Shrockwork Sliders on '05

Posted by: Anonymous

Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 15/11/05 10:32 PM

As a Xmas present to myself, I am thinking about getting a set of the Shrockwork sliders for my '05 but I am hearing that, unlike installation on previous X models, there is some drilling required on the '05.

Anyone here installed sliders yet and how much drilling is required - what size of hole etc ? As I don't have a drill etc, I probably have to go out and purchase one this weekend as well.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 16/11/05 12:06 AM

I installed them on my 05 back in August. They are mostly bolt on as you only have to drill one hole on each side. I want to say the holes are between 1/2" and 3/4". If you don't plan on wheeling it right away, the bolts will hold it all in place till you are equipped to drill. I mounted mine with bolts only for over a month. When you do drill, definitely get a step bit, as it will make it much easier for you. Jim's included instructions are very easy to follow. Goodluck and they are well worth the investment.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 16/11/05 04:34 AM

defibvt is local and has shrockworks on his 05. He just bought a new casa so a pm to him might be the best way, I also think he did this at Conumdrums house so he would be a good local guy to ask about install too.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 16/11/05 06:46 AM

I'd be happy to assist at mi casa if you'd like, however it would be a scheduling issue. As mentioned above an indexing bit would make the job much easier. I had to use my 1/2" bit and wallow the holes out until they were big enough. All in all it was very easy and the Sliders as well as the instructions were very good. There is a thread somewhere where I posted the instruction sheets that came with the sliders.

Merry Xmas!

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 16/11/05 09:11 AM

10% off if you buy 2 sets! I was thinking of ordering mine in the next month or so too, I can push that up a little if you are ordering soon.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 16/11/05 09:29 AM

I might just take you up on your offer. I have a strong aversion to drilling holes in a 10 week old vehicle wink

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 16/11/05 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
10% off if you buy 2 sets! .
I thought I had already replied to this but here goes again. Maybe the firewall blocked it.

I am thinking about ordering them just after thanksgiving , according to Jim yesterday there is a 3 week lead time so that would put delivery just before Xmas.

Shipping is $68 per set to AZ.

I hope to be at your meeting on Friday evening so we can discuss the details then.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 16/11/05 11:34 AM

I've got no problem drilling holes in a perfectly new and good frame. [LOL]

Think we'd get 20% off if we bought 3 sets?
Of course I'd have to get permission from the wife first. wink

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 16/11/05 11:51 AM

I already have permission from the wife, she can't climb into the thing very easily without them! lol. She is only 4'11" after all.

Doubt they will do 20% off for 3 sets, but they might cut us a deal on shipping if we have all 3 sets shipped together to the same address.

I personally want the powdercoat option on mine, not sure if that adds to the lead time. I'd be up for ordering just after thanksgiving tho.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 16/11/05 02:38 PM

Sounds like a plan. We could have the shipment come to my work (Childress Buick/Kia) to avoid any residential charges. I'll talk to my wife tonight and see what she says.
Thanks Guys.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 16/11/05 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
Think we'd get 20% off if we bought 3 sets?
. wink
You don't ask you don't get. Does no harm to ask !!!

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 16/11/05 03:40 PM

I'll call Jim tomorrow from work and see what kinda deal he'd cut us on 3 sets.

You guys going for the Powder coat, or just gonna paint them yourselves?

You going to be able to make a club meating Phil? We're at Pinnicle Nissan this Friday evening at 7pm if you wanna come see some of the other folks, of course you and I have already met over a Haynes manual once smile

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 16/11/05 04:17 PM

Quote:

You guys going for the Powder coat, or just gonna paint them yourselves?
Powder coated in semi-gloss black for me !!.

Will do my best to be there Friday @ 7pm, I was meaning to attend your last meeting but we had to fly home for a few weeks so that upset the schedule a bit

Now it is your turn to sell on the Haynes manual
[LOL] [LOL]

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 16/11/05 04:54 PM

Already sold it to a guy on the forum.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 16/11/05 10:18 PM

Quote:
There is a thread somewhere where I posted the instruction sheets that came with the sliders.
Found them at
http://members.cox.net/cmsincpage/Slider_Shrock_05.PDF

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 17/11/05 06:42 AM

Thanks Man! I didn't even think of pointing to my address.. Duh. I was thinking about the thread. The conversation didn't come up last night, but I'll talk with her tonight.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 17/11/05 09:08 AM

Emailed Jim last night and he said shipping would be $58.00 per set shipped together (Seems a little steep).

Plus the 10% discount would apply.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 17/11/05 10:00 AM

I am ready to pull the trigger on these on Monday 11/21 in other to avoid any delay in the shipping due to the fact that Xmas is so close.

I would like to have them for Xmas as it will probably be the only downtime I will have for the next 6 months.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 17/11/05 10:47 AM

That works for me, if you are coming to the meeting on Friday I can write you a check for my set, or I can meet you at work where we met before if you can't make the meeting. I want the same powercoat option you are going for too. So that'll be 2 identical sets for us.

Adam, don't ask the missus. Tell the missus! smile Yeaa right - Like that's what I do! lol.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 17/11/05 11:52 AM

Yeah, That would go over good... [LOL]
I think I want mine to be black powder coat or enamel.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 18/11/05 07:08 AM

WOO HOOO! I have permission! Let's work out the details tonight at the meeting. laugh

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 18/11/05 07:22 AM

Nice, sounds like a plan. Phil (Scrabo) figured it should come to $380.20 inc. shipping per set. powdercoated.

Powdercoated
$358 less 10% = $322.20
+ $58.00 shipping = $380.20

Bare Steel
$308 less 10% = $277.20
+ $58.00 shipping = $335.20

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 18/11/05 08:35 AM

Bring your check books gentlemen !!!

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 18/11/05 09:31 AM

I'm going to buy an indexing bit or two to add to my tool collection.

Edit to add: I just purchased one at McMaster Carr and I will be happy to put holes in your trucks... [LOL]

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 18/11/05 10:21 AM

Quote:

Edit to add: I just purchased one at McMaster Carr and I will be happy to put holes in your trucks... [LOL]
My Shrock Sliders are supposed to be done today, but I'm gonna be outta town 'til Nov. 29 so had to ask Jim to hold off shipping them for a week frown . May look you up to drill away when I do get them.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 18/11/05 10:35 AM

Quote:

I'll take you up on that offer when they arrive. Next toy I have to buy is a Rack and Hi-Lift jack. I just started sub-contracting for a guy to manage his web sites for 18 to 24 months (He gets sentenced on Monday)! lol. He's paying me hansomly for the work too. So lots-O-toys for the X coming soon.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 21/11/05 12:41 PM

Check's officially in the mail. Thanks Scrabo!

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 21/11/05 04:30 PM

We'll have to arrange a bit of a 'Slider Installation / Drilling holes in $85,000 worth of Xterras' day when they arrive smile

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 21/11/05 07:29 PM

Quote:
We'll have to arrange a bit of a 'Slider Installation / Drilling holes in $85,000 worth of Xterras' day when they arrive smile
Like a Dentist, you don't want to hear oops when someone is drilling on your rig. [LOL]

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 21/11/05 08:29 PM

Quote:
And a lot of beer to dull the pain

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 23/11/05 07:06 AM

No pain, or less than hearing Thud, bang, screech and knowing you didn't have sliders on. [Uh Oh !]

Hey, Did you get them ordered and if so, what is the ETA?

Thanks, Adam

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 23/11/05 01:44 PM

Quote:
Hey, Did you get them ordered and if so, what is the ETA?
I ordered them on Monday and Jim said three weeks. With thanksgiving etc, I would probably allow 4 weeks. I thought I pm you and Rinky on Monday but must have forgot.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 23/11/05 03:27 PM

Thanks Phil. Have a great T-Day!

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 12/12/05 08:32 AM

Any updated ETA on these yet? Lindsay complains every time she tries to climb into the X that we need them! Now I need to persuade her how much easier her life would be with the front bumper too! That might not be so easy.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 12/12/05 11:00 AM

Hmm the schock works sliders contour to the side and stick out about an inch further than the rocker panel does. it will be just as hard to use as a step as not using at all not to mention (to her for sure) that because they stick out she is going to rub her leg on them every time she gets out. so better have them clean when wearing long pants laugh Again another issue I wouldnt mention.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 12/12/05 02:35 PM

Quote:
Any updated ETA on these yet?
I was talking to Jim on 11/28 and we said then about 2 weeks, so I am hopeful for a Fedex tracking number to arrive via email soon.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 12/12/05 05:04 PM

Looks plenty useable as a step to me, don't spoil it! smile Gonna get some grip tape to put herever she decides is best to put it.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 12/12/05 05:54 PM

Put mine on a couple of hours ago. Then used them to step on in...and to step up and get into the bin on top. Love 'em as will you. laugh

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 13/12/05 06:49 AM

Damn, sounds like they'll be arriving while I'm outta town. I'll be back after Christmas and hope to get them soon thereafter. Are we going to have a slider install party? Bring the beer, I've got the tools. [ThumbsUp]

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 13/12/05 07:13 AM

Not sure I can wait that long if you are out of town. I might buy a step bit myself and drill the required holes to get them on there. I have confidence in my drilling skill! smile

I emailed Jim on Friday asking for an ETA and he replies last night saying they will ship later this week.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 14/12/05 09:27 AM

Quote:
Not sure I can wait that long if you are out of town.
Rinky, PM me your cell number and I will give you a call when they arrive and we can meet up at the same place as before.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 14/12/05 12:04 PM

PM'd.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 20/12/05 06:11 PM

Quote:
they will ship later this week.
Shipped today - due 12/23/05

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 21/12/05 07:13 AM

Whooo Hoooo. Can't wait to get them on there now. And start saving for the next toy.

I'm going with the Yakima Rack next, probably at the end of January / Eary Feb. Then I have to get a CB Antenna, Hi Lift Jack and maybe some Lights to put up on it. So the rack gets some use. Looking forward to having some more space up on the roof for stuff during next years camping season.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 22/12/05 05:59 PM

OK, Even tho' you dudes are getting your sliders before me, I can't be too unhappy......I'm sittin' in my motorhome literally on the beach in Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point to you Gringos) and MY sliders will be arriving right after I get home Jan. 4......if I really hafta go home frown
So have fun drilling holes....remember....measure twice (at least!) and drill once!

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 22/12/05 06:17 PM

Quote:
I'm going with the Yakima Rack next, probably at the end of January / Eary Feb.
I have seen the Load Warrior for $232 and the Mega Warrior for $322 on Agees website but I will shop around a bit more before I pull the trigger on one of these myself.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 22/12/05 08:03 PM

There was a dude selling the Load Warriors on Ebay for $200 with the net. I believe Ty (2explore) got his on there, doesn't look like the guy is selling them right now tho.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 29/12/05 06:47 AM

PM'd Scrabo! I'm Back! Just got over the Flu, I hope :rolleyes: and want to get those suckers on, I have a little trail damage the makes me wonder if it would have been avoided by having them on. Kicked up a log that hit the left rear door, It should buff out. Picked it up on the way out and burned it later.
Adam

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 29/12/05 08:15 AM

ouch, did ya go up to the Claim or somethin? Can't wait to get up there again next year, I'm totally in love with that place. Don't expect me to be hanging around camp next time tho, I wanna head up that road that we went up last time with Ty & Scott, that seemed like a perfect practise trail for my 4x4 noobness. Maybe head Right instead of Left at the top of the hill.

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 29/12/05 09:58 AM

Nope, went to TX. Got the log on a beach in Texarkana.

You betcha we'll be camping again next year. The Bean's will love it. wink

Re: Shrockwork Sliders on '05 - 29/12/05 10:52 AM

I did get mine off ebay, with the net for $199 plus shipping. was About $250 total. Was new in the box, and I would deal with him again.