I'll have to meet you later.

I say let's plan a group to meet at the green gate around 6:30pm. I will run out there early with defibvt around 1pm to set up my spot then run back to get my wife and meet the after work group.[/b]
Hopefully a couple of people can show up at 1pm. It will be easier to hold a spot.[/b]
Scott, i'm hoping to get there around then.. Thanks for having me by the way!

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 11/03/08 06:39 PM

would be nice to camp .....im in laugh [ThumbsUp]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 11/03/08 08:18 PM

have to check my on call schedual. but other than that you know im in
-------------------
:C i have a flat tire... stupid nails..

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 11/03/08 10:00 PM

OK, Tim I'm updating the website and you have the 26th down as a Sunday, when it is a Saturday. confused

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 12/03/08 05:27 AM

Should be the 26th, not sure how I got it as Sunday...?

***PM me your shirt size so I can get them to David ASAP. Your rider gets one too.***

I will send him sizes Friday, so figure yours out by then!!!
Posted by: MadManX

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 12/03/08 07:55 AM

Damn... I didn't even post up and I'm already on the list. You guys are starting to know me too well.

I'll Volunteer and Camp with the X... Fronty is iffy... Ordering parts for a custom lift the end of the week and if it's installed in time (and her CB installed too I hope) and Sheila doesn't have a "party" scheduled she'll be in too with her rig... And if no party... She'll be riding along and camping to I'm sure.

-MadManX

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 12/03/08 05:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

Hopefully a couple of people can show up at 1pm. It will be easier to hold a spot.[/b]
Scott, i'm hoping to get there around then.. Thanks for having me by the way!
Once AZXC always AZXC. laugh

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 13/03/08 08:28 AM

My son and I will be camping. I am kinda planning to go up on Friday, early during the day and keep my brat out of school. Anyone else going up early on Friday to claim a spot? We can figure that out on the 5th and hope to get first dibs on the 25th.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 13/03/08 09:24 AM

How early? I know Scott will be out there at 1pm, hopefully I will be also and Jason too.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 13/03/08 09:24 PM

For those of you who aren't familiar with the triathlon, here is the official website. Scrolling down to the bottom, you can see our "old" AZXC sticker.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 14/03/08 06:48 AM

Quote:
For those of you who aren't familiar with the triathlon, here is the official website. Scrolling down to the bottom, you can see our "old" AZXC sticker.

Ummm..Ted. Look at the first post of this thread.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 14/03/08 09:14 AM

Quote:
Ummm..Ted. Look at the first post of this thread.
Oops. I suck at backtracking and reading the first page of a multi-page post.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 17/03/08 07:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I'll be making it out early... I should be able to meet up at 1pm too. I'm normally out the door at noon on Fridays. Sheila still isn't sure about the Fronty... We get parts lists and hopefully start ordering parts this week. So we will be cutting it close. But she could pick up Lindsey and bring her in, or if the Fronty is a no go on the trail at least bring her to the trail head for us to go pick them up.

-MadManX

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 17/03/08 02:02 PM

Quote:
OK, Tim I'm updating the website and you have the 26th down as a Sunday, when it is a Saturday. confused
I saw that as Sunday too. Now it all depends on getting that Saturday night off.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 17/03/08 02:03 PM

Hope you can swing it Tom, haven't got to hang/wheel with you much. [Wave]
Posted by: XCJ

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 19/03/08 08:37 AM

I really want to come to this one. Can you put me down as tentative for camping and volunteering? I am going to request to move my days off so that I can make it.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 24/03/08 04:55 PM

Hey Tim, sorry it took me so long to get back. I was in Cali for spring break with my son. Too many people, anyhoo, I had planned on heading out late morning and picking up a few things. I hadn't really planned a time, but assumed being in the Butcher Jones area around mid day. We're camping in the usual cove right?

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 24/03/08 04:57 PM

Cool. Not sure where exactly...wherever we find that will accomodate about a dozen trucks.
We'll know more as it gets near.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 24/03/08 05:14 PM

If we make it to the cove first, we can dominate the major spot there in the middle. If you were there when some moron tried to shoot his friends dog for biting him, you should know what spot I speak of. Maybe I might try to kick out there first thing on Friday morning. I was kinda planning to camp Friday and Saturday night at the cove.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 01/04/08 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SoldierX:
If we make it to the cove first, we can dominate the major spot there in the middle. If you were there when some moron tried to shoot his friends dog for biting him, you should know what spot I speak of. Maybe I might try to kick out there first thing on Friday morning. I was kinda planning to camp Friday and Saturday night at the cove.
Usual cove there SolderX. Get us a spot if you can. I was hoping for the big spot like you mentioned.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 02/04/08 06:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]If we make it to the cove first, we can dominate the major spot there in the middle. If you were there when some moron tried to shoot his friends dog for biting him, you should know what spot I speak of. Maybe I might try to kick out there first thing on Friday morning. I was kinda planning to camp Friday and Saturday night at the cove.
Usual cove there SolderX. Get us a spot if you can. I was hoping for the big spot like you mentioned.[/b]
Which cove is the normal cove? ... It only takes me 25 minutes to get from the cattle guard to the 5th cove. I plan to be out around 1ish so I could have us a spot staked by 1:30 or earlier.

-MadManX

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 03/04/08 06:45 AM

Check out the map, the first major cove is the one we've frequented for years. It's the largest and most popular. It has a big hill next to it that vehicles like to play on. From the looks of this years map, the water looks high and has pushed into the tree line, this may be an issue, unless someone has been there in the last couple of weeks to check the site out. Saguaro Lake LINKY It will definately be a race for space if the water is high. I think the name of the area is Skunk wash. MAP
picture map LINKY

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 03/04/08 12:44 PM

If it is the first cove with the big sandy beach... Its still there... I've been to the coves almost weekly this past couple months. The water is high (to the point that they have been releasing from canyon and from here nightly).

Only thing I've noticed is the boats move into this cove very quickly though. And it is a very high traffic area (within easy reach of the quads still).

The first cove only takes me maybe 10 minutes to get too... But with such a wide open space... And the boats... Even a couple trucks couldn't take that whole beach over. We would need quiet a few.

Phil has been camping in that cove a couple weeks ago too... maybe he can pipe up with some more insight.

-MadManX

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 03/04/08 12:56 PM

I was out there a couple of weeks ago and it was fine. Some old timers were out to do some fishing and that was it. Nobody too crazy, but I hear it can get like that though.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 03/04/08 01:22 PM

We should be fine for getting dibs on the primary spot. Somebody or several somebodies from our club will make it out there before others get off from work. I planned to get over to Butcher Jones about midmorning, by 1000 then head to the cove and claim the spot. I'm camping Friday and Saturday night. I might get some tape to cordon off an area. 12 vehicles right?

You know, I have lived here all my life and went to Saguaro all of the time as a kid, and that's the only cove I have ever been to. Some time, I'll have to make a trip out to the more remote coves.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 04/04/08 08:17 AM

Quote:
We should be fine for getting dibs on the primary spot. Somebody or several somebodies from our club will make it out there before others get off from work. I planned to get over to Butcher Jones about midmorning, by 1000 then head to the cove and claim the spot. I'm camping Friday and Saturday night. I might get some tape to cordon off an area. 12 vehicles right?

You know, I have lived here all my life and went to Saguaro all of the time as a kid, and that's the only cove I have ever been to. Some time, I'll have to make a trip out to the more remote coves.
I'll be out early... Just not that early smile ... Sheila can't make it though... She has one of those girlie parties to host. So the big fronty (well it better be tuned up by then) will probably not be there.

The other coves are pretty cool... Maybe I'll give ya a quick run out the th 5th cove and back if we get there early enough. I can make the run in about 45 minutes out and back... And if I really get lucky and can barrow the Fronty... Damn I could go fast smile

-MadManX

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 04/04/08 08:25 AM

Quote:

By my count so far we will have AT LEAST 12 trucks out there. Should be plenty to take over that area.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 04/04/08 09:52 AM

Unfortunately, I have to back out. The annual charity golf tournament for our union charity is that morning, so I have been volunteered to help out. sucks to b the new guy.
On a side note, if you know anyone that might like to play golf that day, the money goes to Surprise firefighter charities.
Also, if you know anyone that might like to sponsor a hole or donate a prize to the raffle, please let me know, or call me at 602-402-4998

Saturday, April 26th, 2008
SURPRISE FIREFIGHTERS CHARITIES
GOLF TOURNAMENT

Arizona Traditions Golf Course
17225 N. Citrus Road
Surprise, AZ 85374
623-584-4000

Saturday, April 26th
Cost: $75 per player
Registration 7:00 AM
100 Golfers - 25 Teams

Enjoy a complete program of special events, 18 hole scramble with a shot gun start (including cart), lunch, raffle prizes, silent auction, and 1st, 2nd, 3rd, place prizes. All for just $75 / player.

• Putting Contest
• Longest Drive Contests
• Closest to the Pin Challenge
• Silent Auctions
• Raffle Prizes

Questions?
Call: 623-764-5267
Mike Bennie

1st ANNUAL TOURNAMENT

PROCEEDS BENEFIT SURPRISE FIREFIGHTER CHARITITES

April 26th, 2008

Registration begins at 7am, with shot gun tee-off at 8 am.

To help us properly plan for this event, please pre-register by contacting Mike Bennie at mbennie2@msn.com or 623-764-5267. Please send registration checks to P.O. Box 9305, Surprise, Arizona 85374.

WE ARE LOOKING FOR HOLE SPONSORS! Sponsor a hole for $100 a hole and get recognition for your business!

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 04/04/08 01:12 PM

Georgi, thanks for getting out there early. Is alex going to be with you? I look forward to seeing y'all again.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 04/04/08 08:53 PM

Yep, Alex is going, He's not going to go to school that day. I know, I'm such a cool mom, as long as my kid isn't a trouble maker or gets bad grades, that is. wink

Tomorrow I'm doing a trip with my uncle's church group, Ajax, never been there. If I'm lucky, I'll avoid breaking anything important and show up those Christian Outdoorsmen laugh

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 04/04/08 10:36 PM

Quote:
Yep, Alex is going, He's not going to go to school that day. I know, I'm such a cool mom, as long as my kid isn't a trouble maker or gets bad grades, that is. wink

Tomorrow I'm doing a trip with my uncle's church group, Ajax, never been there. If I'm lucky, I'll avoid breaking anything important and show up those Christian Outdoorsmen laugh
Have fun and give alex a hi from me. He is a cool kid.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 05/04/08 11:05 PM

Bumblebee here had to add Az to the name to use this site. Good to meet all at the meeting yesterday. I'm not a member yet but count me in for volunteering.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 05/04/08 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AZBUMBLEBEE:
Bumblebee here had to add Az to the name to use this site. Good to meet all at the meeting yesterday. I'm not a member yet but count me in for volunteering.
Welcome AZBUMBLEBEE (Harry)!!! It is good to see you on the board. I can't wait to see your truck out on the trails.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 06/04/08 03:41 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Bumblebee here had to add Az to the name to use this site. Good to meet all at the meeting yesterday. I'm not a member yet but count me in for volunteering.
Welcome AZBUMBLEBEE (Harry)!!! It is good to see you on the board. I can't wait to see your truck out on the trails.[/b]
I like the Calmini front bumper. the only issue with it, is that it feels like it kills ground clearance with the radiator skid. hmm, wonder if ARB is coming out with a 2nd Gen bumper

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 06/04/08 07:23 AM

Quote:
it feels like it kills ground clearance with the radiator skid.
Most of us drive on our tires.. [Freak]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 07/04/08 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Quote:
[LOL]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 07/04/08 07:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
[b]
Quote:
[LOL] [/b]
Yeah, driving on the "radiator skid plate" leaves dirty skid marks!

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 12/04/08 10:34 PM

Quote:
Wanted to start an official thread to see the interest of those wanting to attend. As of right now this is what is know.

Time to meet before race: Unknown at this time.

You will need an FRS or CB for this Xcursion. If you don't have either some of use (like myself) will have extra FRS radios with us.

I plan to camp the night before. I will be meeting just inside the green gate at Butcher Jones at 1pm. Please post up if you are interested in camping or volunteering for the triathlon or both. I will attempt to keep a running total in this post.

AZXC has guaranteed 8 trucks out there to help out. There will be free pizza, beer, and T-shirts for all volunteers.

T-Ray - Camping & Volunteering
Conundrum - Volunteering
JasonazFZJ wink - Camping & Volunteering
RedFronty - TBD based on mods completed
XCJ - Camping & Volunteering (both tentative)

When did Preston (PHXX) sign up?

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 12/04/08 10:47 PM

Quote:

Time to meet before race: Unknown at this time.

T-Ray - Camping & Volunteering
Conundrum - Volunteering
JasonazFZJ wink - Camping & Volunteering
RedFronty - TBD based on mods completed
XCJ - Camping & Volunteering (both tentative)

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 13/04/08 02:24 AM

I don't know. He hasn't posted to the thread. Maybe he sent a pm to Tim. Maybe they have a secret relationship going on since they have Gen 1 Xterra's. :p

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 13/04/08 12:25 PM

Quote:
Tim and I talked to him about it when we met him at the bank to update the signatures on the AZXC account.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 13/04/08 03:17 PM

Still think they have a Gen 1 kinda love going on. [Spit]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 13/04/08 07:00 PM

Quote:
Still think they have a Gen 1 kinda love going on. [Spit]
I definately think you are right! I think they are planning the right moment when they can come together physically and emotionally for a gen2 stuck recovery... [LOL]

*I wouldn't count on Preston coming though.... [ThumbsDown]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 14/04/08 05:59 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Still think they have a Gen 1 kinda love going on. [Spit]
I definately think you are right! I think they are planning the right moment when they can come together physically and emotionally for a gen2 stuck recovery... [LOL]

[/b]
LMAO

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 14/04/08 06:01 AM

Quote:
Quote:

*I wouldn't count on Preston coming though.... [ThumbsDown] [/b]
Doesn't Preston like us any more? frown

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 14/04/08 06:41 AM

Like Ted said...we talked about it at the bank. Although he does live around the block from me, I hardly ever see him.

He said his truck is tight and trail ready though. I put him on the list to send some positive vibes that he would be there.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 14/04/08 02:24 PM

Work came through and approved my days off, so I am 100% in for camping and helping out. You can take me off the tentative list for a change! [ThumbsUp]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 14/04/08 06:52 PM

Quote:
Glad you are gonna make it out. Will you be camping Friday night with everyone as well...?

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 14/04/08 10:30 PM

Will make it out early in the morning, will post if schedule changes. Should I bring out an awning along with the usual supplies? Hope it's not in the 100's for the runners. Thx FOG

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 15/04/08 05:38 AM

Cool. [ThumbsUp] If you have an awning, I'd bring it. Unless you wanna take full advantage of the blazing Arizona sun.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 15/04/08 09:38 AM

i will break out the solar panel and take advantage of the sun so i will bring lots of movies to last the day and a pop up tent wooohooo laugh

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 15/04/08 09:47 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

*I wouldn't count on Preston coming though.... [ThumbsDown] [/b]
Doesn't Preston like us any more? frown [/b]
I think he has different interests now that are "more important". Ya know, crazy college kid stuff.... :rolleyes:

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 15/04/08 09:57 AM

Bring food and he will come !

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 16/04/08 06:42 PM

Bad news here for T-Ray...gotta go under the knife next Thursday or Friday so I am gonna miss out on all the fun with you kids. [Crybaby] Gotta get it done ASAP and that is the earliest the Doc can do it.

Have fun, take some video of Mtn Bikers bailing on those hills for me. laugh

2% chance I will be recovered enough to be there for the end of the race, but we shall see.

I need someone to grab me a XL shirt if possible.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 17/04/08 12:22 AM

Well, that's a bummer Tim. Get well soon.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 17/04/08 07:59 AM

Wow Tim, hope it's nothing serious.

Here's to a speedy recovery! [drink]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 17/04/08 10:56 AM

Nothing serious. I have to get a bilateral hernia repaired...Yaaaayyyy!

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 17/04/08 06:26 PM

ow!

now dont watch that movie about the guy who was awake during surgery... [Huh?]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 18/04/08 01:32 PM

I was awake during my surgery. It wasn't a hernia repair but I was still awake. That is what locals are for. However, T-Ray won't be awake. Good luck T-Ray.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 18/04/08 06:04 PM

well in the movie (typical horror flick) the guy was "put under" but could still feel everything and in essence was still awake..

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 18/04/08 06:15 PM

Wow, Timbo, best wishes dude.. Gonn'a miss you out there, call if you need anything done [ThumbsUp]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 21/04/08 02:36 PM

Hey... Put the Red Fronty down for Camping and Volunteering. It did everything I tryed last weekend in 2wd without a problem... It actually out performed all our rigs we had out without breaking a sweat. The very first hill climb we usually take, it almost completed the hardest line, but the tires needed aired lower than we could deam safe to drive back to Conico on. Looking for OBA now (something that can handle the 35" and air tools).

Well there was some trail repairs made (tools needed: Mag light (not to be used as a flash light), hammer, vise grips, and a cresent wrench), now the tire doesn't rub the rear fender anymore.

I'll talk Onix into hacking off some more of the rear fenders and part of the front bumper... He did a really good job to the front fenders.

-MadManX

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 21/04/08 09:56 PM

Quote:
Those of you who aren't camping will meet in the parking lot outside the green gate at O dark thirty. I am not sure of the time yet. T-Ray will find out at the pre-meeting.
OK, so I re-read this entire thread, and I didn't see what time we need to meet on Saturday morning for the Triathlon. Last year, we met at the Green Gate at 7:00am, IIRC.

Can someone verify the meeting time and place for Saturday morning?

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 22/04/08 02:46 AM

Well, after looking back at last year and the year before we need to be in the parking lot outside the green gate by 0700. It would be cool if we could all be there by 0630. I know that the organizer wants to be ready to go as close to 0700 as possible.

Remember everyone.

CB-- Channel 17

FRS--Channel 14.0

If you don't have a CB or FRS radio don't worry, I carry and extra FRS and I know others will also.

Georgi, will you have CB or FRS?

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 22/04/08 06:39 AM

defibvt is correct. Everyone needs to be ready to go by 7:00am at the latest. 6:30am would be a good time to aim for assembling at the green gate.

Have fun, wish I was gunna be there.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 22/04/08 08:04 AM

Quote:
defibvt is correct. Everyone needs to be ready to go by 7:00am at the latest. 6:30am would be a good time to aim for assembling at the green gate.

Have fun, wish I was gunna be there.
Thanks for speaking up Tim.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 22/04/08 08:29 AM

I am going to try to be out there for camping and volunteering. I should finish up with my school work for the semester and it will be time to relax by a campfire.

Is anyone bringing firewood? I was out there a couple weeks ago and pickins are very slim.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 22/04/08 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by asuhondo:
I am going to try to be out there for camping and volunteering. I should finish up with my school work for the semester and it will be time to relax by a campfire.

Is anyone bringing firewood? I was out there a couple weeks ago and pickins are very slim.
We have the Fronty if someone has something to burn we can load up... I don't have much left of the pallets and only one 4 hour log left. So maybe enough wood for a couple of hot dogs.

Just let me know before thursday if we need to pick up some wood to haul in if you got some.

Scott... Are we meeting at 1:00 PM on Friday by the gate? I plan on leaving the office at noon and gasing up for the weekend... So I should be pretty close to that time.

Anyone else comming in after work? Sheila would like an escort since she is only a 2wd w/ a locker. I think her and Wally might be headding in close to 6 or later.

-MadManX

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 22/04/08 11:33 AM

Yeah, I'll probably be there around 6 as well.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 22/04/08 01:22 PM

Ditto i should be there 6-7ISH shrocked and ready wink

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 22/04/08 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MadManX:
Quote:
Originally posted by asuhondo:
[b]I am going to try to be out there for camping and volunteering. I should finish up with my school work for the semester and it will be time to relax by a campfire.

We have the Fronty if someone has something to burn we can load up... I don't have much left of the pallets and only one 4 hour log left. So maybe enough wood for a couple of hot dogs.

Just let me know before thursday if we need to pick up some wood to haul in if you got some.

Scott... Are we meeting at 1:00 PM on Friday by the gate? I plan on leaving the office at noon and gasing up for the weekend... So I should be pretty close to that time.

Anyone else comming in after work? Sheila would like an escort since she is only a 2wd w/ a locker. I think her and Wally might be headding in close to 6 or later.

-MadManX[/b]
Randy, I will be inside the gate on the sand at 1pm. I will wait for ya or barring issues you wait for me.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 22/04/08 04:41 PM

duuuuuuudessssss! I am not going to be able to make it. [Crybaby]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 22/04/08 05:37 PM

frown

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 22/04/08 07:17 PM

Putiing in my PTO for Friday, so I'll be driving out w/ Scott on Fri afternoon. [ThumbsUp]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 22/04/08 09:12 PM

Putiing in my fT Friday so i can pay for gas [Finger]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 23/04/08 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Onix:
Putiing in my fT Friday so i can pay for gas [Finger]
[LOL]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 23/04/08 01:35 PM

Quote:
Well, after looking back at last year and the year before we need to be in the parking lot outside the green gate by 0700. It would be cool if we could all be there by 0630. I know that the organizer wants to be ready to go as close to 0700 as possible.

Remember everyone.

CB-- [b]Channel 17

FRS--Channel 14.0

If you don't have a CB or FRS radio don't worry, I carry and extra FRS and I know others will also.

Georgi, will you have CB or FRS?[/b]
I will have both CB and FRS, and I typically carry extra FRS radios.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 23/04/08 01:40 PM

Someone mentioned firewood? I'm bringing a couple of small bundles. We may have to scavenge through some other washes to get firewood. ROADTRIP! That may be what I do Friday for a while. I plan to be at the camp site Friday between 0900-1100.

We're also staying Saturday night. Anyone else camping 2 nights?

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 23/04/08 02:05 PM

Quote:
We're also staying Saturday night. Anyone else camping 2 nights?
So far Sheila and I are planning on it. But we will play it by ear, and probably not stay too late into the day on Sunday.

Quote:
Randy, I will be inside the gate on the sand at 1pm. I will wait for ya or barring issues you wait for me.
Sounds good... And Looks like DBAX will be joining our group in too. I'll try and be earlier than you guys.

-MadManX

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 23/04/08 06:32 PM

I'm good for getting out there any time on Friday. What time should I get there to help hold a spot?

As most of you know, I'm basically stock and don't have much experience. I ran the coves on that night run a month or so ago, but will still need some help finding my way and choosing the right routes.

And I don't remember how to get to the gate...

I'm game for camping till Sunday, though!

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 23/04/08 07:17 PM

Quote:
I don't remember how to get to the gate...
Drive into Butcher Jones, follow the road around the park past the beach area. The gate's at the back of the parking lot on your right side, you can't miss it.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 23/04/08 08:16 PM

Drive into Butcher Jones.....Hmmmmm do i need a snorkel [Huh?]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 23/04/08 08:17 PM

I never did.. [Finger]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 23/04/08 08:18 PM

Ok i will follow you laugh
Sorry Lucky

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 23/04/08 09:01 PM

It's starting to come back to me... I'm thinking I'll get there early to help save some camping space.

I made the X some window screens for the weekend, so good to go for sleeping in it. A double sized air mattress fits perfectly, too.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 23/04/08 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XCJ:
It's starting to come back to me... I'm thinking I'll get there early to help save some camping space.

I made the X some window screens for the weekend, so good to go for sleeping in it. A double sized air mattress fits perfectly, too.
If the X is a rock'n... laugh

Looks like I'll be one of the few not camping. frown

Anyways, see you all there Saturday. There's a link to a google map on the Webpage AZXC

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 24/04/08 06:23 AM

Ok, so one more question, who's bringing snot-gobblers? My 6-year old wants to know if he's going to be the only kid camping.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 24/04/08 06:36 AM

My snot-gobblers (love that phrase) are too girly to camp and my boy is 16 months. So, guess it is just me. Might bring Pilar though. Still debating that one.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 24/04/08 08:08 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]It's starting to come back to me... I'm thinking I'll get there early to help save some camping space.

Anyways, see you all there Saturday. There's a link to a google map on the Webpage AZXC [/b]
Scratch the Web stuff right now. All the changes I made last night are no where to be seen. confused

I'll re upload them tonight.... :rolleyes:

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 24/04/08 08:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]It's starting to come back to me... I'm thinking I'll get there early to help save some camping space.

Anyways, see you all there Saturday. There's a link to a google map on the Webpage AZXC [/b]
Scratch the Web stuff right now. All the changes I made last night are no where to be seen. confused

I'll re upload them tonight.... :rolleyes: [/b]
Very weird...especially since I saw them last night...

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 24/04/08 08:28 AM

OK, Had Joannie Email the Index file to me so the info is back, but the picture of the month I'll have to do tonight as it is a lot more involved.

I had to make a couple changes to the account to get back a gallery, so I hope it all turns out, we'll see.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 24/04/08 05:37 PM

What are you all doing for food? I bought some water, bread, peanut butter, pretzels, and some other stuff, but was wondering what the rest of you were planning on eating.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 24/04/08 10:14 PM

Check out our Gallery, still needs sorted and redone, but I put up about 300 pictures that can be looked at.

Members Only- PM me for an account and I'll add you when I get it fixed up. This version is tons better than the last.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 05:34 AM

Just wanted to bump this so it'll be seen today.

T-Ray, check your PM's. [Wave]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 06:01 AM

Quote:
What are you all doing for food? I bought some water, bread, peanut butter, pretzels, and some other stuff, but was wondering what the rest of you were planning on eating.
DBAX and I planned our meals together to help contain costs because of our growing families.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 06:02 AM

Quote:
Just wanted to bump this so it'll be seen today.

Adam, you should start a new thread about this so it will be seen. Just a thought.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 06:17 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Just wanted to bump this so it'll be seen today.

Adam, you should start a new thread about this so it will be seen. Just a thought.[/b]
Ah, I figured I'd do that when it was completely done. But I was proud to have figured out the reason why it quit working and wanted to share it for now.

Thanks!

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 08:01 AM

I need to close the shop and should be at the green belt 6:30-7:00 i think sheila is also meeting chris and i at the shop.See ya all there save us a spot to camp 1 tent and 2 trucks laugh

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 08:18 AM

Save a spot for Three trucks two tents.... Wall-E I should be leaving gilbert around 5-5:30 I'll call you and see where you guys are at or meet you at the gate.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 08:40 AM

I'll be cutting out of work early tomorrow so I can make it by 6:30.

The 'snotgobbler' will be with me, but we're not camping.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 08:42 AM

Tom, 6:30 am Sat or 6:30 pm tonight?

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 08:50 AM

Who is going out at 1 today? I will be getting there at that time.

Want to go earlier but dont want to be out there solo.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 09:07 AM

Myself, DefibVT (Scott), and Madman (Randy). See ya' there [Wave]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 10:36 AM

[Wave] [Freak]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 11:02 AM

For those of you who haven't already done so, don't forget to bring cash / checks for:

Dues $25/yr
Stickers $12/ea.
T-Shirts $16/ea. pre-sale

Also, some of you will need to fill out some club paperwork (i.e. the waiver form and the contact info form). If you have already filled out this paperwork, then you are good to go.

I'll should be at the Green Gate at Butcher Jones around 6PM tonight.

cool

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 11:05 AM

Quote:
Who is going out at 1 today? I will be getting there at that time.

Want to go earlier but dont want to be out there solo.
Check you PMs...

-MadmanX

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 11:27 AM

OK Who is bringing the Xterra Girls AKA Hotties [Smoking]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 11:38 AM

Good thing there's no sharks in the lake. Shark kills man swimming with triathletes in S. Calif.

Wish the best for his family. frown

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 25/04/08 11:40 PM

i might meet you guys out there later on sat. i havent done my brakes/shocks yet. havent felt real great this week. just drained but not sleeping well. quitting smoking too, so that feels wonderful. hopefully ill wake up at a semi decent time tomorrow fix the truck and be out there later. but we will see. sry guys.. just feel like crap this week.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 26/04/08 03:08 PM

Great time guys, sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone.

Best showing for us that I can remember, Thanks!

Adam

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 26/04/08 03:37 PM

There'll be some tall tales form this one for sure.. Enjoy some pics-

There was a Jeep too, Scott.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 26/04/08 05:54 PM

Great pictures Dbax .... just got home with the YZ man what a ride im half tempted on going back out but trailer and bike.
Had a safe and great time at this large event and cant wait till next year there where some sweet rides there .... laugh [ThumbsUp]
It was nice to meet alot of new people and was suprised at the numbers that showed up [Wave]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 26/04/08 10:06 PM

Only decent picture I captured.

Dan and I exiting the trail. Had a great time. Good to see everyone. It was a great turn out.

2008 Camp

2007 Camp

Yes, you all should feel guilty that I camped by myself last year. Now you know all the fun you missed. [Finger] laugh

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 27/04/08 09:02 AM

No response implies guilt. laugh :p

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 27/04/08 09:06 PM

Just a quick note to say thanks to all, I enjoyed the day and learned by watching others who are more experienced. It's been many years since doing a trail run. I remembered an old saying 'open diffs are in worse case scenario 2 wheel drive 1 front and 1 back' oh well save my pennies to mod. Looking forward to seeing y'all soon. Dbax, thx for taking the digital shot.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 28/04/08 06:32 AM

It was good to see you again. Glad you had a great time.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 28/04/08 09:05 AM

That was a blast and just in case they were too tired to say anything by the end, we were thanked several times for the AZXC making such a big showing. Tim, Lindsey and Lucky13...You guys were missed [Wave] .(Teddy too) I hope your doing better T-Ray!!
Jeff, all you need to do is call me and you have another set of hands for your brakes,fluids and whatever else needs attention after your swimming lesson.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 28/04/08 09:15 AM

I had a blast guys... Mind you I for some reason keep towing people during the meetings for what I was really supposed to have been doing. Otherwise it was great.

Has anyone heard from Ted? ... I left him with a pretty badly beat up rig on the pavement before the event and he was gone when a few of us went back to check on him. He some how blew the cover off his front diff, set off his side curtan air bags, and "enlarged" his dent in his door. I hope he made it home... The plan was for him to drop his skid and pull his driveline out so the front diff was no longer functional and limp home. I hope he made it.

Chase, Sheila, Gorgie, Alex, and me all stayed Saturday night too... The water was nice, the night was great... We didn't even need a fire. We did have two skunks come into camp while we were up and one after we went to bed.

Gorgie busted a swaybar mount... But me and Sheila escorted her home just incase that wasn't her only clunking sound she had saturday afternoon.m Sunday we came across a Chevey 3500 that messed up his seating linkage real good. We winched some of the brakes back to a not so bent shape... Re-adjusted his tow and limped him the 8 miles to pavement. The guy wasn't too thankful... And to think they had been stranded with a 4yr old over night already.

And as for Sheila... Man she drove off the side of the trail coming up the hill from cove four and almost took a hell of a roll (would have put adams adventure to shame). I had to disconnect from the Chevy... Race around the hill to another down hill... Fly down it and back up behind her... Fastest thing I could get to her was the winch line... While I was racing Gorgie and Chase when olding on to her rear bumper trying to keep her from mtipping or sliding. Even with the winch I couldn't get her back on the trail and she had drug me about 10ft towards her... Chase had to do a 180 in front of her with no space to turn and grab her with another tow strap. Some pulling, winching, shoveling... And alot of hopping... We got her back on the trail in once peice. The speed she has to use right not only having 2wd, at the top she hit a real deep bump on the begining of a turn... So she didn't turn and bounced right over the edge. Her entier front was over the edge, one rear tire about a foot or more off the ground and the other rear was the only thing keeping her on the trail. Thanks Chase and Gorgie, and the couple of Jeep guys that raced over to help out too. That could have ended very badly and everyone walked away smiling at the end.

I don't have many pics... And The laptop will be on its way to HP probably tomorrow... I'll try to post some pics in the coming weeks when I get my laptop back.

-MadManX

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 28/04/08 11:26 AM

Added your Pictures to our New Gallery.

cool

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 29/04/08 06:49 AM

I reassessed my damage. Front sway bar bracket split, both bracket rubber bushings toast, metal on metal wearing at both bracket points. All sway bar bushings and connections at lower control arm well worn and spacers are cracked. Thought about leaving this bar off, but I definately don't like the body roll and I'm on the pavement now and feel real tippy on turns, so it's going back on once I get all the bushings and brackets in. Cost? Less than a hundred bucks and 1/2 hour worth of work. Much cheaper than the worrying I did about the clunk, thinking it was something serious, whew. Sorry boys, my Gen 1 still rocks over the infamous Gen 2, even though mine's a dog for power! [Finger]

I made $20 bucks on Saturday, giving power steering fluid to a Dodge with a blown seal in his steering unit, he wouldn't accept me turing down the money, so I took it.

That ungrateful clown in the Chevy that we spent all day Sunday towing would have still been stranded at cove three if we weren't nice enough to jump in and fix his front end. That'll be a pricey fix. Buzzed off after we got a forest ranger involved, bench warrant maybe? [ThumbsDown]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 29/04/08 06:52 AM

hey Dan, that was a real nice Jeep parked next to my truck at camp. Too bad we couldn't see it in action, it was out of power. It seemed to have pretty good articulation though. I saw it posed on a rock the next morning. laugh

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 29/04/08 08:07 PM

My checkpoint got all the action.

First, this guy took a header when he hit a sandy spot.

Aside from the cracked rim, he got some heavy road rash on his right hand & left knee & a stitch-worthy gash on his chin.

While I was getting him cleaned up, a Jeeper came up with a leg full of cactus. While he was going at the cactus with pliers, another racer took a spill when she got stung on the face by a bee, but she got up & continued on.

I was really glad to see Adam back among us in his new ride - Gen1 love, baby! [ThumbsUp]

I hope Ted's OK. I'd really like to hear the story behind his little adventure.

I'm also really looking forward to Sedona next month.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 29/04/08 08:28 PM

[Laughing]
Dude, Scott and I were at the "tippy spot" near the fence and several people bit it when headed down the rutted side of the path. Wish I had my camera for some of those.. The worst one was as we were leaving the final transition before th road course. A fellow missed the singletrack coming down the mountain, endo'd and dislocated his shoulder right in front of as as he hit the ground. [Too much XOC]
Overall it was a smashing success. Oh, and Lee, if you're reading this, Greg G says hi too [Wave]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 30/04/08 10:56 AM

Sounds like it was a great turnout and some interesting stories came out of it. Thanks to all who were there and I'm glad you all had fun.

[ThumbsUp]

Tell me someone got me a shirt??? [Uh Oh !]

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 30/04/08 11:14 AM

I thought Dan got you your shirt?

Tom Thanks! Glad to be back. Just miss that locker to makeup for my lack of ability. laugh

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 30/04/08 02:33 PM

I got a shirt for ya Tim although they ran out of XL's fast so I hope a Large will work confused I guess we'll find out when I see you next.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 30/04/08 03:21 PM

I got one XL that fits me like a med.. confused Poly-freakin-ester?

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 30/04/08 03:33 PM

I guess alot of people were thinking about you T-ray. I picked up an xlg knowing that my body wouldn't support an under armor shirt, intending it for you. You're more than welcome to it. I also realized that not being a member and signing up for one, it was for whoever ordered and didn't get one. One of my boys could use the large if it is available when all is said and done.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 01/05/08 12:29 PM

If you want to pass Tim the XL then that would work best. This large is skin tight and Tim's much larger than I am. When all is said and done, yes, your son can have this large.

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 05/05/08 08:21 PM

I didn't take many this weekend but here us the rest of the pix: www.photobucket.com - 04/26/2008 Triathalon Camping

-MadManX

Re: April 26th AZXC Xcursion - Xterra Triathalon - 08/05/08 07:58 AM

Nice pics Randy.