New Xterra

Posted by: Pashoe

New Xterra - 29/07/01 06:00 AM

Hello,
I am thinking of buying a new 4X4 XE Auto from Kissimmee Nissan in Kissimmee, FL. I was quoted $23,700 for a fully loaded 2001 4X4. I guess my question is:

Is this a reasonable price considering that some dealerships (most likely domestic) are offering SUVs well below invoice due to the gas crunch.

Is the Xterra reliable, i.e. no mechanical beakdowns.

Thanks and I appreciate your advice.

------------------
Posted by: JayzX

Re: New Xterra - 29/07/01 07:14 AM

That's about right for the options you are looking at getting.

No, no major mechanical problems, just some minor annoyances you can learn about by reading the Problems and Annoyances Forum. I suggest reading the past months posts to get a good feel of some of the minor problems and what to look for when you pick up your X.

Good luck w/ your new purchase.

------------------
Jay's X
It's my wifes, but I still like driving her wink
'01 4x4 XE 3-pak
Posted by: Tiburon65

Re: New Xterra - 29/07/01 10:00 AM

sounds good, but you might give the guys in over in merrit island a call forget the dealer name. Talked with the sales guy a bit, very helpful, Mike Simpson I think was his name. They had a good selection and prices. I ended up getting mine up in Sanford NC for $22,450. quick phone call should help. they may beat your price.

------------------
01 XE 3 pk 4X4 5sp
Alpine Green
You're not living life till you are part of the food chain...
Posted by: Xterrian

Re: New Xterra - 29/07/01 10:02 AM

You should sweat them a bit more. They only have a month or so to sell those '01s. I paid less than that when they came out in '00. I have a XE 4x4 manual.

------------------
Posted by: Tiburon65

Re: New Xterra - 30/07/01 04:53 AM

Additionally,Nissan is bumping up their incentives, a nice cool $1000 cash.... I doubt that nissan will add more but as time moves on the dealer will have to.

------------------
01 XE 3 pk 4X4 5sp
Alpine Green
You're not living life till you are part of the food chain...