Lions Back 2006

Posted by: Erik

Lions Back 2006 - 07/06/06 10:40 PM

Well instead of working on actual work stuff, I put together a small clip. Please right click and save. More to follow soon... [Smoking]

By the way this video clip was taken with a $14.95 pin hole spy camera. It was mounted under the air damn on top. I was impressed with the quality for such a cheap camera. I did speed up the video a little. It actually took close to 10 mins to get down. But, that seemed a little boring after awhile.

BigEasy

15.5 MB Larger version
8.5 MB Smaller version
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 08/06/06 04:33 AM

PRONG!
Posted by: ATFrontier

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 08/06/06 07:10 AM

Awesome! Curious, do you touch the brakes at all or is it strickly gears slowing you on that last steep decent?
Posted by: RI Xterra

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 08/06/06 07:13 AM

[ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: xterraintx

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 08/06/06 08:01 AM

That's me and my truck going first. BELIEVE me I was on the brakes. Even had (was thinking about) a contingency plan if they failed wink smile

Eric, GR8 video THANKS for posting!!!!

Oh yea, tell Chris I say howdy!

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 08/06/06 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
PRONG!
That's the mood I was in last night and it seemed to fit the video. Did you like the added heart beat at the end?

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 08/06/06 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ATFrontier:
Awesome! Curious, do you touch the brakes at all or is it strickly gears slowing you on that last steep decent?
No gears just lots of the wide pedal.
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 08/06/06 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ATFrontier:
If you've GOT the gears that's a great place for 'em - but if you don't it's brake-time.

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 08/06/06 01:50 PM

link to the spy camera? any idea where you can get one?

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 08/06/06 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
link to the spy camera? any idea where you can get one?
It was my brothers. He got it off ebay and I asked him to send my the name of the seller. I'll post it when I get the info.

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 08/06/06 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Erik:
Quote:
[b]link to the spy camera? any idea where you can get one?
It was my brothers. He got it off ebay and I asked him to send my the name of the seller. I'll post it when I get the info.[/b]
Sweet!

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 08/06/06 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Erik:
Quote:
[b]link to the spy camera? any idea where you can get one?
It was my brothers. He got it off ebay and I asked him to send my the name of the seller. I'll post it when I get the info.[/b]
Looks like the price went up a little but it's still a good buy. Here is the link to the one he has. Buy it now price is $24.99. But the shipping is another $19.99. Still a good deal in my book. Check out his store too and other ebay sellers. There are pinhole camera's that record audio too.

Erik

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 08/06/06 02:32 PM

thats awesome! and yeah, really very good quality for a pinhole camers [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: sandmanX

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 08/06/06 10:12 PM

That thing scares the crap outta me.
Posted by: ATFrontier

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 09/06/06 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraintx:
That's me and my truck going first. BELIEVE me I was on the brakes. Even had (was thinking about) a contingency plan if they failed wink smile

Eric, GR8 video THANKS for posting!!!!

Oh yea, tell Chris I say howdy!
What? The E-Brake, sticking your foot out the door...what?
No, seriously. I thought that on that last part that if you used brakes then the rear end of the truck would get tippy.
Posted by: Todrick

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 09/06/06 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
PRONG!
DITTO!

Hey DBAX, you do know that Tommy Victor is now a member of Ministry... and Minstry has a new album 'Rio Grande Blood' that kicks major ass...

right? you knew, right?

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 09/06/06 11:54 AM

Sweet vid. Like it.

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 09/06/06 12:27 PM

Quote:
Minstry has a new album 'Rio Grande Blood' that kicks major ass...
Possibly their best ever...

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 09/06/06 08:49 PM

great video [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: Snoopy

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 10/06/06 03:31 PM

Very nice video. It really gives you the perspective of being in the drivers seat.

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 11/06/06 03:49 PM

jesus! that video made me nervous. bad ass [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: fastdrmr

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 11/06/06 07:23 PM

I have hiked up that several times but just don't have the balls to do it. It's the part at 2:18 that scares the pooooop out of me.

Thanks for sharing! [ThumbsUp]

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 12/06/06 08:33 AM

Finally had the time and a high speed connection to get it. Erik that was AWESOME!!!!

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 14/06/06 10:01 AM

Now that was just sweet!

I just watched it with my co-workers and they just looked at me, didn't say anything, and walked out.

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 14/06/06 01:44 PM

Very nice vid my wife is from Moab and we get up there alot she still has alot of family in Moab. Her dad has lived their along time and knows all the great 4x4 spots even some stuff crazier thans lion back. I have hiked up Lions back, saw a guy do it on a dirt bike, and my father in law said some guy mt biked down it which is plan nuts. I have seen some vid's of coming down do you or anybody have one going up. ALso next time anybodys up there you got to go to the LaSal moutains very beutiful. Another great spot to stop depending on where you are coming from (this would be mostly from the southwest) is just out of san juan is the valley oh the gods. Another cool spot is goblin valley.

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 16/06/06 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sandmanX:
That thing scares the crap outta me.
Yeah same here. my hands started getting sweaty. Is it not as steep as it looks?

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 16/06/06 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by -RotorDemon-:
Quote:
Originally posted by sandmanX:
[b]That thing scares the crap outta me.
Yeah same here. my hands started getting sweaty. Is it not as steep as it looks?[/b]
No, it's as steep as it looks! On the pucker factor scale it rated a 10, which is the equivalent of neoprene up the ass! [Geek]

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 16/06/06 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slmh1296:
Very nice vid my wife is from Moab and we get up there alot she still has alot of family in Moab. Her dad has lived their along time and knows all the great 4x4 spots even some stuff crazier thans lion back. I have hiked up Lions back, saw a guy do it on a dirt bike, and my father in law said some guy mt biked down it which is plan nuts. I have seen some vid's of coming down do you or anybody have one going up. ALso next time anybodys up there you got to go to the LaSal moutains very beutiful. Another great spot to stop depending on where you are coming from (this would be mostly from the southwest) is just out of san juan is the valley oh the gods. Another cool spot is goblin valley.
Dude, you should hook up with the AZXC people. We have a perfect 4x2 outing planned for early August, cross country trip from Flagstaff to Grand Canyon, with free beer courtesy of Fat Tire at the end.

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 28/06/06 11:40 AM

Hey Rinky thanks for the invite. I will have to check out the azxc site and get the dates sorry I did not post back sooner been in california on vacation. Which remindes me may be hard to get some more days off right know but we will see. So I checked the web page. The dates in the area under minutes of the website it says august 5-6th and under xcursions it say 4-5th which is it.

Re: Lions Back 2006 - 28/06/06 05:11 PM

That is by far the best lions back video I have seen.

I would LOVE to do that!!!