the "nissan" experience???

Posted by: Anonymous

the "nissan" experience??? - 03/07/07 09:11 PM

okay guys, i have been lurking this forum for a while and finally bought an 05 offroad a couple weeks ago. before i start on the winding road of mods i have a few minor things to do and using the courtesy nissan website i located the parts and their corresponding part numbers. i contacted the only nearby dealer this morning and the experience has left me far less than eager to ever have anything to do w/them again, regardless of reason or situation. i am coming to nissan after many years of two different toyotas and quite a few dealerships, from phoenix to oakland/livermore to denver/boulder to this nowhere hole, and they have all been nothing short of outstanding. so my question is, should i expect this from any nissan dealership, is it part of the package, or are they just saving the particularly nasty, non-DMV employable types for the parts department?

--aequis
(partial vent, but i still need parts and a dealership i can drive to)

Re: the "nissan" experience??? - 04/07/07 09:53 PM

Knowing which part of Indiana you live in would be helpful. Hopefully, you are near a big enough city to have more than one dealership to choose from.

Here in Phoenix, there are some real good parts departments and some not so good. Luckily, there are 8 (possibly more) Nissan dealerships within driving distance, so I can't complain.

Post up which city you live in/near, and someone on this board will be able to help you.

Re: the "nissan" experience??? - 05/07/07 07:36 PM

i am in evansville, indiana, very southwest part of the state and that is the sole nissan dealer here. i have been in touch w/another dealership who was very helpful during my search for the xterra i wanted, but they are about 45 miles away. not a deal breaker by any means, but enough to make me say "bleh, this really stinks".
as for the first part i needed, i have since made one and its working fine. now its time for a hitch and harness w/tires and armour moving up the list two spots (:
Posted by: xterra3202

Re: the "nissan" experience??? - 09/07/07 04:39 PM

My experience with Nissan...(for what its worth)....

They make a great product but their customer support division is really bad as are many of their service centers. I had a POS Ford Ranger but the dealer did everything possible to help me out as did FoMoCo.....in the end the lemon law just didnt apply to me but they surely did help out.

Summed up...Nissan= good product lousy support.
Ford= crappy product good support

Tim

PS- This is all based on only my single experiences!!!!!